Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Houston would be in our top handful of players.
That’s a lot for a small forward, yeah I know he’s good but it would have to be a good deal to let him go.
As a swap I’d say no, I’d want more than that.

I’d pull the trigger on a Kozzie/Houston straight swap if we managed to land Perryman.

You could split hairs all day over any perceived difference in value between the two, but the fact is they’re both stars, only for us Kozzie would be adding elite talent into what is probably our most immediate list need right now, while drawing down on an area of the list that arguably we can most afford it.

Landing Perryman is the key IMO.

Pickett has been mentioned quite a lot on this thread, so I thought I’d ask those in the know, did his Uncle Byron really encourage him to re sign with Melbourne, or is that bull shite ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I heard everyone close to him expected him to request a trade to Port and he came out of the meeting with a new contract. Nobody seems sure what happened between going in and coming out.

I heard everyone close to him expected him to request a trade to Port and he came out of the meeting with a new contract. Nobody seems sure what happened between going in and coming out.

Hmm yeah right, seems cash was king in that meeting.

Hmm yeah right, seems cash was king in that meeting.

Or a quiet young guy with a sense of loyalty, or not able to say he wants out when face to face.

I’m perplexed about why Houston would want to move out and why on earth we would entertain letting him go.
One possibility (family demands) and two possibilities (Pickett or Lukosius).

An article yesterday somewhere suggested GC may be prepared to let Lukosius go for a first round pick.

watch us get a late first rounder and tom sparrow in return

Gettable saying pick 7 and some upgrades or even another teens first.

Big hail really.

Would be interesting to see, do we hit the draft as pick 7 is right in the sweet spot for this one or do we dangle it and see if we can pry someone loose from saints for example

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sick Jason Jones GIF by The Detour

Pickett has been mentioned quite a lot on this thread, so I thought I’d ask those in the know, did his Uncle Byron really encourage him to re sign with Melbourne, or is that bull shite ?

Found this:
1723004265543.png

Gettable saying pick 7 and some upgrades or even another teens first.

Big hail really.

Would be interesting to see, do we hit the draft as pick 7 is right in the sweet spot for this one or do we dangle it and see if we can pry someone loose from saints for example

Personally with pick 7 i would be more inclined to use it in a deal for any of the following:
  • Pickett
  • Lukosious
  • NWM
  • Phillipou
Obviously depending on who it was would mean a further exchange of picks etc.

Or if we can trade up for a pick to get draper

Personally with pick 7 i would be more inclined to use it in a deal for any of the following:
  • Pickett
  • Lukosious
  • NWM
  • Phillipou
Obviously depending on who it was would mean a further exchange of picks etc.

Or if we can trade up for a pick to get draper

Luko ain't worth pick 7.

Kane Cornes on SEN just then talking about players that aren’t that talented that deliver maximum performance (Jackson Archer) and his maximum talent but doesn’t perform enough (Kozi Pickett).

Basically said he’s the most overrated player in the league. His best is incredible and he has so much talent but does not deliver, tackle or get a touch.

Not sure if he’s trying to tank his value or genuinely means we are no chance to get him ha.

Kane Cornes on SEN just then talking about players that aren’t that talented that deliver maximum performance (Jackson Archer) and his maximum talent but doesn’t perform enough (Kozi Pickett).

Basically said he’s the most overrated player in the league. His best is incredible and he has so much talent but does not deliver, tackle or get a touch.

Not sure if he’s trying to tank his value or genuinely means we are no chance to get him ha.

He's going to win you a grand final but he won't get you there.

I've got him light years behind Willie.

Im sure he's a nice pick up and Melbourne supporters would say 2 firsts but he's got to do more.

He's going to win you a grand final but he won't get you there.

I've got him light years behind Willie.

Im sure he's a nice pick up and Melbourne supporters would say 2 firsts but he's got to do more.

With due respect i think Kozi is a step up from Rioli.

He's just as dangerous around goals and has more weapons. can go into the midfield etc

Kozzy kicked 40+ goals in just his 2nd and 3rd year in the comp (4 years with 30+ goals)

Rioli has only kicked more than 30 goals once in 4 years

With due respect i think Kozi is a step up from Rioli.

He's just as dangerous around goals and has more weapons. can go into the midfield etc

Kozzy kicked 40+ goals in just his 2nd and 3rd year in the comp (4 years with 30+ goals)

Rioli has only kicked more than 30 goals once in 4 years
Kozzie is a gun..

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back