Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Well the gradings says 2 to 3 if it’s careless,severe and to the body. Port need to threaten court action, we are sick of being the whipping boys. Imagine the plaintiff (afl) admitting the defendant did nothing wrong by the rules but would still like them to pay damages. They would laugh you out of court.

Rucci explained it in SEN, hitting someone front on like he did isn’t in the rules, it’s been banned for a long time - something to that accord. Graham Cornes and most in socials are wrong with their thinking.

Choco was a big instigator of it.

High contact is anything above the shoulder, hence why the collarbone is important..

On SM-S911B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If your collarbone is “above” your shoulder you should see a doctor immediately.

In all seriousness, your collarbone is below the top of your shoulders and below your neck.

Rucci explained it in SEN, hitting someone front on like he did isn’t in the rules, it’s been banned for a long time - something to that accord. Graham Cornes and most in socials are wrong with their thinking.

No one knows about it. Eddie McGuire and Bartel don’t know about it either. Even if true, is that the case if running in to contest a ball. We are not talking about an off the ball shepherd here.

So the tribunal didn't accept that the bump was to the body and not high. I never really thought they would but that was our only hope of avoiding this outcome. Once it's concluded that the contact was high you just don't have a leg to stand on.

Which is frustrating really, as the "High contact" that they accepted was to the neck/shoulder area. Which is high by definition yes, but not what caused the concussion outcome.

It's a bit like the reason speed camera fines are such a cancer these days. Because people didn't fight them in court early on, the Government has become emboldened to use them more and more fraudulently and protect the system with bullshit legislation making it not cost effective to challenge it. Sooner or later, someone needs to stand up and be counted, and kick the AFL hard in the arse before it gets completely out of control.
They also don't prevent accidents just like this won't.

“I don’t believe I made any contact at all with Izak’s head, neck or top of his shoulders, but I accept that my bump caused his head to hit the ground, and because of that, this is classified as high contact."
Makes zero sense ... So if anyone hits the ground that's classified as high contact even if he bumped him in the balls?

Actually the rule is head above the ball, this rule was made to stop players while bending down to get the ball having their necks crunched. Rucci tried to explain it away that technically his head is above the ball. But that would mean any bump of any kind would fall under that category unless the players arms are holding the ball in the air above their heads.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a rule for protecting players who are bent down over the ball on the ground.

The fact that the club's mouth piece is pushing that ridiculous stretch should be really concerning for us, because the Club is trying to get everyone to accept this shit decision.

Actually the rule is head above the ball, this rule was made to stop players while bending down to get the ball having their necks crunched. Rucci tried to explain it away that technically his head is above the ball. But that would mean any bump of any kind would fall under that category unless the players arms are holding the ball in the air above their heads.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rucci is a pretty dumb journo generally. He shouldn’t ever be taken as correct by default.

This is a rule for protecting players who are bent down over the ball on the ground.

The fact that the club's mouth piece is pushing that ridiculous stretch should be really concerning for us, because the Club is trying to get everyone to accept this shit decision.

Yeah was just reading that in the rule book. It’s all semantics anyway, they want concussion gone.

It was a very split second opportunistic thing that happened unfortunately.

The defender double fisting an easy mark for starters caused the whole thing.

I love this part:

"We do not consider the consequence of missing finals and potentially a grand final impacts the sanction that should be imposed, particularly for such a serious breach and such a significant injury."

**** directly off. Like that's mattered in the past 10 years.
"We do not consider the consequence of a non-Victorian player missing finals and potentially a grand final impacts the sanction that should be imposed, particularly for such a serious breach and such a significant injury."

Fixed it for them.

“I don’t believe I made any contact at all with Izak’s head, neck or top of his shoulders, but I accept that my bump caused his head to hit the ground, and because of that, this is classified as high contact."
The first half is fine. The second half is conciliatory bullshit that gave them rope to hang him.

The first half is fine. The second half is conciliatory bullshit that gave them rope to hang him.

They tried the good bloke and pity me argument.

Should of said what he said first and left it.

"I saw the ball being punched out and ran towards where it was heading. In the process the ball was taken by Izak and in that split second of momentum I made a football act to bump with my shoulder to their body not hitting high or above the neck to get the ball. After seeing the ball go out and continued on to get the ball and do my job. Unfortunately, Izak was injured when hitting the ground. I never intended to injure Izak or any player for that matter. I do, however play the sport as it is intended physical and within the rules of which my bump was intended."

No apologising etc.. just that and leave it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back