RIP Phil Walsh - Police, club, league statements in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Not suggesting any sympathy after what happened but imagine being 26 in a psych ward, waiting to be interviewed by police for murdering your own father. This is just so damn tragic.

In a way things getting to the stage where a son would kill his father is the biggest tragedy here

We don't that yet. Could be manslaughter. Court will decide.
Charge will always be murder. Even if it gets reduced on verdict to manslaughter he's still been murdered - manslaughter in this case will simply be an alternative offered to the jury if they can't agree on intent

So I wake up yesterday morning (I live in Europe) and find that Roughy has cancer, and then this morning this? I had to look at the headline several times to figure this out. So weird and awful. I think everyone needs to take a few weeks off. Serious. This is the worst thing that has happened in the time I've followed football.

Charge will always be murder. Even if it gets reduced on verdict to manslaughter he's still been murdered - manslaughter in this case will simply be an alternative offered to the jury if they can't agree on intent
The police spokesman played a pretty straight bat when talking about the knife but one of his deflections was interesting. When asked what type of knife it was he said along the lines of "I can't comment on the type of knife nor how it came to be on the premises". The latter part makes it sound like a knife was brought into the home.

Not suggesting any sympathy after what happened but imagine being 26 in a psych ward, waiting to be interviewed by police for murdering your own father. This is just so damn tragic.

24 hours from now we'll know a lot more.

Last edited:
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sl...life-on-websites/story-fndv7pj3-1227427087475

Safe to say alcohol or drugs were probably involved me thinks unfortunately :(
In other entries he describes periodic obsessions with checking his Facebook, working out, organic diets, Japanese music and video games.

He outlines encounters with foreign girls — one of whom was using drugs, which made it “endgame for me” — and his experience getting “blind drunk”.

“I become very … emotional, and I don’t just mean I get all sad and wanna cry and kill myself (although occasionally that might happen),” he wrote.

“What I mean is that I become a wild beast of emotion in general, hate, love, sadness, whatever.

“I wanna fight some guy who didn't even look at me ... next I try to grab some girl and yank her into the bathroom.

“I’ll start picking people up and telling them I like them or pointing in faces and calling people bitches ... it has quite unfortunately become a bit of a problem for me.”

Cy Walsh vows he is “never drinking again” and writes that his focus has shifted to “The Asian Girlfriend Project” — his desire to meet and fall in love with an Asian girl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like a little shit. Let's hope he doesn't get off easy.
“I wanna fight some guy who didn't even look at me ... next I try to grab some girl and yank her into the bathroom."

'tis awfully incriminating if he has tested positive to any substance...

oh channel 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

****en live cross to the walsh home and there's a ****en STEAM CLEANING van in the background.......................

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak

So damn sad, feel for the wife/mother and sister/daughter now, not just the football community but the whole community needs to rally for this one.

That is a relief as I was hoping it was not just 1 child as that would have been even worse for the mother as it would have meant she would have lost everyone in one hit, her husband who is dead and her son who is going to prison. It is good she has another child though.
Feel for the daughter.
Lost her dad, brother in jail and mum in hospital.

Just even saying the words today have been incredibly difficult and hard to comprehend. I realise that this isn't unique to society, but it just makes you stop and consider everything around you.

I sincerely hope the rest of Phil's family can at some point down the line, find some semblance of normality to their lives.

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP Phil Walsh - Police, club, league statements in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back