Autopsy Rnd 8 Blues get the 4 points but .... yuck

Who were your 5 best players in Round 8 vs North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

2 teams played poorly and made a heap of mistakes.

Of those 56, probably 50 would have been clear cut. The other whole 6 may be debateable. Both teams were very sloppy, pretty dumb and a bit undisciplined.

Maybe, but it doesn’t help. That’s 56 times the game stops and teams get a chance to reload and set up therefore, making it harder for teams to get a free flowing game going.
Chicken and egg.
I don’t necessarily think we got a raw deal today, I just hate it when the game is constantly interrupted

We all said last week that we can’t play to the dogs game level every week.Today we played as bad as we could and still won.Good teams win ‘ugly’ something we have not been able to do.This year we have grown from week to week.Our game plan when on is one of the most exciting in the league.Teams know it.Teams have also worked out how to stop Crippa and Doc.Its now up to our coaching staff to work out how to fix this.

We have the makings of very exciting future.

Make the 8 would be phenomenal.

Charlie & Kemp in next year,who knows what we’re capable of.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Again, I disagree. I find it amusing how many people feel required to jump up and down when you don’t mention Plowman in a positive light. I simply stated I feel nervous with him in one on ones. He regularly gets out bodied and has no intensity at the contest. I don’t think the rest of our back six suffer from that. If people are happy with his output good for you.
All in all happy to get away with a win in a scrappy game. Hopefully we put the hawks to the sword next week.
Yeah nah. Can cop that most weeks but not today. Don't think he lost a contest.

Again, I disagree. I find it amusing how many people feel required to jump up and down when you don’t mention Plowman in a positive light. I simply stated I feel nervous with him in one on ones. He regularly gets out bodied and has no intensity at the contest. I don’t think the rest of our back six suffer from that. If people are happy with his output good for you.
All in all happy to get away with a win in a scrappy game. Hopefully we put the hawks to the sword next week.
Are you his ex or something? You don't like him, we get it. If everyone is disagreeing with you it isn't a personal vendetta, it's often because we don't agree. How do you think he played today?

TDK showed significantly more in his first game two years ago than Callum Moore ever will. There is a resson he was cut from Richmond

TDK has been working into fitness after a spell out from a knee injury. He kicked two this week. The Callum Moore experiment is over 😥

We get it you don’t like Moore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His first game for Carlton not his first AFL game you realise this dont you, delisted free agent. Played 8 games for Richmond over 4 years and is 24. Just saying.
This! Credit to Moore for getting a game, he must be doing something right. I hope he proves me wrong, but I am yet to see anything that makes me think he will impact a game at AFL level. Atleast when Philp came in he got in positions to impact even though the outcomes were not great. If he gets another crack I hope he has a moment, just one. Good luck to him.

Last edited:
Teague has shown he won't reward poor performances. All about culture. I mean when names like Moore/Cottrell/Polson/Honey are on our emergency list ahead of Fisher/LOB/Stocker etc he clearly gives no fu**s about reputation or 'potential'. You have to earn it.

For example let's say Harry, Gov & JSOS are unavailable again next week...if TDK hasn't been in good form I think there's zero chance Teague would bring him in. Not interested. He'd rather give Moore another go (he did compete at least) or shuffle the team around like sending Kennedy forward and bringing in Philp/Fisher.
Pretty sure TDK kicked 2 in this weeks scratch match and played pretty well.

We all said last week that we can’t play to the dogs game level every week.Today we played as bad as we could and still won.Good teams win ‘ugly’ something we have not been able to do.This year we have grown from week to week.Our game plan when on is one of the most exciting in the league.Teams know it.Teams have also worked out how to stop Crippa and Doc.Its now up to our coaching staff to work out how to fix this.

We have the makings of very exciting future.

Make the 8 would be phenomenal.

Charlie back next year,who knows what we’re capable of.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, our future is looking bright, and our now is looking ok.

We have heaps of improvement left, personel wise. The makeup of todays team is taking us nowhere, but we are a class team in the making. 4-4 is a good base with what we've put on the park so far.

A couple of weeks ago, I said that if Moore gets a game in this team we are going nowhere fast. I stand by comment. I’m sure he works hard and he probably trains hard but he simply is not up to it. I know a
Lot of our tall forwards were poor, but he is only back up when no one else is available. How silvagni is not in this team is a complete joke! Even if Curnow, gov and Harry are unavailable, Moore still shouldn’t play. Rather see TDK.
Jack has a knee issue.

I couldn't watch the last quarter didn't think we'd win. We have some really dumb footballers on our team.

I'm nearly done with SPS, his development is going backwards. The trade table beckons.

What happened to Martin, our forward leaders needed to tell him to get out of the forwards way and crumb. Selfish player today.

Cripps looks cooked already and players look like their running out of gas, I fear for us on Friday against the Hawks system they will chew us up if we play like we did today.

Are you his ex or something? You don't like him, we get it. If everyone is disagreeing with you it isn't a personal vendetta, it's often because we don't agree. How do you think he played today?

I have nothing against him as a person, don’t know the bloke. Just don’t understand why people froff him when he literally kept a bloke to his season average. Last week Gray had his best game of the year against the people’s champ. I think he was ok today but made some fundemental errors and based on his position lead to shots on goal.

Maybe, but it doesn’t help. That’s 56 times the game stops and teams get a chance to reload and set up therefore, making it harder for teams to get a free flowing game going.
Chicken and egg.
I don’t necessarily think we got a raw deal today, I just hate it when the game is constantly interrupted

Umps and free kicks don't make ugly and non free flowing games. Coaches and 18 man defences do that.

in 1970 they used to average 80 frees a game yet it was totally free flowing and 5 different blokes kicked a ton.

As strange as it is to say after an underwhelming game, but I think this match finally confirms for me that Carlton is actually a good side again, even more than the last two weeks. Commentators say that good teams find a way to win even when they're playing poorly, and boy were some playing poorly today! But going into a match-up like this as favourites, we definitely would have lost this in the last 8 years. Especially given that:
  • Haven't beaten North since 2014
  • Haven't won at the Gabba since 2013
  • Our best performing key forward in McKay was a late withdrawal with no quality replacement
  • McGovern out injured for a half
  • Cripps managed in the last quarter after getting kicked in that marking contest
  • Shockingly 1-sided umpiring, especially in the last half (With the exception of the 100 metre penalty which was just as awful but in our favour)
  • Wet conditions

The bad Carlton teams of the last decade were, on rare occasion, able to challenge top sides sometimes and beat up on weaker unprepared teams. But none of them would have won today, which is why this "disappointing win" is for me the best proof so far that we're a quality team again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rnd 8 Blues get the 4 points but .... yuck

Back