Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond - Thursday 21st March 7:20PM @ MCG - Team Post #1412

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win the match. Then we know that our post season rhetoric and analysis is on the money. But one game is not a season and I would much rather us lose but show something consistently than win one and flop. Week week by week cementing their game into the competition. Its still about green shoots. But there is now a garden full of blooms being cultivated as opposed to a few sparse seedlings. The 66 games is done. Now we start seeing the team the list rebuild was designed to produce.

CARLTON

MILESTONES: Marc Murphy - Playing 250th game

NEW:- Nic Newman , Michael Gibbons , Sam Walsh , Mitch McGovern , Alex Fasolo , Will Setterfield

B Jarrod Garlett , Liam Jones , Lachie Plowman
HB Kade Simpson , Jacob Weitering , Nic Newman
C Marc Murphy , Patrick Cripps , Zac Fisher
HF Michael Gibbons , Charlie Curnow , Sam Walsh
F Ed Curnow , Mitch McGovern , Harry McKay
FOL Andrew Phillips , Paddy Dow , Sam Petrevski-Seton

I/C Dale Thomas , David Cuningham , Alex Fasolo , Will Setterfield

EMG Cameron Polson , Lochie O'Brien , Levi Casboult , Matthew Lobbe
That got to be a great recruitment success
6 new players in best 22!

I wouldn't say we have gone 3 tall forwards at all. Balta is 2nd ruck and more plays across a wing when not rucking he has a pretty good tank. They won't play Lynch Jack and Balta all in the 50 at once.

Genuine question not trolling or being a smart arse but if Lynch Jack and Dusty all play in the 50 at some stage who takes Dusty?

It will be interesting to see the match ups for your big key forwards you have 3 yourselves. Curnow to athletic for Astbury and Broad so it has to be Rance who takes him. Astbury a good match up for McKay but leaves McGovern with Broad or Grimes which would suit you guys a lot.

Fasalo always had great games against us and wouldn't be surprised to see him kick half a dozen .

Good luck guys hope it's a cracker of a game

Gotta watch that Lynch he is a bully always goes after smaller players like a gutless wonder, if he does Jones better lay him out. Guaranteed if any of them physically go after us it will be that bully on a small. Hate him with a passion with his to close together eyes.
That is so wrong.......

its too close together......:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Polson out makes for common sense.........and that's nothing against Polson FFS, as Fasolo can actually kick goals.

Still would have had O'Brien ahead of Gibbons, but only just for now.
I don't like Murphy on the wing and would sooner he led from the front in our forward line.
Of course team sheets mean little, but just play Murphy forward and have give ECurnow a shut down role.
Polson can go back to the lower level and earn it, for now.

Fasolo known quantity, and will have a chip on his shoulder after his pre-season

I wouldn't say we have gone 3 tall forwards at all. Balta is 2nd ruck and more plays across a wing when not rucking he has a pretty good tank. They won't play Lynch Jack and Balta all in the 50 at once.

Genuine question not trolling or being a smart arse but if Lynch Jack and Dusty all play in the 50 at some stage who takes Dusty?

It will be interesting to see the match ups for your big key forwards you have 3 yourselves. Curnow to athletic for Astbury and Broad so it has to be Rance who takes him. Astbury a good match up for McKay but leaves McGovern with Broad or Grimes which would suit you guys a lot.

Fasalo always had great games against us and wouldn't be surprised to see him kick half a dozen .

Good luck guys hope it's a cracker of a game
Plowman would have to be the guy ,god help us , otherwise Jones. Either way there’s not too many that can stop him so I guess my answer would be.....team effort.
Good luck and may the best team win.

Gotta watch that Lynch he is a bully always goes after smaller players like a gutless wonder, if he does Jones better lay him out. Guaranteed if any of them physically go after us it will be that bully on a small. Hate him with a passion with his to close together eyes.
Gee you sound angry .. never noticed Lynch do that but I’ll keep an eye out....still reckon he’s not playing though

No surprises with that 22. Picked itself basically after the JLT's.

Good depth lurking in the next few weeks to really put the heat on the bottom 6 or so of this 22 to perform their role well.

Week 1 of 23 discovery weeks is upon us.:D
Yep..Marchbank O’Brien Kennedy jack Kruezer Williamson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back