AFL Autopsy Rnd 16: 11 Point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you, Doss. And you're quite right I am frustrated. We all knew what the season had in store for us, it is what it is. But that's also what makes watching our limited opportunities getting sprayed ootf that little bit more painful.
There isn't a replacement for JD and the experience is invaluable for him as it is for all of our youngsters. But is there harm in sending him a message? Will it cost us a win and a potential finals spot? Will it help? Can it hurt to try?
If the attitude of apathy and acceptance toward his kicking is to continue, do we pay a 1 goal per game forward for the next decade because he's a Daniher? Or will he simply be forced out by the next bloke who's capable of 2 snags week in week out? A waste of seemingly abundant talent that was never realised.

Something more needs to be done with his kicking sooner rather than later, whatever has been done so far is not working.

Not sure dropping him to 'send a message' will help with what is probably in part a psychological issue when taking a set shot. It'll just add more anxiety to a process that he's already having difficulty grappling with.

Looking like we'd get close and then not getting the job done frustrated me a bit. Kinda like being at the rippers, never understood the appeal myself.

Afterwards I reminded myself of the circumstances and now I'm at peace with it. Promising signs for the future and it was by and large the young fellas who did it for us. Add 4 AA's to that team + an AFL standard ruck + Zaka + + + you get the drift. The future's bright, the future's the colour of Francis' hair.

Looking like we'd get close and then not getting the job done frustrated me a bit. Kinda like being at the rippers, never understood the appeal myself.

Afterwards I reminded myself of the circumstances and now I'm at peace with it. Promising signs for the future and it was by and large the young fellas who did it for us. Add 4 AA's to that team + an AFL standard ruck + Zaka + + + you get the drift. The future's bright, the future's the colour of Francis' hair.

The cries from opposition fans when Essendon charge up the ladder with the number 1 pick is going to be delicious.

The cries from opposition fans when Essendon charge up the ladder with the number 1 pick is going to be delicious.
Number 2 pick. Brisbane are dross
Temper your expectations though, it won't happen straight away.
Why not? We've essentially got a 9 month off season until it all starts again to whip ourselves into mecha Richmond.

Finally watched the game and all I can say is muhahahaha!

Team reminds me of fine dish before its prepared, quality ingredients all set out just waiting to come together to create a Masterpiece :)

Frustrated we didnt quite get over the line but can easily accept our direction...

Peaves: Not really worth mentioning but it would be nice if our momentum wasn't crushed weeky by team fluro for what ever reason...

Also myself for having a crush on JS and him inturn always giving us a paddlin!

Go Bombers!!!

The club will get a soft draw could easily win the first few games.
Or we could easily take our sweet time getting our rhythm and cohesion back, start slowly and get better as the year goes on.

We just don't know at this point and thus it's better to keep expectations moderate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or we could easily take our sweet time getting our rhythm and cohesion back, start slowly and get better as the year goes on.

We just don't know at this point and thus it's better to keep expectations moderate.
I think it will be fairly straight forward. Then 12 months off to get their bodies cherry ripe...... what a combination.

Do we remember this play?
asdasf.jpg
In the heat of the moment can we really blame Laverde for the bad handball?

I would say, yes bad handball, but:
  • McKenna was running into a hospital handpass situation anyway
  • Langford should not have given it back to Laverde and should of kept the chain going to McKernan
However based on the GIF below, unless Langford 100% knew McKernan was there prior he had no other option (aside from maybe turning and kicking), note McKernan casually ambling along instead of working hard to be next in line and we will never know if he was calling Langford for the receive or just ball watching.

giphy.gif

Players with goal kicking inefficiencies in younger days that turned out alright;

- Nick Riewoldt
- Tom Hawkins
- Travis Cloke

With time on his side and a tweak to the mental side of his game, he could become an adequate shot for goal.
Tredrea was shocking early as well I reckon.

Key forward.
1.6 goals per game.
62% disposal efficiency.
Notable player with more total goals in 2016 - J. Watts
Notable player with higher average goals per game in 2016 - M. Pavlich
The proof is in the pudding and so shall it remain, I suspect.
Obviously I'm hoping to be horribly wrong on JD. At this stage the automatic selection, untouchable status, total resistance to any critical evaluation and universal love is completely unjustified.
Credit where it's due, he took a speccy yesterday. But what of the critical resulting shot on goal? Let's save the bulk necking of his length for when he's banging home clutch shots on goal as he is paid to do.
Dude you forgot to add to 2 goals he gave off yesterday, plus that amazing bit of play where he single handedly checksided to Brown who missed a sitter..Knocked Savage out of the game with a brutal contest...His effort was enormous, your attempt at backstabbing him is futile...Try supporting your team mate..He's a Daniher FFS...get around him..

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy Rnd 16: 11 Point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back