Rnd 3 Vs Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Was reported in a Kruezer debuting thread. Pretty sure he came off late with a groin injury on Sunday and dislocated his finger as well.
Yeah, just saw that. Thanks.

Dempsey has been giving a lot of run off HBF as well. Will slow you guys down a little.

This is how i would like us to line-up think week

FF: Cameron Cloke - Brendan Fevola - Eddie Betts
HF: Brad Fisher - Jarrad Waite - Bryce Gibbs
C: Kade Simpson - Marc Murphy - Heath Scotland
HB: Darren Pffiefer - Bret Thornton - Paul Bower
FB: Dennis Armfield - Michael Jamison - Setanta O'aHailpan
R: Shaun Hampson - Chris Judd - Nick Stevens
Int: Ryan Houlihan - Andrew Carrazzo - Matthew Kreuzer - Richard Hadley/Ryan Jackson

If Lucas was playing, keep Waite in the backline but seeing he isn't, he is more effective in the forward line. Also I'd like to see how Gibbsy goes playing forward for a bit of the game. Has good height, is a difficult match-up and could provide an extra goal or two because of his smarts.

If Lovett Murray misses that is a HUGE boost for you guys. Has been playing very well up forward in the pre-season and first 2 rounds. Will mean 1 of Lee, Johns, Pears or Neagle will probably play.

Please be Johns.

Must have Adam Bentick in.. Loves playin against essendon, killed them last year in rd 20 with 31 disposals 8 tackles 5 marks and 2 frees for! A must 4 the clearances.

these are my matchups:

untitled-6.jpg

This is how i would like us to line-up think week

FF: Cameron Cloke - Brendan Fevola - Eddie Betts
HF: Brad Fisher - Jarrad Waite - Bryce Gibbs
C: Kade Simpson - Marc Murphy - Heath Scotland
HB: Darren Pffiefer - BreThornton - Paul Bower
FB: Dennis Armfield - Michael Jamison - Setanta O'aHailpant
R: Shaun Hampson - Chris Judd - Nick Stevens
Int: Ryan Houlihan - Andrew Carrazzo - Matthew Kreuzer - Richard Hadley/Ryan Jackson

If Lucas was playing, keep Waite in the backline but seeing he isn't, he is more effective in the forward line. Also I'd like to see how Gibbsy goes playing forward for a bit of the game. Has good height, is a difficult match-up and could provide an extra goal or two because of his smarts.

I know without Lucas Essendon's forward line is suspect but that is a very inexperienced full back line, i would stick with Thornton down there for composure, bring Scotland back to HBF.

SOOOO pumpt for this game. its my first time to melbourne and the mighty G... the boys will lift i can feel it . Juddy will sense the occasion and put in heavily , after all , these are the types of games he move back home for. And after seeing him scold stevo the other night for giving away 50 ,it left me feeling stoked we made him captain.the boss. HE's READY , fit or not, he'll hav a blinder.... go blues.

we go on all day about Hoops, at least he hits targets, his skill level would be in the top 5 in the club, i'd rather see Hoops have 20 effective possesions, than Carrazzo have 30 ineffective. Hoops might not be the hardest player but he brings his teamates into the game with his precision, unfortunately not many of his fellow Blues can do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Team V Essendon

B: Bower Jamison Thornton
HB: Jackson Waite Scotland
C: Simpson Judd Carrazzo
HF: Houlihan Cloke Gibbs
F: Fisher Fevola Betts
OB: Kruzer Stevens Murphy
IC: Pfeifer Hampson Bentick Russell
Em: Wiggins Edwards S. O'hAlpin

Notes:
Jackson - really classy player just isn't getting a lot of the ball yet, play him on the HBF on a decent Essendon player and let his opponent take him to the ball, his skills, class and run would be handy on half back.

Jamison - future full back, looks physically better this year, should take Lloyd, besides Lloyd is their main target and he should be double teamed to help Jamo out.

O'hAlpin out - Didn't do a lot wrong but should make way for future superstar Kruzer, needs to become a stronger spoiler and needs to make body on body contact when spoiling, be less opponent conscious when the ball is in the air and to stop running under the ball so much, just needs to focus on the footy and less on the opponent when its in the air more, he'll be back.

Fisher - broken thumb, worst injury for a marking forward, may take a long time to get those strong hands back to their best.

Houlihan - Leagues weakest tackler (Example: I counted 5 slipped tackles in the 3rd quarter V Richmond), rule No. 1, if you can't tackle you can't play in the backline, definite forward should have stints where he pushes up the ground from the flanks, need him kicking into our forward line with his great foot skills.

Bentick - Lacks pace, should push forward to make his opponent accountable to resolve this (like what Cameron Ling does for Geelong), has everything else such as size, strength, hardness at the ball and great tackling, should be given a go as our clearances drop off too much when our second string onballers enter the center square.

Cloke - good hands, big strong body, hard worker, should be playing CHF (same role as his brother at Collingwood plays) to at least take pressure of fev & Fish, he looks really fit and would give a great contest, take a big opponent and probably kick a few, needs to be given a good go there, should help open up the forward line.

Fevola - simply out of form.

Russell - looks as if he has trained hard, has everything but footy smarts, remembering that is what Kouta lacked early in his career, hopefully he'll keep learning and get better.

Wait - genuine star, genuine top CHB, it'd be great to have 2 but the same was always said about SOS.

Thornton - finally getting to play the role he is best at, HBF/B. Pocket running of lesser players and being an attacking defender.

Scotland - could have runs as a forward flanker playing up the ground, is pretty important as an attacking defender.

Judd - be patient

Simpson - kicking at goal has let him down but he's going pretty well, will get better as the inside players improve.

Stevens - Lacking fitness, needs to work hard on that and needs to be worked hard during games, must get fitter.

Hampson - the future member of our rucking duo with kruzer, still early in development.

Pfeifer - looks like he can really run and kick, something the Blues need, deserves stints on the wing and forward flanks, been unlucky with injuries in his career, could be a good pick up.

Carrazzo - maby should play as a tagger (eg on Watson) if he isn't really in the game, seems to play well in this role

Edwards - unlucky if he is droped, probably deserves to stay in but it's all about team balance.

Bower - heeps of skill, hits targets, takes them on, doesn't seem to get beaten, maby ready for a big job to see what he can do?

Hadley - needs to earn his spot and find form in the reserves, doesn't seem ready.

Betts - Give him a run up the ground at the last 5 or 10 minutes of quarters, but might lack endurance to be there too long, but it'll get him into the games when he's gone cold and could bolster up lack of pace, intensity and ball winners in the midfield.

Things it would be good to see:

Houlihan to hold a few tackles and go forward and get plenty of goal assists and goals himself.

Bentick to play in the centre and go forward, kick some goals and make his opponent be accountable and really dictate terms like Lingy does.

Cloke to bust a few packs up forward and stretch Essendon's defence.

Carlton being less Fevola conscious and maby even use him as a decoy when they double team him, lets hope they use cloke and fisher etc. to.

Essendon being Lloyd conscious when going forward.

Getting plenty out of second string midfielders.

A more open forwardline.

will fev step up this week?

yeh his been outta form, is the offield getting 2 him??

not only do carlton need him 2 kill fletcher but my Supercoach needs him!

Guys a heads up, Simpson and Houlihan have had injury clouds over their heads this week and wont be 100% fit. Gamble to play them both i think and one of them may be a late withdrawal. Emphasis on the RED word guys.

Guys a heads up, Simpson and Houlihan have had injury clouds over their heads this week and wont be 100% fit. Gamble to play them both i think and one of them may be a late withdrawal. Emphasis on the RED word guys.

what does Hoops have?

Is Bentick playing? Everyone here has him in, but the Age has him out.

I think we will win the game in four main areas:

1. Ruck: Hille and Laycock, rate them or not, are a seasoned pair, who tore McIntosh and Hale a new one. That's the same McIntosh who was one of the best ruckmen in the comp last year. Compare that to the incredibly inexperienced Cloke, Hampson and Kreuzer, and I think that is a position we can dominate. If we're getting first possession on 70%+ of the clearances, then we will almost certainly win the game
  2. Half Back: We have too much pace on the rebound. The likes of Winderlich, Houli (if he plays), Jetta, Lovett and Davey provide so much dash, and I really can't see you countering that. With a lot of run off half back and into the forward line, Lloyd and Hille/Laycock will be taking a lot of marks, and will convert a lot of goals. Your backmen will have to be on the very best of their game.
  3. Key Forwards: Lloyd is arguably the best full forward in the competition (with his main competition at the other end), and in Laycock and Hille, we have two massive bodies who can take a good mark and convert well. Your key defenders, Thornton aside, are incredibly yound, inexperienced and weak-bodied. Even if Lloyd is double teamed and kept quiet, Laycock/Hille will have too much strength for the likes of Jamieson etc.
  4. Key Defence: Paddy Ryder will take Fevola. Fev is much more experienced, but Ryder is more athletic, has a better leap and is quicker. So hopefully he will towel him up, but in reality, Fev will probably kick 4. Besides that, there isn't much. Michael will take the second tall, most likely Fisher, and Fletcher will either take Waite (who I think will play forward) or play free, and will be the third man up at every contest.
I think that in those positions, there is enough quality for the dons.

Essendon by 48.

I'd wish you good luck, but you're Carlton and I wouldn't mean it.

Is Bentick playing? Everyone here has him in, but the Age has him out.

I think we will win the game in four main areas:

1. Ruck: Hille and Laycock, rate them or not, are a seasoned pair, who tore McIntosh and Hale a new one. That's the same McIntosh who was one of the best ruckmen in the comp last year. Compare that to the incredibly inexperienced Cloke, Hampson and Kreuzer, and I think that is a position we can dominate. If we're getting first possession on 70%+ of the clearances, then we will almost certainly win the game
  2. Half Back: We have too much pace on the rebound. The likes of Winderlich, Houli (if he plays), Jetta, Lovett and Davey provide so much dash, and I really can't see you countering that. With a lot of run off half back and into the forward line, Lloyd and Hille/Laycock will be taking a lot of marks, and will convert a lot of goals. Your backmen will have to be on the very best of their game.
  3. Key Forwards: Lloyd is arguably the best full forward in the competition (with his main competition at the other end), and in Laycock and Hille, we have two massive bodies who can take a good mark and convert well. Your key defenders, Thornton aside, are incredibly yound, inexperienced and weak-bodied. Even if Lloyd is double teamed and kept quiet, Laycock/Hille will have too much strength for the likes of Jamieson etc.
  4. Key Defence: Paddy Ryder will take Fevola. Fev is much more experienced, but Ryder is more athletic, has a better leap and is quicker. So hopefully he will towel him up, but in reality, Fev will probably kick 4. Besides that, there isn't much. Michael will take the second tall, most likely Fisher, and Fletcher will either take Waite (who I think will play forward) or play free, and will be the third man up at every contest.
I think that in those positions, there is enough quality for the dons.

Essendon by 48.

I'd wish you good luck, but you're Carlton and I wouldn't mean it.

can you explain to us why you are our bunny then... :rolleyes:

can you explain to us why you are our bunny then... :rolleyes:

Different game plan under Sheedy.

Also less dead wood on your list.

And if you're so confident, post your reasons of why you're better than us. Come on. I dare you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rnd 3 Vs Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back