Ross Lyon- Hate Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
quite rightly looks absolutely baffled at the topic at hand
Haha, duly amended. :D:thumbsu:

lyonbastard2.jpg

When I first heard the news i thought, Ross has done all he can for the club.
BUT as the details come to light it pisses me off more and more!
No respect for the club
No respect for the playing group
F**K you Lyon!

So let me get this straight.

Lyon contacted Fremantle 5 weeks ago without his manager, around the time of our match with Fremantle.
Tells them he will go if the money was right.
Tells the players he's staying.
Season plays out.
Fremantle and Ross Lyon knive Mark Harvey.
While ESP and St Kilda agree to a 4 year contract.
"BRB coaching Fremantle", and jumps on the next plane to Perth.

Those are some dick moves.

Clearly stepped on too many people's toes, fall out is going to huge everywhere. Fremantle is going to be copping heat from all angles you would imagine. Supporters can't be happy.

It's crap! This is reminds me of Bomber last year. Pretty hard to win finals when your coach doesn't want to be there! I hope the Saints flog Freo next year. :mad:

The only loyalty left in footy these days is with us supporters. :thumbsdown:

I don't get it, so is he still technically our coach until the 3 months is up?

How does it work? :confused:
Didn't say anything about coaching, just prevent him from going to Freo. Three months to the day.

Spiteful, but satisfying.

It's crap! This is reminds me of Bomber last year. Pretty hard to win finals when your coach doesn't want to be there! I hope the Saints flog Freo next year. :mad:

The only loyalty left in footy these days is with us supporters. :thumbsdown:

Great post. :thumbsu:

And I agree wholeheartedly with you re loyalty.

Well be interesting to see how Lyon's copes with travelling interstate each week, and facing large hostile crowds in Victoria with about 5 freo supporters at each game.

Hope you guys get a good replacement for coach and 'stick it right up him' as EJ would say.

I don't get it, so is he still technically our coach until the 3 months is up?

How does it work? :confused:

Yeah, he can sit in the corner at Seaford with a PC that's not connected and be stared at all day - and does not work with another club in the meantime.

Alternatively he can give us one of the brown paper bags he got for selling his soul.

To talk about looking after his family was weak. He's earned a very decent living as an assistant for many years, got (at least) $400k a year for 5 years with the Saints (plus bonuses for making the finals, and another bonus for making the GF), and would probably have been on $600k for the next 4 years. Oh, your poor destitute family - I feel so ashamed I thought you were a liar with no integrity, ethics or loyalty.

Hopefully you guys give that smart alec what he deserves when/if Freo play St K. in Melbourne next year.

And may I add, I don't get the bullshit he spun about looking after his family when he'd be on more than nearly all of us on Bigfooty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing him from outside, albiet the Freo press conference, I now kind of realise why ppl outside the Saints couldn't stand him. He does come across as an enormous tool. Lot of Sydney ppl chirping up to now about how they're glad he moved on. Interesting.

Didn't say anything about coaching, just prevent him from going to Freo. Three months to the day.

Spiteful, but satisfying.

If you held him to his 3 month term you would also be unable to appoint a new coach, so he could effectively make all players sit on their arses for 3 months.

Not really great for the interest of the club and the players.

Personal retribution is not good business.

If you held him to his 3 month term you would also be unable to appoint a new coach, so he could effectively make all players sit on their arses for 3 months.

Not really great for the interest of the club and the players.

Personal retribution is not good business.

Not necessarily as its him breaking the contract. If we had used our 6 month clause then yes he could have made us do that, but not when he is the one that walked away from contract....

Seeing him from outside... I now kind of realise why ppl outside the Saints couldn't stand him. He does come across as an enormous tool.
Thank you! If there's one guy I wouldn't want coaching my club it would be this prick. I'd have to put my interest (but not my support) in hibernation until his tenure was over. Your standings as a club are enhanced by his departure IMO.

Seeing him from outside, albiet the Freo press conference, I now kind of realise why ppl outside the Saints couldn't stand him. He does come across as an enormous tool. Lot of Sydney ppl chirping up to now about how they're glad he moved on. Interesting.

It's not a matter of not standing him, I realised I fell for the Ross Lyon 'speak' and I'm a little embarrassed I believed it. :eek:

Interesting his views on loyalty, he manage to galvanise the St Kilda group by being insular and convincing them it was 'us and them'

However now the general football community knows he is more of a 'me and me' will they buy in as unconditionally?

My old man hated Ross Lyon to the point that he stopped (or at least he said he did) supporting saint kilda until "Ross Lyon is gone, and Reiwoldt isn't captain".

Says he doesn't understand loyalty and ruined the good culture of the young players, which I find it hard to disagree with. I remember the days of Luke Ball, Xavier Clarke, Matt Mcguire etc. etc. They were the core, and he delisted Goose for no good reason, and lost Luke Ball. His treatment of Hudghton was terrible, and he has had Reiwoldt as captain over Hayes etc. which I certainly disagree with but so do others.

I still think he is one of the best tactical coaches around, but he definitely has his flaws, and has shown his lack of loyalty with this move.

I really hope the Saints can get a good coach who can not only heal the culture of the club, but maybe get these players to where they really should have gotten.

Not necessarily as its him breaking the contract. If we had used our 6 month clause then yes he could have made us do that, but not when he is the one that walked away from contract....

He hasn't broken the contract though, he's exercised a clause in it. Your mob can do whatever it likes in regards to whatever 6 month clause it has, but the fact remains that if he stays there for 3 months, or whatever else, then you can't hire some1 else to replace him as you can't fill a position that's already occupied.

Best to release him and look forward. As I stated before, holding him for 3 months out of spite just isn't good business.

Looks like our Chairman agrees with you. I'm just listening to the press conference now, and he made it clear that "we don't want to keep anyone here that doesn't want to be here". Also added "Ross was, we are". Was very impressive in his understated way.

Post and let out all your anger at Ross Lyon here. When the going gets tough Ross bitches it. Weak effort RL
I'm not a Saint fan but have family that is and I reckon he is the biggest shyte who ever coached or played AFL, I hate the guy and was glad he went to Freo because for a while there I thought we were going to get him and his boring gameplan.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Looks like our Chairman agrees with you. I'm just listening to the press conference now, and he made it clear that "we don't want to keep anyone here that doesn't want to be here". Also added "Ross was, we are". Was very impressive in his understated way.

I'm glad that scum won't be associated for that extra 3 months now.

I'm not a Saint fan but have family that is and I reckon he is the biggest shyte who ever coached or played AFL, I hate the guy and was glad he went to Freo because for a while there I thought we were going to get him and his boring gameplan.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

From an outsider's perspective, do you reckon Ross was the reason that people seemed to dislike us more then usual as of late?

Bleed for you guys.
But take it from a Cats fan -post Bomber and Gazza; Lyon is a symptom, not the disease!
Move on. Quickly.
Life is much better if you do.

Bleed for you guys.
But take it from a Cats fan -post Bomber and Gazza; Lyon is a symptom, not the disease!
Move on. Quickly.
Life is much better if you do.

Great post Monniehawk.

I don't hate Ross Lyon. I hated the wooden spoons from eras gone by.
Ross did a great job in my opinion. Shame we are flagless for it. That's where the pin-up boys come in.

Were they hungry enough?

The next question to ask is who wants to stay and who wants to go?

Melbourne got 2 for Scully and Footscray got one for Ward.

Are Goddard, Riewoldt or Dal worth 2 draft picks?

Does Scully equal Roo or BJ or Dal? Not a ****en chance!

That's the next question.

Saint for life
CrashTestDummy

P.S. I know this because my ol man grew up barracking for the Saints in Tassie and the rest of his brothers for the Hawks.

But the reason the Dons and Carlton have sixteen flags is because they have ingrained in their club culture few chiefs and many Indians. I just hope we can entrust the new job to someone who has played for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back