Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a done deal until the Petracca stuff reared its head. I don't think many could have foreseen that happening - Port certainly didn't expect it.

If Petracca's statements are true & he's staying, I wonder if this changes anything for Houston

If Petracca's statements are true & he's staying, I wonder if this changes anything for Houston

Anything is possible.

A few weeks ago when the Houston deal to Melbourne was initially reported as being off, I was told by someone at Port that there was still lots of water to go under the bridge and that the Melbourne deal could very quickly be revived.

I think Dan's comments were smart a few days ago because it stops speculation during the season for the Club. But there's always wiggle room to manoeuvre once the season is over.

Not really.....anyone is tracdeable potentially.

If there was a theoretical multi-club trade of Serong, Reid and one of the King brothers, for JHF and a 3rd round pick, I think we would accept it.

It's incredibly extremely unlikely I realise.

Surrounded by all those players mentioned, JHF would still win the clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The past few drafts have been a bit dull to watch with Port’s selections well down the order. Hoping a bit for Dan to be traded just to bring in some excitement.
Yea high draft picks are so much more exciting than winning games.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel like Petracca stuffed it twice.

First he ruined the aura of Melbourne FC for Dan.

Then he caused Carlton to leave him at the alter (albeit temporarily).

All of a sudden Port didn't look so bad.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood has nothing of real value for us.

A future 1st, which could and should be a teens pick on adding Dan, and steak knives. Richard’s doesn’t move the needle, we are picking him up for pick 70. Apparently we have interest in Jakob Ryan but a 5d on debut flanker doesn’t move the needle either.

They need to add a top 12 pick, and they’re not getting one from anywhere.

Collingwood has nothing of real value for us.

A future 1st, which could and should be a teens pick on adding Dan, and steak knives. Richard’s doesn’t move the needle, we are picking him up for pick 70. Apparently we have interest in Jakob Ryan but a 5d on debut flanker doesn’t move the needle either.

They need to add a top 12 pick, and they’re not getting one from anywhere.
Richards isn't going to port for pick 70 which is a free to good home charity pick. He is not a charity case, it will be your pick 37 minimum. Every club is interested including us to re-sign him so he is worth a decent pick.

We have the future 1st (could be pick 5-15), a pick for Noble (probably GC pick 26) and Richards. We are in the ball park for Houston. Doubt he picks us though. Hope he stays for Port to have some success.

Richards isn't going to port for pick 70 which is a free to good home charity pick. He is not a charity case, it will be your pick 37 minimum. Every club is interested including us to re-sign him so he is worth a decent pick.

We have the future 1st (could be pick 5-15), a pick for Noble (probably GC pick 26) and Richards. We are in the ball park for Houston. Doubt he picks us though. Hope he stays for Port to have some success.

There is 0.0% chance that Richard’s gets you 37.

Well according to the bozos on Fox Footy's The Midweek Tackle, pick 8 from St Kilda will be enough for a back to back All Australian in his prime with three years left on his contract.

And as pick 8 is apparently what the Saints are getting because they lowballed Josh Battle, then Dan Houston is the equivalent of Josh Battle.

What a world.

If you have a squiz on the Pies board, you'll find out that apparently 25yo 8-gamer Joe Richards and a future 1st is overs for 2xAA Dan Houston in the prime of his career with 3 years to go on his contract.

You might have to trade in a top 30 pick. ;) Hopefully we play a little hard ball with him if he doesn't re-sign. Have you seen him play? He has looked like a top 20 draft pick this year.
Lol. A near 25 yo who has managed a career 6 goals at 0.7 per game. And he's out of contract.

You might have to trade in a top 30 pick. ;) Hopefully we play a little hard ball with him if he doesn't re-sign. Have you seen him play? He has looked like a top 20 draft pick this year.
He was dropped for round 22 in a team that wasn’t making finals and is out of contract.Third rounder at best and that’s being generous.

Lol. A near 25 yo who has managed a career 6 goals at 0.7 per game. And he's out of contract.
Do you know much about him? It's his second year in the comp being a mature recruit and he struggled a bit with injury last year in our premiership year so he didn't get a gig. There is a reason why he is being chased by most clubs in the comp. Esava was out of contract last year. Was he free? Anyway I'm out good luck winning it all this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back