Preview Rookie Draft 2011 13th of December

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to mention 3rd in 20 m sprint and 10th in Agility run...

Quick, agile, skinny, best kick... sounds like Dids

Like the Shane Nelson call. Why a kid that is so clearly talented missed out on the national draft is bewildering. Can't believe he was overlooked....and I must admit although I have researched him extensively I too overlooked him but partly because I thought he would be gone by our first pick.

Would be an outstanding rookie prospect with claims for a senior birth in most AFL teams next year I would have thought.

From Patrick Keane's twitter

Collingwood six rookie draft picks - 17, 35, 53, 70, 81, 87

How many actual live picks will we have though? Hartley uses a pick, who else?

Hartley and Mooney are our last 2 picks.

I remember an interview with Hine on CTV post-trade week saying we would have 2 live picks in national and rookie drafts. This would mean that Farmer and Stubbs will be rookie listed.

From Patrick Keane's twitter

Collingwood six rookie draft picks - 17, 35, 53, 70, 81, 87

How many actual live picks will we have though? Hartley uses a pick, who else?

Hartley and Caolan Mooney - Irish Rookie.

There is also the possibility that we rookie one or both of Daniel Farmer and Trent Stubbs.

So this could like the national draft be fairly uninteresting.

any chance of Shane Nelson getting a look in? He was the best kick in Buckley's kicking test in the draft combine - an by a fair way too...

If available will be looked at. Will certainly feature in the rookie draft. Was widely expected to go in the national draft. Some thought as high as top 20. But certainly was expected to go inside the top 50.

He probably isn't my favourite rookie prospect. Think he can look pressured at times and I'm not sold that he will be able to take the step to the next level at his size. But certainly one of the better rookie prospects and has the numbers as well as the testing results to back up his case.

For mine I think there are a number of types that I would be keen to see land to us but the only thing I am pretty sure of is that Hine will have someone lined up that is a relative unknown. Collingwood are reknowned for it.

If I had to throw out a few I would like in addition to Waldhuter and Nelson;

Sheahen - has all the tools and is a great user. Could play a few diff't roles

Fallon - Sandy Dragon midfielder who would fit the Hine 'type'.

Jong - A lot of things to work with and huge scope for improvement

Frost - to much to work with IMO. Collingwood could spend time grooming him for CHB or FB but not sure we need another one

Farrer - NT kid who one club is quite keen on. Comes from a long way back but lots of x factor

Bussey - Did the AIS programme and would be well known to Bucks. Has all the ability but just needs to apply it. I am one of the few that have seen him play very well a number of times.

Murphy - GWS looked at him last year and he was close. Didnt put a foot wrong this year

Derham - hardly spoken of but a very handy SA mid / fwd who came on massively this year. havent seen his test results and that would be my only ? mark.

Mascitti - Oakleigh kid who must have been close. I had him just missing but will be gone by 20 in the RD I would think.

Charleston - Western Jet HB / Mid. Very much like jason tutt.

O'Hara - SA mature HB / mid, great skill and speed.

Horlsey - He would be handy for a list with so many kids.

Mal Lynch - He is one that could be taken to fill Neon's role if that is not what Marty has come in to do.

Anyway its a crap shoot the Rookie but its fun to throw some names around.

Was Reported on the Day of the Draft in the Herald Sun that Hine really liked him

If Hine is openly telling the Herald Sun on draft day that he really likes a player then it's a fair assumption that Hine won't be calling his number out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Hine is openly telling the Herald Sun on draft day that he really likes a player then it's a fair assumption that Hine won't be calling his number out.

Info Becoming for else where.

The Sun was right last season when they said we where into Kirk Ugle

Got one for you who is well under the radar.

The pies this week interviewed Sam Critchley for over 45 minutes with the big guns present(Hine and two others), with a view to taking him in the rookie draft.
He wasn't even in the TAC system until he came to notice with some very strong performances in the APS for St Kevin's and the Jets gave him a run for the last four games where he played really well(best twice).

He is a swingman with huge upside (approx 191 cm) and is all arms and legs but can play either tall back or tall forward.

Very few have him on the radar and they wouldn't have spent so much time meeting with him this week if they weren't half serious

Got one for you who is well under the radar.

The pies this week interviewed Sam Critchley for over 45 minutes with the big guns present(Hine and two others), with a view to taking him in the rookie draft.
He wasn't even in the TAC system until he came to notice with some very strong performances in the APS for St Kevin's and the Jets gave him a run for the last four games where he played really well(best twice).

He is a swingman with huge upside (approx 191 cm) and is all arms and legs but can play either tall back or tall forward.

Very few have him on the radar and they wouldn't have spent so much time meeting with him this week if they weren't half serious

Thanks for the Info Mate. Sounds like he would be High on our list.

How do you know this?

If Tom Sundberg is still available at our first selection, we would be silly to overlook him.

Nah it'd be silly to overlook someone who isn't a vanilla midget that is an erratic kick

Just because he plays in our vfl team doesnt mean we should draft him, Bolton for instance was better yet still got the ass

Sundberg doesnt have the tools to take his game to a good afl standard... better taking somone whos younger but a small chance of making it

Nah it'd be silly to overlook someone who isn't a vanilla midget that is an erratic kick

Just because he plays in our vfl team doesnt mean we should draft him, Bolton for instance was better yet still got the ass

How many VFL games did you attend Opti? A hard nut gut running mid (who is no midget) who is ready to go straight away (23yo) and who could play half forward or half back would be valuable in case of a long term injury.

My apologies for posting on your board but i see that Collingwood and Adelaide are linked to Jarrod Dalton.

That has been Know for Quite Awhile. Someone(Forgot Who) said we would Draft him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Rookie Draft 2011 13th of December

Remove this Banner Ad

Back