List Mgmt. Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

He's probably in Dubbo as we speak...talking to some kid who's kicking his plastic footy over the water tank.
I love Dubbo
I have a t shirt that proves it

I'm secretly hoping someone else takes Keeffe and Thomas. Josh Thomas has a long way to go if he is going to break into the midfield we're building. Keeffe would be at the back of the line for key defensive prospects as well.
I'm with you on that score.
Brisbane might well take Keeffe for various reasons, including another chance to piss CFC off. With their list, they could do with some more experienced talls and don't look likely to be rising up the ladder next year anyway.
Can't imagine why anyone would take Thomas, given the situation.

I'm with you on that score.
Brisbane might well take Keeffe for various reasons, including another chance to piss CFC off. With their list, they could do with some more experienced talls and don't look likely to be rising up the ladder next year anyway.
Can't imagine why anyone would take Thomas, given the situation.
I too was hoping that someone would take at least one of Keeffe and Thomas off our hands, even though it was probably always very unlikely. Brisbane seemed the best hope, but from what I can see they have only one spot left on their list now. They have 40 on the Primary List and 3 Category A Rookies (as well as 2 Cat. B Rookies), and they have apparently promised the delisted Jackson Paine that they'll pick him up again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh the whole keefe thomas thing, doesn't bother me, a guy like keefe, his height very very handy for depth.
Say 2017 or 2018 we in finals, a key backman goes down, keefe hardly the worst.
Good filler.
So Rookie them in 2017.

I too was hoping that someone would take at least one of Keeffe and Thomas off our hands, even though it was probably always very unlikely. Brisbane seemed the best hope, but from what I can see they have only one spot left on their list now. They have 40 on the Primary List and 3 Category A Rookies (as well as 2 Cat. B Rookies), and they have apparently promised the delisted Jackson Paine that they'll pick him up again.
So, we may have two more additions to our membership next year, watching from the outer.
Oh well - I guess it will go down well with the playing group.

Just re: Keefe/Thomas

The club has stated that they will rookie them if available, but I've not heard anything from the club to specificy whether that would be in 2016 or 2017. Given they aren't eligible next year, it may well be that they are talking about 2017, unless they have other plans for them next year. I am sure there have been conversations behind closed doors about the clubs and players options for next year. If we are allowed to have them around the club, either in non-football roles, or are allowed to provide them with trainers or training plans etc., then it may make sense to rookie them for next year and keep them under the clubs eye. If its a year of no contact, then it may well be the club has promised to rookie them in 2017 on their return.

Personally, I am happy to have Keefe as a rookie doing nothing in 2016, because I think a Keefe returning in 2017 is a better KPD prospect than what we are likely to get in the PSD.
I dont feel the same way re: Thomas. I think too many midfielders have gone past him, and that will only be worse in another 12 months - I dont really see him being able to play much of a role in 2017 onwards.

Even if the club do rookie them tomorrow, it will likely only be with the last possible picks.

Brisbane doubtful to take either Thomas or Keeffe. Brisbane only have 1 live pick (2) so they won't go there. They are taking an academy kid at their 2nd (Rueben William) and they're done.

GC on the other hand might; they've got about 5 rookie picks.

Brisbane doubtful to take either Thomas or Keeffe. Brisbane only have 1 live pick (2) so they won't go there. They are taking an academy kid at their 2nd and they're done.

GC on the other hand might; they've got about 5 rookie picks.

They've got like three picks...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back