AFL Toast RND 8: Bombed the Hawkes

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeahhhhhh!,,,,
michael jordan nba GIF

I'll put my hand up, graded Francis pretty harshly in the match thread.
but he was great in that last quarter, and kicking that goal he looked on the verge of tears.
First game back of course he was going to be rusty flying for balls and making silly mistakes and maybe not having a full game day tank.

That's my bad.

What a fun game.
Redman huge, McGrath back but even when he was on the wing he took ground.
Caldwell was great, bit more of the defensive work to put that intensity in with the chase.
Shiel, made some bad blues and I'm happy it didn't cost us but he didn't drop his bundle. He was banged up and made some horrendous blues, but he kept working hard and won some big free kicks late with tackles.

Martin is an incredible find. I think I can see him in the number 5 at some stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but he was great in that last quarter, and kicking that goal he looked on the verge of tears.
First game back of course he was going to be rusty flying for balls and making silly mistakes and maybe not having a full game day tank.

That's my bad.

What a fun game.
Redman huge, McGrath back but even when he was on the wing he took ground.
Caldwell was great, bit more of the defensive work to put that intensity in with the chase.
Shiel, made some bad blues and I'm happy it didn't cost us but he didn't drop his bundle. He was banged up and made some horrendous blues, but he kept working hard and won some big free kicks late with tackles.

Martin is an incredible find. I think I can see him in the number 5 at some stage.
He actually did his job on Sicily quite well all game. He was assigned the role of decoy to give 2MP room and it worked, plus he went up when had to as well. Cohesive forward line for the first time this year.

So good to beat those ****ers and that smug campaigner Mitchell. **** I hate them.

Our intent and willingness to compete can’t be faulted but geez we conspired to undo all of that with some dumb footy and poor skill moments.

Peter Wright. I don’t know which way to feel when I watch him. I loved his match-winning performance but that spilt overhead on his own in the 3rd that rebounded for a goal and that free kick against in the goal square when we were charging… he has so much bad to get out of his game it’s not funny… and it’s really bad.

Franga. Spoils his teammates yet kicks the game clincher.

Shiel. Bereft of confidence but he worked hard tonight and that last qtr tackle meant more than his missed goals moving forward.

Drapes. 4 disposals and 100 supercoach points. WTF.

When we are working hard in our congested forward 50 I can’t quite work out from the TV how when the Hawks get the ball out and rebound they have a player on his own in their forward 50. Where’s our cover? In soccer, if your centre backs go forward for a set piece you have a full back or central defensive midfielder sit back to cover the clearance or rebound. It’s drilled into them. I can’t fathom how we don’t have Lav or Reid or Zerk or all of them back preventing a Hawk from getting ahead of the ball. Bewildering and frustrating to watch.

Was great hearing him kick that goal. Has talent just needs confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast RND 8: Bombed the Hawkes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back