AFL Autopsy RND 15: Loss to the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't bring the heat tonight.
Passengers, lots of passengers.
Curse of the bye.
Our fwd 50 set up...wtf is it exactly?

Four in a row, flat loss on the road so hopefully back to full effort next week.

I wouldn't make any long-term list decisions based off an overall bad game such as this but a few should be put on the radar at least.

Unfortunately it seems like we have to write off the week after the bye. Just nowhere near it all night save for 10 minutes at the start of the game.

Genuinely need to just have every single team have one week off, all at the same time. None of this staggered shit. Even playing field

Had the chance to put our foot down and own our position on the ladder and didn't take it. But hey, young and inexperienced. Will happen.

Coaches made dumb decisions regarding Menzie and Kelly coming off a win (Wtf?)

Dumb calls going against us with the no-accountability umps.

Everything that could've went wrong for us went wrong and then some.

Only solace is that we didn't just lay down, kept at it and made it more respectable. Got within 20 with 6 to go. The only silver lining.

Kind of had us losing this game going into our 4 match stretch so not too phased.

Flat as a bush biscuit.

Wasn’t necessarily expecting to win but wanted some energy and intent but got nothing apart from the first 15 minutes.

Let me preface this by saying I like Parish and hope he re-signs because he offers alot around the ground.
The good of Parish at stoppage however, does not necessarily outweigh the bad.
Sure he wins alot of clearances, but he gambles and cheats early. When it doesn't work, opposition can freely use his man out the front every time.
And when he does win it, it is often a high kick to nobodies advantage.
A shame because his first two clearances were sublime. And then he forgot to lower his eyes for the rest of the night.

170217.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna be tough to hold our top 8 spot now. Tough games against Port, Adelaide and Geelong coming up. That was a must-win and we didn't turn up.

Our forward line stinks. Menzie should've played a full game, Kelly should not have.
totally agree and was an extremely weak performance........Freo responds....pffft....against us ....it's always us.......

Idk, Bryan just seems so far off AFL level, he has no presence around the ground what so ever. Regardless of age he can still throw his body at packs or something.... It's a waste having a guy that size if all he does it tap work.
As good as Draps has been he’s been massively missing in games over the past few years, how many 21 yr old rucks are playing?

Gonna be tough to hold our top 8 spot now. Tough games against Port, Adelaide and Geelong coming up. That was a must-win and we didn't turn up.

Eh not really. This is due to others around the mark slated to all play each other. I had us losing tonight and the three others you mentioned and had us in the top 8. Little short-sighted by you, should look over the predictor again.

That's not to say we have to make it, considering we've already surpassed expectations as a developing team (and then some). Anything after that is a bonus.

Parish looks great when Setterfield plays. When Setterfield isn't playing, Parish needs to have the maturity to sacrifice a little bit of his game and actually check his man. Serong and Brayshaw were given no respect all night.
100%. Said the same thing in the gameday thread. Hard to know what the coaches are telling him/whether he's listening, but a number of Freo clearances from his direct player were noticeable.

My frustration with the team for the last few weeks has been our lack of dominance in the centre square. Would need to go back and watch it again, but it felt like Parish cost us a chunk more goals than he got for us in that area.

In fairness to him, he's been out for awhile, so next week will be telling

Was Parish our only midfielder ????
Certainly not. Perkins was quiet. Hobbs tried hard. Caldwell was a bit quiet. Which of those has the experience Parish does?
Do you think Scott sending Merrett forward might have had the dual function of making a point?
I like Parish and he can be important, but when the block of Setterfield isn't there to allow him to play his natural game he needs to have the maturity to adjust.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy RND 15: Loss to the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back