Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Has to be gone now (if he wasn't before)
Imagine how he's feeling after the club put in that pathetic effort.

I’d say Dan will have flashbacks for life when he stares at a jar of Vegemite.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So the experts are saying ban the front on bump! However side on bump okay. So side on bumps leading to concussion will be tolerable!!!?

Sounds like we were trying to argue (in that part) "yeah Rankine got a shoulder injury, but are you suuure Houston bumping him in the shoulder was the cause?"

Sounds like we were trying to argue (in that part) "yeah Rankine got a shoulder injury, but are you suuure Houston bumping him in the shoulder was the cause?"

This would've been a weird argument. I actually dont think the fact that Rankine had an AC joint injury contributed to the severe impact or the additional weeks. If this bump ended up with Rankine only suffering an AC joint, Houston wouldn't have had a sanction imo. This result is purely based on the outcome. Without the concussion, they couldn't have argued severe impact obviously and doubt they could even properly establish high contact because it would've been hard to establish that there was unreasonable force to the neck (I think they tried arguing this point on Tuesday saying that you cannot conclude the force reasonably from the vision.)

Port on tuesday night probably should've argued that this is body contact given the forceful bump was to the chest area which then results in Rankine folding in, making a secondary contact to the neck which wasn't forceful.

The problem with these lawyers started when they allowed Houston to plead guilty on Tuesday. They should have contested the charges first before contesting the penalty. This is the issue if you bring in Lionel Hutz to fight your battles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never mind guys, have just been reading on the Carlton board how they have no need for Houston because they have Nic Newman who's a better player, so no big loss really.

Never mind guys, have just been reading on the Carlton board how they have no need for Houston because they have Nic Newman who's a better player, so no big loss really.
They also said Saad and Docherty are better LOL

And apparently Houston isn't a star of the game even though he's the best Half Back in the competition

Last edited:
The same Newman who was a nobody at Sydney but is a star in VIC. Insert any VIC player that was acquired from Non-VIC clubs.

Victorians really are a special breed and I say that living in Melbourne.

They play extra time now in a GF so he is done for the season.

Once the 4 quarters end, Dan would have fully served his suspension. As the sub, we bring him on in extra time to kick the winner after the siren :cool:

Last edited:
Restraint of Trade issue here...

Dan performed a legal act.
Dan cannot, in a split second, be expected to calculate all possible results of his legal action (e.g. assess a player's weight).
AFL cannot have a rule where an act is legal, but can lead to a harsh punishment, pending the result of that action.
The AFL must ban the bump if they wish to have the option to punish the results of the bump.
Dan's current and future income could be significantly impacted due to the potential to not be a premiership player.
Dan has an exemplary record.

I’ll assume Dan will let the club know his intentions whether he’s staying put, or requests a trade . Being his season has abruptly ended .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back