Preview Rnd 19 - Carlton v North Melb @Etihad Friday 29th July 7:40PM Team Post #241

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Rnd 19 - Carlton v North Melb @Etihad Friday 29th July 7:40PM

I agree i think Brock has payed his dues in the ressies with a string of BOG performances, and should be rewarded with a call up.

If the rationale of Curnow over Brock was form, then Brock has to come in. His stats and influence on the game when he was dropped were far greater than Curnow delivered in the last two weeks. Also has done well in VFL consistently, deserves reward.

(Please note my comment is about FORM, not on any of the other issues that people have with McLean that can hijack a thread and take it to the moon and back. Lets not go there again people.)

I agree i think Brock has payed his dues in the ressies with a string of BOG performances, and should be rewarded with a call up.

I hope Mclean comes in a plays a blinder.

The good thing is whether he plays well or not the entertainment will continue for a few days with one group of knobs saying I told you so and the other group saying don't get carried away it is only one game.

I hope Mclean comes in a plays a blinder.

The good thing is whether he plays well or not the entertainment will continue for a few days with one group of knobs saying I told you so and the other group saying don't get carried away it is only one game.

I think he should definitely come in. An in form brock could be very important in the hard slog of finals. I still think he needs a good run of games to test his worth. Has barely played, and until he does, any judgement is largely unfounded.

It's a shame Joe Dare's on the rookie list. Would love to see him have a run after last week.

That bloke's going to be a star.

Hamish McIntosh and Lindsay Thomas ruled out for tomorrow night's clash against Carlton

NORTH Melbourne coach Brad Scott has ruled out recalling ruckman Hamish McIntosh and forward Lindsay Thomas for tomorrow night's crunch clash against Carton.

''In terms of our ins and outs, Lindsay Thomas definitely won't play and Hamish McIntosh definitely won't play,'' Scott said after training this morning.

Hamish McIntosh and Lindsay Thomas ruled out for tomorrow night's clash against Carlton

Article in the HUN says North have ruled out bringing in HMac and Lindsay Thomas.

Not sure what their forward line pressure is like but we should have a good day of attacking from the half back line. Just need to stop those marks inside 50!

Robbie and Kreuze have a big day ahead of them against a rampaging Goldstein:

wcw-wwf-wwe-best-of-goldberg-compilation-414cb.jpg

Great preview and discussion guys, top notch:thumbsu:

Quite simply, I think this game will be won in the middle. While the likes of Zeibell, Bastinac, Swallow, Greenwood, Wells, Adams and Harvey have performed well recently, the Carlton midfield is a different kettle of fish.

As many have mentioned on here, Petrie is cause for concern for the Blues but if your midfield gets on top, then this concern will be allayed. Your diverse forward line is going to cause up problems with its speed and flexibility and if we cannot stem the quality of forward entries then it could be a long night for our boys.

Should be a ripper game and please excuse us North supporters if we get over excited about playing on prime time but we have been starved of this opportunity so the now "annual" Carlton game is one we really look forward to. I hope there is 50,000 there tomorrow night.

Cheers:thumbsu:

My worries for this match

Forward Line:

Betts/Garlett vs. Firrito/Rawlings.
Pederson not having a match up and drifting forward/all over the ground.

Midfield:
Good depth of quality mids with Ziebell and Harvey being named in the forward line usually.
Wells/Swallow/Harvey need to be kept quiet but Ziebell/Bastinac can also be game breakers.

Forward Line:

Hansen/Edwards/Petrie/Pederson/Goldstein can all mark *sigh*

It's a shame Joe Dare's on the rookie list. Would love to see him have a run after last week.

That bloke's going to be a star.

A star you say?

He looks alright and he came from no where in his draft year to be a prospective 2nd/3rd round selection. He then slid to the rookie draft and has been serviceable in most games and had a few stand out games.

He's a little slow for mine, but he has some tools to work with.

I'd like to know more as you are obviously an avid Bullants watcher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My worries for this match

Forward Line:

Betts/Garlett vs. Firrito/Rawlings.
Pederson not having a match up and drifting forward/all over the ground.

Midfield:
Good depth of quality mids with Ziebell and Harvey being named in the forward line usually.
Wells/Swallow/Harvey need to be kept quiet but Ziebell/Bastinac can also be game breakers.

Forward Line:

Hansen/Edwards/Petrie/Pederson/Goldstein can all mark *sigh*
if we are serious contenders thers no need for worries if we cant beat them convincingly then were just making up the numbers.how did cwood handle them?theres your answer

:thumbsu:

If fit, I hope so and if it goes pear-shaped with another injury, then so be it.

If there was any consideration for McLean to be worked into the team this year, it just about has to be now.
You just get the feeling that if we don't see Brock this year, we may not see him the next.

The fact is that Curnow is keeping him out of the side because he gives us more away from a contest. He conforms more to the press and zoning which has been vital in our helping of the back line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Rnd 19 - Carlton v North Melb @Etihad Friday 29th July 7:40PM Team Post #241

Remove this Banner Ad

Back