Toast Rising Star Bailey Smith 28 disposals against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Very well spoken in this video after being a little nervous in previous interviews

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-11-22/new-dog-on-top-of-the-world
Nice interview. He seems like a quality person. I especially loved his "top of the moon" quick change to "top of the world" and did he accidentally say the eff word? If so, I shall add him to my list of favourite players immediately. He wants to be "as coachable as possible". Wow, if only every player had that attitude.

Imagine if he had red hair... :p

Was hoping we would go in a slightly different direction but can't begrudge the club for taking Smith at all, could have made a strong case for him going top 5. Nice slider to get knowing we will get West fairly cheap as well. Smith will be a good fit for our club with the way he goes about his footy. Can see him having an impact in season 1. Similar to Dow of last season.

Really like this selection. Seems to be a maniac attacking man and ball, and has some nice wheels in traffic with ball in hand too.

I reckon this year we were missing a bit of C on the deck. Stoked to have this kid, it just looks right

Grasping at straws a bit here aren't we? Would he be in the bottom 5 in the club? Who's spot does he take next year?
Your statement was patently incorrect and when it is explained why, I'm grasping at straws?
You were wrong, that's it. Take your issues somewhere else, you get no more replies from me.

A little Callan Ward-ish? Hard at it, decent burst, decent disposal, leader, etc etc. Like it.
Yep, it’s the only real good comparison I’ve seen to him so far.

Maybe not quite as strong overhead as Ward but he’s at least a yard or 2 quicker. Otherwise, they are similar enough and is the type that can make an impact pretty quickly.

Yep, it’s the only real good comparison I’ve seen to him so far.

Maybe not quite as strong overhead as Ward but he’s at least a yard or 2 quicker. Otherwise, they are similar enough and is the type that can make an impact pretty quickly.
I think Brad Johnson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of talk about his pace and kicking (rightfully so) but one thing I noticed (albeit only from highlight videos) was that he is a very ferocious tackler and has a very good technique with pinning the arm. Really good set of traits to have.
Noticed that too, he tackled one then the ball spills out and instantly tackled the other.

one thing I noticed (albeit only from highlight videos) was that he is a very ferocious tackler and has a very good technique with pinning the arm.

Agreed. His tackling made me stiff in the trousers.

He seems to not only want to stop blokes, but hurt them.

I like that.

Agreed. His tackling made me stiff in the trousers.

He seems to not only want to stop blokes, but hurt them.

I like that.

That's what I like about him. You never admit it, but when I tackle someone it is always with the intent to hurt them, cause damage or make them crap their pants next time they see you coming. Everyone should be tackling with some kind of intent, hardness, within the rules. That's why I hate AFL sometimes, fans, player, admins and commentators always brag about how "tough" it is. But most players tackling techniques are cringe, and half the time it looks like they are trying to hug each other. Smith has a good technique and real intent in his tackles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Rising Star Bailey Smith 28 disposals against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back