Autopsy Rnd 8 Blues get the 4 points but .... yuck

Who were your 5 best players in Round 8 vs North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I couldn't watch the last quarter didn't think we'd win. We have some really dumb footballers on our team.

I'm nearly done with SPS, his development is going backwards. The trade table beckons.

What happened to Martin, our forward leaders needed to tell him to get out of the forwards way and crumb. Selfish player today.

Cripps looks cooked already and players look like their running out of gas, I fear for us on Friday against the Hawks system they will chew us up if we play like we did today.

JollyEducatedLark-size_restricted.gif

Jack has a knee issue.
Yep, thanks Big breakfast, prince Charles kindly pointed that out to me earlier. I clearly need to be very accurate when posting. A rookie mistake! I was just tying to highlight that I would like to see some others come in to the team who have also earned an opportunity, ie Honey, Cottrell, Fisher and Dow to name a few. I know we were short a big man, but sometimes you might be better off bringing in another runner, which can provide something rather than just bringing in someone who is tall for a tall. Our Game plan also needs to have flexibility along with our players/positions. No doubt, Moore will get another opportunity with McGovern going down, hope he can provide something second time around.

I couldn't watch the last quarter didn't think we'd win. We have some really dumb footballers on our team.

I'm nearly done with SPS, his development is going backwards. The trade table beckons.

What happened to Martin, our forward leaders needed to tell him to get out of the forwards way and crumb. Selfish player today.

Cripps looks cooked already and players look like their running out of gas, I fear for us on Friday against the Hawks system they will chew us up if we play like we did today.

Hawks don't have a system anymore. They are just plain shit, for once.

But we do need our forward line to function way better next week.

I get the impression there are some here who were happier with last week's heartbreaking loss than today's win.

Quality of opposition aside, I will take the 4 points and win any day over a close (albeit very unlucky) loss. DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA

What about TDK, What about Honey?. Point is Moore shouldn’t play.
Lots on here said Newnes, Murph and even Plow should be dropped. I’ll back the coaching staff in, they know them better, I hope. I rarely look ahead at who should play, just support those who do. We have been guilty of playing kids too early in recent years and Teague seems to prefer veteran, big bodied players. Hey we are winning more so, meh.

With our forward injuries I’m not sure why that isn’t the go now. He can play the Dusty role- centre clearances then drift forward. Then be unpredictable. We have a stack of options.
Even if we loaded up with Ed, Setters and Kennedy around the stoppages we could give it a go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not having a go but would love to know what team things Murphy did?

Managed 1 tackle, 1 one percenter, and a total of 4 pressure acts. But still managed to have 3 frees against...
Shepherd on the hbf for Simmo, haven’t watched a replay but that’s one I remember... Murph is in for experience and X factor. Luxury but we haven’t had much of that in recent years.

Lots on here said Newnes, Murph and even Plow should be dropped. I’ll back the coaching staff in, they know them better, I hope. I rarely look ahead at who should play, just support those who do. We have been guilty of playing kids too early in recent years and Teague seems to prefer veteran, big bodied players. Hey we are winning more so, meh.
Agree, great that we now find ourselves in a position where we can allow the kids to develop. Just thought we were one runner short today.

Thought he fluffed it at the start, had way more time but credit to him he’s gone to the Murphy school of bananas, nailed it.
I thought it was Murphy when he kicked it

Not sure if it was just me but the camera work today shithouse, seemed to be watching from the moon at times.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Serious question: what is the rule around using your foot as protection against oncoming player in a marking contest.

Examples: Cripps today and sps a few weeks ago.

Clearly we need a public please explain. My understanding was that it was an illegal act. Both times has lead to an oppo goal.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Shepherd on the hbf for Simmo, haven’t watched a replay but that’s one I remember... Murph is in for experience and X factor. Luxury but we haven’t had much of that in recent years.
Loved that. He shepherded with intent, thought the shepherd in AFL was dead, you used to see 10 like that a game. These days blokes run beside them demanding a handball when the should shepherd.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rnd 8 Blues get the 4 points but .... yuck

Back