AFL Toast Rnd 22: We gave Freo the ole Heave ho

Remove this Banner Ad

Effort.

Even with Zacka out early we ran harder for chase downs and pressure balls. A little flakey at the start of the game but pushed through to show how much even perceived pressure is important. A few names in helps but can't fault the effort.

P.S. Give Walters an Oscar.

Whimmy wham wham wozzle

They are the best wins when you think you're going to get beaten.

That has happened quite a few times now, we get beaten to death by our own effort, the media and the fanbase lose their shit and we come out blasting...

It's bloody hard being a Bombers supporter sometimes and then out they come and reel back in the love with some amazing performance like that when the sky was falling.

Well done boys! 😊

Really liked BZT...

Will need for watch game to get an impression. But from the cheap seats looked like:
Clarke split ruck and competed well enough.
BZT had a crack.
Parish good.
Redman solid.
Stringer solid.
Hurley solid.
Saad solid.
Franga solid.
Langford with some good second and third effort footy. Solid.

Go Dons.

Don't keep writing Clarke off, does more than supporters realize.
Good win, great effort all round, glad I let Woosh keep his job til the end of the year.
Only complaint is get rid of the gay hair rinses.
PS. Where are all the Brown knockers now.
Stringer and Francis are absolute guns, now we're there bring it on.

Home late. Saw none of the game.

How bad did Zaka’s ankle look? How did Hep and Raz move? Who did Zerk match up on and how was his one-on-one play?
Hard to tell since Zaka is a pussy.
You could tell Heppell was pushing himself to his absolute limit for the team but he’s clearly not even 60%.
Raz found the ball a bit easier coming up the ground than in recent weeks but still quiet and his skills were a bit off early
I mostly noticed Zerk as a lead up mark kicking out of d-50 - it was hard to tell who he was on since Freo were absolutely shocking entering f50, I think he was at full back most of the time but it rarely got there. He got caught out once or twice when Hurley got pushed forward, was a bit quieter in the second half but signs were good and he’s good a really good kick + tackling was good.

I don’t have the best footy brain so all of this may be wrong, tbh.

Was out with another engagement so couldn't watch the game which I was ok with.

Happy to say that I never doubted we'd lose this one.

Looking forward to the replay tomorrow

I must say John Worsfold knows how to scramble a win when needed. Team effort I know but the pressure was on him big time. Very interested on how we go next week against the Pies

Will need for watch game to get an impression. But from the cheap seats looked like:
Clarke split ruck and competed well enough.
BZT had a crack.
Parish good.
Redman solid.
Stringer solid.
Hurley solid.
Saad solid.
Franga solid.
Langford with some good second and third effort footy. Solid.

Go Dons.

And Merrett was great(again)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally missed the game tonight. Thought we were playing tomorrow .. lol.

Ambrose showed tonight that he has a great tank and can tag as good as Clarke if not better.
Great coaching by Woosha !!

Did my boy do a tagging job? Kakkle has been calling for this for ages.

Congrats on the win you lot. Not using injuries as an excuse. You belted us convincingly on our turf.

One last thing.... I am Glad Zac Clarke played tonight.

He is well liked at our club. We did let him go at the end of 2017 due to multiple knee and leg injuries. Him and Neale are my 2 favourite ex dockers players that I want to see do well.

Obviously I love seeing us win, but we were smashed everywhere but the scoreboard last night against a pathetic Fremantle outfit. I think Dogs win today, but if GWS can get something going, win and lock our 6th and 7th in respectively, I'd want to rest any player with any form of niggle next week. Head up to spotless with our only chance of winning a final.

McKenna and Saad work much better when both playing, dosnt leave us as exposed if one goes on a run and gun type mission.

Mids scoring goals is a big positive.

Zachy Merrett I think was crook last night. Looked out of breath and flat footed at a lot of stoppages.

Shame zaka won't get a farewell game but would be a shoe in for a media roll so good luck David!

Walter's ability to princess flop, and Margetts willingness to come in with a rescuing free kick are a dangerous combination. Cya WA flogs!

Great effort from the Bombers to turn around the shambles of last week. BRING ON FINALS!!!

Will add the importance of Hurley down back (makes that trade talk look very silly)

Posted that Lloyd’a reputation was tarnished by his flopping, Michael Walters is heading down a very similar dangerous path cause he can genuinely play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't keep writing Clarke off, does more than supporters realize.
Good win, great effort all round, glad I let Woosh keep his job til the end of the year.
Only complaint is get rid of the gay hair rinses.
PS. Where are all the Brown knockers now.
Stringer and Francis are absolute guns, now we're there bring it on.
Clarke around the ground is surprising good however 57-16 isn't the ruck stats to win us a final plus that kick for goal hurt my head. He's better than a plank of wood but Tbell for the finals thanks

Great win. I was one of the ones that was writing us off but happy that I was proven wrong. Go Dons!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast Rnd 22: We gave Freo the ole Heave ho

Remove this Banner Ad

Back