AFL Autopsy RND 22: Loss

Remove this Banner Ad

that says it all. Yo could argue Sam Collins is under rated, King is under rated but perhaps having a break out season. Witts is criminally under rated and having a best season but Ben * Long??? seriously. bloke is a spud even at VFL level
That’s not true.
He is a more effective small forward than anyone we have.

Wont be watching next week if Laverde is picked.

Imagine the message you send to the players by selecting someone who week in, week out gets absolutely ****ing destroyed by his opponent. Pathetic club.

It’s a genuine culture issue Scott is creating by stating form means nothing. Form in the twos will not be rewarded and there is no consequence to a lack for form in the firsts. Players like Cox, Kelly, Menzie, Perkins, Heppell, Wright have all stolen valuable development games from deserving, in form players in the twos.

He’s not the coach.

Come on guys.
Our list has major flaws.
We have found some players this year.
Caldwell, Durham, caddy, Bryan, duursma and Roberts all look like they will be better than solid players for us over the next 6 years.
The following players are not good enough and never will be-
Cox, laverde, Davey, menzies
The following players are overrated and I have doubts-
Langford, McGrath, Hobbs, Kelly, parish, shiel, Gresham

Jake stringer needed to kick one of his goals.
Sam Draper needs to relinquish his white trash roots and obtain some humility.
You cannot blow kisses and shoot guns and then miss easy shots against Adelaide and tonight which cost us games.
Harrison jones is not a winger.
Zac merrett is a good player he missed an easier shot than Errol gulden kicked a goal with last night.
He is not a champion but he is the best leader we have.

I think there is pressure on Brad Scott.
He has made some tough calls on Heppell, wright and Goldstein.
He now needs to make some tough calls on laverde, Kelly and Menzies.

I was at the 2017 draft combine sitting with a list manager when the Richmond recruiting team walked in.
He said to me this time last year those blokes were lower than shark shit.
A few champions, a team full of competitors,momentum and a lot of luck.
It is what you need.
We currently do not have any champions.
I would mortgage the future to get Harley Reid.
It would mean giving up Nick Martin, two first round draft picks and possibly more but we need to flip the script.
I’m not anti-Scott, but dropping Hep, Wright and Goldy aren’t tough calls. And Laverde, Kelly and Menzie aren’t tough calls going forward.

And if they are, then I am anti-Scott.

I genuinely wonder what the direction is from here.

The obvious answer is blow it all up but we’ve been handing out monster deals to the likes of Parish, McGrath, McKay and Gresham as well as retaining duds like Menzie so that doesn’t seem likely. I don’t see how we escape this cycle of mediocrity anytime soon.

I feel for Zach Merrett.
Zach missed an easy snap which would have won us the game.
Win together, lose together

that says it all. Yo could argue Sam Collins is under rated, King is under rated but perhaps having a break out season. Witts is criminally under rated and having a best season but Ben * Long??? seriously. bloke is a spud even at VFL level
Well, that 'spud' has kicked our arse twice this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s have a look at some of the senior guys tonight and consider whether we can trust them to deliver under pressure.

I’ve considered the ones who are 25+ and should be the leaders of the club going forward.

Would trust in a final: Merrett
Wouldn’t trust in a final: Parish, McGrath, Stringer, Langford, Redman, McKay, Draper, Laverde, Gresham, Shiel, Kelly

Perhaps I’m being harsh but genuinely the one I even briefly considered joining Merrett was Shiel, and he apparently has one foot out the door.

Cox is a football waste of space.
Simply will not compete.
He is done with two years left on his contract.
He has no afl position and no genuine physical presence.
I thought he was showing signs forward of the ball but then through necessity has been shipped off down back.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy RND 22: Loss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back