Autopsy Rnd 8 Blues get the 4 points but .... yuck

Who were your 5 best players in Round 8 vs North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Evening all, we've produced our Round 8 Review ep, which is available via the links in our signature.

It was... firey.
personally speaking an hour fifteen is way too long...........

Question umpires would be in hubs right? Doubt a lot of them wouldn’t be working their regular jobs during this period. Are they spending sone of this spare time working on their umpiring craft?
because a senior umpire working on his/her 'craft' for a few days won't make any mistakes after working on his/her 'craft' year after year.........

Cripps is in an unusual position at the moment. Lots of comparison to Bont as a contemporary but, he is slipping in the analogy. His next progression as a leader is going to be how he responds to tactics of the opposition. Anderson took him out today with niggle and persistence and it’s not the first time it has happened. We have a very nice system on ball and it is, finally, more that ruck tip it to Cripps.

Today was an ideal opportunity to drag a shorter Anderson forward and win contests where it hurts the most. He gets in the physical contest and often dragged mentally and physically out of the game. He is the most infringed player in the game therefore, go forward and earn a scrag goal at least once a game. Capitalise on the growth of Setters and the like and become more versatile. Diesel didn’t like coming off the ball but, it won him a Normie.
Especially considering we were down on talls

I wonder how many marks we could have taken if Martin didnt jump and spoil our own forwards.

You want him to jump and compete at times but sometimes he needs to stay down. Today got it wrong too many times.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
Cost us 4 goals, 2 easy shots missed and 2 spoils of certain marks.
His high marking is a strength, just needs to find a balance.

Please explain why Moore got a game over
Honey,Philp,Fisher,Dow,Obrien,Polson
Honey would of been a better selection in today's game in the wet
The logic was that Levi was injured and wasn't going to ruck and that Harry was a late out so we needed a key forward/second ruck. Came down to a choice between TDK and Moore. Moore had been getting rave reviews in the reserves scratch matches and as a result got the gig. Clearly it didn't work though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cost us 4 goals, 2 easy shots missed and 2 spoils of certain marks.
His high marking is a strength, just needs to find a balance.

I love what you say there about finding a balance.
I don’t want to dissuade him from going for his marks, as it is a real feature of his game. Not too many mid-sized players are that good in a pack marking situation. However I’d love to see some more coordination between our forwards as to when to fly and when to block/crumb. It’ll come though - Harry missed so much footy, Martin/Pittonet new to the club, Eddie new to most teammates.
Martin’s set shot kicking is a bit of a worry. Such a silky player on the run - must be a case of the yips from a set shot.

I have nothing against him as a person, don’t know the bloke. Just don’t understand why people froff him when he literally kept a bloke to his season average. Last week Gray had his best game of the year against the people’s champ. I think he was ok today but made some fundemental errors and based on his position lead to shots on goal.
Jog on.

I thought it was Murphy when he kicked it

Not sure if it was just me but the camera work today shithouse, seemed to be watching from the moon at times.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
Must have had the work experience kids in.

Take the win, i thought the f50 entries and forward line were poor.
Good to see Pitto and Kennedy bounce back from last week.
Setters on his way to being a gun.
Willo having some bad clangers, happy to persist as I see him as part of our future.

Injuries now becoming a bit of a concern.

I’ll be praying Harry is ok for next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rnd 8 Blues get the 4 points but .... yuck

Back