Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought rankine had a shoulder injury??? That’s what they used in the tribunal statement but his shoulder looks pretty good to me

I saw this on the news last night. I was looking carefully to see which shoulder was injured, but he didn't have any strapping and was using both hands equally well.

I bet he would play this week if not under concussion protocols. I'm calling bullshit on the AC injury.

I saw this on the news last night. I was looking carefully to see which shoulder was injured, but he didn't have any strapping and was using both hands equally well.

I bet he would play this week if not under concussion protocols. I'm calling bullshit on the AC injury.

If our lawyers are worth their weight, they used this as evidence at the appeals tonight. I'd love it if AFL got an independent doctor to check that medical report and assess Rankine again. Things aren’t adding up.

Edit: if we lose tonight (which we will), I want our lawyers to get a injunction in the Supreme Court, we’ll have 14 days or so to overturn this decision and get as many weeks off as possible.

Last edited:
I can't understand why we can't get our own medical evidence and we are just required to "accept" their medical report.

I work in personal injury and if I had to accept the medical reports of my client's arranged by the insurers then none of my client's have any chance in hell of ever succeeding in their matters.

I could suggest a few medico-legal doctors that insurer use that would happily say there's nothing wrong with his shoulder and he probably doesn't even have a concussion.

Gerard Whately - "Player knocked out, convulsing"

Drowning in a sea of hyperbole

Razor Ray's explanation is spot on.

So then as someone on twitter mentioned. How is a bump that’s a given as a non-free kick can result in someone getting a FIVE week suspension?

Yes, I get the fact the Dan got Rankine high but five weeks is crazy imo.

It appeared that Gerard was implying it should be a free due to the severity of the hit. And quite frankly if that is the general sentiment from which the AFL tribunal concluded that a 5 week suspension would suffice, reality is that there should be a reasonable case to lower the suspension greatly.

Beggars belief that a hit deemed clean and legal by the umpires gets any suspension.

It appeared that Gerard was implying it should be a free due to the severity of the hit. And quite frankly if that is the general sentiment from which the AFL tribunal concluded that a 5 week suspension would suffice, reality is that there should be a reasonable case to lower the suspension greatly.

Beggars belief that a hit deemed clean and legal by the umpires gets any suspension.

He was going to go down the rough conduct path but Ray slammed that door shut too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opinions and thoughts on how much this will effect our finals run ? Can we still go all the way ? Who's going to take his spot ?
I think the loss of Houston is going to be huge i want to be positive though can sinn step up i don't trust Burton to tie his shoelaces

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back