Autopsy Rnd 19, Hawthorn vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree was holdign the ball but so was the crap decsison for the Burgoyne throw late third qtr

umpiring was poor both sides

Respect to how Geelong held on, and won it. But there was a decision the Umpire had to make in the last minute, and everyone on the ground and in the stands saw it. The only explanation I can offer is that he was watching something else. I know we all get these "but in the end we lost, don't blame umps" thoughts, but that decision was inexcusable. Geelong deserved it, but no more than us.

I'm shattered. Gutted doesn't say enough. BUT we have a serious plan B without Buddy. The best player in the AFL was missing for us tonight and I am proud of the lads. We simply were WAY too slow out of the blocks. Our intensity was really off in the first quarter.

Add Franklin and we have serious options now that we can change DURING a match, with great confidence. Hodge will need a few more games to get match fit too. If we have to play Adelaide or Sydney away in the first final I still think we have it in us to win. I'm confident of this. It was a wake up call.

I'm still seriously gutted though.

We are a serious contender and we'll learn from the pain of this game. We will go into the finals with fire in the belly.

Take heart guys, bad sides dont come from 51 points down to be 6 points up late in the last, as Lethal just said it was a really bad last minute you guys played :(
Congrats (SOOO hard to say), but you guys deserved to win considering the first quarter.

Even then our team will need to look at the last minute brain fades that stopped us getting over the line. I don't in any way blame Pops but you have to be aware of the time to go and the game situation:mad:

Lets hope we don't play them again this year......I will be rooting for whoever plays Geelong for the remainder of the year. I knew they werent finished, all the old farts still doing to rounds like friggin stokes and scarlo and chapman,

I hope we play them again in the finals. Redemption time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get a grip everyone
Firstly, we lost coz we gave up 9 goals in the first 1/4 , no other reason
Gameplan not up to it, bullshit
What's not up to it is a first 1/4 like that, ****ing awful
Fellow Hawk fans, stop the whining
Stop the excuses
We can't let sides away like that and expect to win
Take heart from the fightback but be furious about the start

As per usual i see the geelong supporters are humble in victory, although what can you expect from inbred morons with IQ's lower than there shoe sizes.

Im just to f***ed off and shattered to even think logically about what has just happened, Rioli had that maggot cold holding the footy, Poppy cant be allowed near the forward line in close games, he doesnt have composure for it and finally I would like to give a big massive shout out for the sh**test TV channel that has graced this earth, there camera angles tonight hit a new low (if thats even possible), im hoping I will have my shit together come tomorrow to actually talk about the game

DO NOT BLAME UMPIRES !!!
BLAME OUR LACK OF WANT FROM THE 1ST BOUNCE AND HAVING TO PLAY CATCH UP FOOTBALL ALL NIGHT.
WE CHOKE IN PRESSURE GAMES AGAINST QUALITY OPPOSITION.
WE NOW CANNOT, I REPEAT, CANNOT WIN THE FLAG.
A CERTAIN LOSS TO THE SWANS IN SYDNEY WILL HAVE US FINISHING MAYBE 4TH IF WE ARE LUCKY, POSSIBLY 5TH AND 1 OR 2 INTERSTATE FINALS.
IMPOSSIBLE ROAD TO GLORY, PRE-SEASON STARTS V'S PORT.
DON'T ANYBODY DARE SAY WE WERE BRAVE ETC ETC .. WE CHOKED FULLSTOP.
WE CANNOT BEAT THIS MOB. THE HOODOO IS REAL.
NO POINT BEATING CRAP TEAMS IF YOU CAN'T BEAT QUALITY WHEN IT COUNTS.
NO EXCUSES. WE WERE FIELDING OUR STRONGEST TEAM BARR BUDDY WHO WOULD NOT HAVE MADE THE DIFFERENCE. WE WERE MONSTERED BY BIGGER, HARDER MEN WHO WANTED IT MORE.

DO NOT BLAME UMPIRES !!!
BLAME OUR LACK OF WANT FROM THE 1ST BOUNCE AND HAVING TO PLAY CATCH UP FOOTBALL ALL NIGHT.
A CERTAIN LOSS TO THE SWANS IN SYDNEY WILL HAVE US FINISHING MAYBE 4TH IF WE ARE LUCKY, POSSIBLY 5TH AND 1 OR 2 INTERSTATE FINALS.
NO EXCUSES. WE WERE FIELDING OUR STRONGEST TEAM BARR BUDDY WHO WOULD NOT HAVE MADE THE DIFFERENCE. WE WERE MONSTERED BY BIGGER, HARDER MEN WHO WANTED IT MORE.

I just cant believe it. I never been more pissed off after a game.

We will simply not beat Geelong while Chapman, Bartel, Scarlett are playing for them. It simply wont happen.

We just have to pray we wont meet them in the finals, because we wont beat them.

I agree

DO NOT BLAME UMPIRES !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rnd 19, Hawthorn vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back