Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope club doesnt go overboard for Perryman, guy is chronically injured with major hamstring issues, is probably out again till finals after tearing hamstring tendon again. Big worry for a 800k 6 yr contract.

He's a free agent though and we haven't been in a position to get many of them over the years. At least if it doesn't work you only lose salary cap space rather than picks as we normally do.

Yes. It's not football related so I'm choosing not to post it.

If a team make an offer in the vicinity of 2 first round picks, Port will let him go.
Fair enough and thank you. Hope he is ok, I rate him.
Recall posting on here that a mate of mine playing for Sturt commenting that Houston was a level above in his first year of us drafting him.
Will be sad to see him go.

If he wants to go it's a shame because he's a brilliant player, but so be it. We better play hard ball at the trade table instead of bending over like usual though. You don't let players of Houstons calibre leave for peanuts. If Esava is worth 25 and change the a contracted Houston is worth a top 5 pick.

If he wants to go it's a shame because he's a brilliant player, but so be it. We better play hard ball at the trade table instead of bending over like usual though. You don't let players of Houstons calibre leave for peanuts. If Esava is worth 25 and change the a contracted Houston is worth a top 5 pick.
That's not how it works unfortunately. Is Lachie Weller worth pick 2? Esava is not worth 25, Geelong knew we were desperate so we bent over to them to be the nice guys.

Expecting Houston to end up at Hawthorn. No intel, just a hunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't ignore the fact that half back flank is the easiest position on the ground to replace. Yes he's one of the best in the league at that position but it doesn't change that simple fact. So effectively you are not actually losing Houston - you are losing the difference between Houston and say Sinn or Williams who are both outside the best 22 but could both play that role to an at least competent AFL standard. If someone offered you two first round picks for downgrading Houston (who is 28 early next season) to Sinn or Williams, I think you take that without hesitation.
Yeah, it is an easy position to fill and we also have a plethora of them.

We have to nail the trade and hopefully two first rounders is the order of the day.

I don't like the idea of trading with the Hawthorn just because they are starting to ascend and we don't have to make them better but if the deal is good, fair enough. Day for Dan!!!

I like the idea of doing a deal with the Saints, they have pick 5, Wanganeen-Milera and Phillipou to take a look at and Lyon would love Houston.

Houston for Kosi and a pick upgrade would be awesome.

Farrell could upgrade his game. We have young Lachie Jones and Josh Sinn and an even younger Bogan Evans. And two guys who are a bit out of favour, Ryan Burton and Dylan Williams.

This unfortunate trade could actually redefine our backline with defenders who defend first.

We've got Bergman playing 3rd tall at the moment so he should be able to help out all round.

If Dan leaves, it is unfortunate but not without the possibility of really helping the team post Hinkley.

Last edited:
Bloody knew it. These kind of rumours don't just come from thin air - particularly when they seem to pick up steam. If so, an absolute shame.
Coming into his absolute prime and already acknowledged as the best distributor by foot in the comp.

If we can somehow get Phillipou to Alberton, that would soften the blow.

Yeah, it is an easy position to fill and we also have a plethora of them.

We have to nail the trade and hopefully two first rounders is the order of the day.

I don't like the idea of trading with the Hawthorn just because they are starting to ascend and we don't have to make them better but if the deal is good, fair enough. Day for Dan!!!

I like the idea of doing a deal with the Saints, they have pick 5, Wanganeen-Milera and Phillipou to take a look at and Lyon would love Houston.

Houston for Kosi and a pick upgrade would be awesome.

Farrell could upgrade his game. We have young Lachie Jones and Josh Sinn and an even younger Bogan Evans. And two guys who are a bit out of favour, Ryan Burton and Dylan Williams.

This unfortunate trade could actually redefine our backline with defenders who defend first.

We've got Bergman playing 3rd tall at the moment so he should be able to help out all round.

If Dan leaves, it is unfortunate but not without the possibility of really helping the team post Hinkley.

I agree but Burton must go his a liability as bad as Dixon and Finlayson.

That's not how it works unfortunately. Is Lachie Weller worth pick 2? Esava is not worth 25, Geelong knew we were desperate so we bent over to them to be the nice guys.

Expecting Houston to end up at Hawthorn. No intel, just a hunch.
Maybe North.

Clarko loves a good kick.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We do.

I think the Club would be most happy to move Burton on at the conclusion of this season.
Remember when we traded the most talented bloke to walk through the club doors since Robbie Gray for Duursma (already gone) and Burton (fringe player who might be on the way out) and half this board thought it was some fantastic list management coup?

Talking to a happy clapper earlier today he said HOUSTON GOES I'M OUT! 12 years of roller blind guy and this is what tips you over?

I hope you stayed more than arms reach away from the bars.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back