Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldnt trade him unless we get a top 5 pick + a player.

Reality the club will probably trade him for a forth round because he's a good bloke and has done well for the club so we will let him go home for peanuts,

Then give next year's first rnd pick for a player we have an abundance of and can't even get in their sides 22.

This has the making of a disaster.

Pickett does not value add to a side the way Houston does.

It's no a knock on Pickett I'd love to have him but the gap left by Houston would make having Pickett pretty pointless.

That Melbourne would do that trade tells you pretty much all you need to know about who's winning there.

If we loose Houston it would be a cluster****. He's one of our best and we'd be taking 2 steps back to take one step forward. Absolute insanity. He's got plenty of contract left, there are no players worth making the deal for on the market and if you're going for draft, you may as well trade out Connor and Zak too start from scratch. I don't see a world where trading Dan is anything but a massive L for us.

He can go if the deals good.

As good as he is there is something about him that just tails off at times, I'm less attached to players as I've ever been though & completely jaded by this era of the club so factor that in with my attitude lol.

The impact of holding onto a lame duck coach. Why would you exert maximum effort, or commitment, when you know this fricken bloke is gone in a few weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubs would be rightly so interested in him.. that's a no brainer

But It was only a month or 2 ago he said Port for life in an interview

That being said, I'd go for a Houston <-> Kozzie trade ... easily

Has been our best player over the last 5 seasons and keeps getting better. Think they had some stats last week with him as best kick in the comp. He's a smart footballer - probably too smart to buy into the Hinkley cult and therefore expendable. Don't like the sound of this and probably ends with us getting butt ****ed

I'd entertain discussions on just about the entire list aside from the obvious two or three keepers.

Yep. Outside of JHF, Rozee and Butters, I don't really care.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back