Preview Rookie Draft 2011 13th of December

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah it'd be silly to overlook someone who isn't a vanilla midget that is an erratic kick

Just because he plays in our vfl team doesnt mean we should draft him, Bolton for instance was better yet still got the ass

That's crap. I can't really argue with any of the other stuff because IMO his only stand-out attribute is his ability to find the ball (which alone isn't really isn't enough to get him by), but to say that a guy the same height as Joel Selwood and Andrew Swallow is a midget, is rubbish.

"Borough defender Jarrod Dalton has attracted interest from Collingwood and Adelaide. He is considered the best defender in the VFL outside of Casey's Tim Mohr, who has already been taken by GWS."
Wonder if my previous call will come to fruition.

That's crap. I can't really argue with any of the other stuff because IMO his only stand-out attribute is his ability to find the ball (which alone isn't really isn't enough to get him by), but to say that a guy the same height as Joel Selwood and Andrew Swallow is a midget, is rubbish.

It's a describing name for midfielders that aren't really great at anything (as you said his standout attribute is finding the ball, which would be great if he was a better then average kick.

Honestly whether he is drafted or not he won't make it, I'd prefer kris pendlebury who i also dont see having a fruitful afl career

It's a describing name for midfielders that aren't really great at anything (as you said his standout attribute is finding the ball, which would be great if he was a better then average kick.

Honestly whether he is drafted or not he won't make it, I'd prefer kris pendlebury who i also dont see having a fruitful afl career

No, midget is a description used for people of short stature not people 6 foot tall. Vanilla (which you used) is an apt description for midfielders that aren't great at anything.

I'm sorry for getting off topic, but to describe a bloke who's 6 foot tall as a midget is extremely rich IMO.

Why not Bolton?

no one can answer me this?

He was injured for half the year and came back and showed more than most especially as a goal kicker and forward pressure?

What are his off field issues?

I am with Blessed, I saw most vfl games and Bolton was the one i was most impressed with.

He gets delisted, supposedly for more opportunities but does not train anywhere during the preseason? You would of thought that if he told the pies he wanted more opportunities that he would of been told by another club that they were interested and to train with them?..

Also at the start of the year Maxwell and i think Pendles both tweeted they were impressed with Bolton, i think Maxy quoted " next big thing"...

So does anyone know what happened with Bolton??

No, midget is a description used for people of short stature not people 6 foot tall. Vanilla (which you used) is an apt description for midfielders that aren't great at anything.

I'm sorry for getting off topic, but to describe a bloke who's 6 foot tall as a midget is extremely rich IMO.

I'll pay that, anyone UNDER 6 foot is a midget.:p

I am with Blessed, I saw most vfl games and Bolton was the one i was most impressed with.

He gets delisted, supposedly for more opportunities but does not train anywhere during the preseason? You would of thought that if he told the pies he wanted more opportunities that he would of been told by another club that they were interested and to train with them?..

Also at the start of the year Maxwell and i think Pendles both tweeted they were impressed with Bolton, i think Maxy quoted " next big thing"...

So does anyone know what happened with Bolton??
I get the feeling there was something happening off the field which caused them to split ways. Nothing has been mentioned of this but IMO it's just about the only logical answer.

Collingwoods has 30 blokes train nearly everyday competing for some of the rookie spots and vfl spots. Apparently will be cut down to 15 soon.. I know 2 blokes from the northern football league down there ATM.

Collingwoods has 30 blokes train nearly everyday competing for some of the rookie spots and vfl spots. Apparently will be cut down to 15 soon.. I know 2 blokes from the northern football league down there ATM.

Can you tell us some of who they are mate?

Late 2011 Rookie Draft News

We will have been Linked too Tom Sunberg ,Jarrad Dalton and Sam Critchley.

Sounds like we will Re Rookie 2 out of Framer,Stubbs or Reed.

Mooney and Hartley Offically Join the Rookie List.

What have you guys have heard?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you tell us some of who they are mate?
Nick riddle i know has been training for Collingwood. His from greensborough football club in the northen football league. Won the B&F after his first year back from the knights. 19 years old. He was in the coaches team of the year at center half back. Dunno what the deal is but i assume its for a rookie or vfl spot

225583_10150287818958154_760633153_9416593_831035_n.jpg

And a ruckman from lower plenty is training down there cant remember his name

Re: Late 2011 Rookie Draft

There were 30 odd people training for a few months now. I know 2 guys aiming for a rookie spots. Hoping they get picked up tommorow

What are there Names?

Nick riddle i know has been training for Collingwood. His from greensborough football club in the northen football league. Won the B&F after his first year back from the knights. 19 years old. He was in the coaches team of the year at center half back. Dunno what the deal is but i assume its for a rookie or vfl spot

225583_10150287818958154_760633153_9416593_831035_n.jpg

And a ruckman from lower plenty is training down there cant remember his name

Thanks for the Info. I think it be More for the VFL but Could still get on Rookie list like Bolton last season

Looks like you'll have 2 picks..as Reed has officially been cut he cleaned out his locker on friday

Looks like you'll have 2 picks..as Reed has officially been cut he cleaned out his locker on friday

I thought we had passed the second list lodgement deadline for rookies back in November.

I thought we had passed the second list lodgement deadline for rookies back in November.

Yeah, but wasn't Reed officially cut back then (from memory the media dept oriiginally made a mistake and left him off the list of delisted rookies they publicised) but he was put on the 'permission to train' list. Maybe he kept his locker during that period for convenience? Maybe he hoped to get re-rookied by the club? (is such a thing even possible?)

Also add carthal corr (Macleod) is training as well. WAs a rookie at the saints a while ago

He Signed for the VFL side Mid Last Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back