Preview Rookie Draft 2011 13th of December

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll just say I'm glad we've been taking advantage of the NSW scholarship system and also drafting through trades with GWS, because IMO the players we got outside these picks don't look the greatest. Paine looks promising but in a weak draft it looks like we got some good kids through other avenues.

Lachlan Smith is a handy medium forward. Duel sided. Skills good. Marking ability ok. Has shown good improvement over the past year. Work ethic there and seems to be a high character guy. So very Buckley compatible.

Marley Williams is a selection that really excites me. Love his kick! Can kick it low, fast and HARD! Very strong. Has pace. Endurance needs allot of work but once built up he should be able to get more ball more often.
Real Paul Chapman style angry ant. Like the pick!

Otherwise a pretty un-interesting draft getting Daniel Farmer and Trent Stubbs back for another go.

Mooney and Hartley both also added pre-draft - both good additions. But everyone knows them now, so hardly any need to add much about them..

Interesting to see Carlton pick up Nick Heyne. Someone i'm sure VV would have been keen for us to look at.

Gold Coast picked up Kyal Horsley who we were linked to.

Waylen Manson was overlooked altogether. You have to think he didn't interview all that well because he didn't lack footy talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back