AFL Autopsy RND 12: Loss To The Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Only watched the start and the end. We looked ok in patches but were let down by some poor disposal. Some of the team really don't look like they have the decision making skills for top-flight football.
Got absolutely smashed in the middle which is concerning and missed some very gettable goals

You can't blame the umpires, they aren't the ones who change the rule interpretations seemingly every week. I'd bet most of them have NFI what they are meant to be paying and what they are meant to be letting go. All so that AFL HQ can pay themselves more bonuses for implementing ideas that make the game 'better'. Very glad I stopped giving them $$

Proves that all of the people calling for Bryan's selection have NFI.

Accuracy could've been better. At one stage the timekeeper took 2 minutes off the clock in 10 seconds half way through the last quarter, not sure what that was about.

Said before we were due for a loss, especially away. Just happy we made a contest of it.

Just one of those games really. Looked good early then battles manfully and got pretty close despite ourselves. Patchy performances by most. Stellar by Hind again. Not much to learn from this one though. Move on quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew this wouldn't be an easy match, but I wasn't expecting us to **** it all up on our own. Just goddamn disgusting.

No matter what we do the forward line remains a mystery to us.

Every running kick that Rowell or Anderson did from the bounce in that last quarter found it's way onto the chest of one of their players in space. Every kick that we tried in the same circumstance ended up in some rolling maul. Wright looks stationary most of the time and Jones was anonymous. Stringer has had no aerial presence this year. We cannot figure out how to get it to work.

- Fourth quarter was very disappointing. We were in a position to kick ahead and to reflect that at that point of the game, our lousy goal kicking was the only reason we hadn't pulled around, but then we were just lousy as a whole, so.

- Why did I see Jade Gresham in at least two CBAs.

- I didn't think we'd see a worse 50M call today than the one Durham got to kick that goal, but that Laverde one managed it. Technically correct, the pair of them, but just terrible calls

- With his one kick of the ball, Tsatas didn't exactly do anything to create future optimism regarding that skill of his.

Get to June and collapse. Where have I seen this before?
Nah this is about as inconsequential of a loss as it gets.
We kicked horribly inside 50 and didn't convert when we had the opportunity yet still nearly won away vs a side who hasn't lost at home. Haven't lost since round 4 so it's a meh loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy RND 12: Loss To The Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back