Ross Lyon- Hate Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the articles linked in the Inside Football thread tells me that the club were generous to Ross with their congenial response to his departure. Nevertheless, I think that they were probably wise to be this way. I can forsee coach candidates being put off by the club if we engaged in a bitch fight, and I expect that a candidate would probably contact Ross to find out if there was any problem that wasn't apparent from the outside.

You should all thank your lucky stars that you don't live in WA.

Tonight on Ch.10's local sports report there was a feelgood puff piece with Ross talking about his future with Freo. Tim Gossage, who is supposed to be a St Kilda supporter, was sucking up to him and joking around like all the skullduggery and backstabbing last week never happened.

God it's going to be unbearable here putting up with the Ross Lyon WA media lovefest if he starts winning a few games. I used to love the bloke but now I just can't stand the sight of him.

Cut this Thread and forget about the ****, Ive had enough of his latest self serving media, lost all his money in the GFC BULLSHIT, only way tht would happen is if you were a COMPLETE tool.

He is a complete tool, that's why never really warmed to him.

End Thread, **** him off. Let's move on.

Tonight on Ch.10's local sports report there was a feelgood puff piece with Ross talking about his future with Freo. Tim Gossage, who is supposed to be a St Kilda supporter, was sucking up to him and joking around like all the skullduggery and backstabbing last week never happened.

God it's going to be unbearable here putting up with the Ross Lyon WA media lovefest if he starts winning a few games. I used to love the bloke but now I just can't stand the sight of him.

Gossage comes off as a second rate hack

Yeah Gossage is a knob, like a lot of the footy media he thinks he knows more about football than he actually does and that his opinion carries more weight than the rest of us plebs when he mostly talks complete garbage.

He also claims to be a Saints supporter but is quick to jump on the Freo and West Coast bandwagons when they have a bit of success. I wish he would just jump on their bandwagons permanently because I'm embarrassed to be associated with the clown as a fellow Saints supporter.

Why would Ross Lyon expect St Kilda to offer him an unconditional contract back in April. Would he have offered a player a 4 year contract while their form was down? You don't throw bucketloads of money at someone at a point where you're unsure if he's going to get the job done.

Ross is full of himself if he thought he deserved that kind of blind faith, who does he think he is? jesus?

fact is, he didn't get the job done at St Kilda, at the end of the day, they gave him the deal he wanted. If he really was a man of integrity he would've accepted the deal, but he had already thrown a hissy fit at that point. left his players hanging. He didn't achieve the ultimate goal at St Kilda, he'd have to see them through a rebuild, dispose of all the hacks he picked up, at which point the superstars would be at the end of their careers, and its not until they leave and the list is fully refreshed that St Kilda will be back on the way up, but even then, I doubt you will have the class you do now. There's no way Ross Lyon would've survived that process at St Kilda. it's all about self preservation for him

I like freo as a club, but for St Kilda's fans sake, I hope Freo go $hit and Ross is out of a job in 3 years. Don't see it happening but It'd be karma for Ross & Freo

Why would Ross Lyon expect St Kilda to offer him an unconditional contract back in April. Would he have offered a player a 4 year contract while their form was down? You don't throw bucketloads of money at someone at a point where you're unsure if he's going to get the job done.

Ross is full of himself if he thought he deserved that kind of blind faith, who does he think he is? jesus?

fact is, he didn't get the job done at St Kilda, at the end of the day, they gave him the deal he wanted. If he really was a man of integrity he would've accepted the deal, but he had already thrown a hissy fit at that point. left his players hanging. He didn't achieve the ultimate goal at St Kilda, he'd have to see them through a rebuild, dispose of all the hacks he picked up, at which point the superstars would be at the end of their careers, and its not until they leave and the list is fully refreshed that St Kilda will be back on the way up, but even then, I doubt you will have the class you do now. There's no way Ross Lyon would've survived that process at St Kilda. it's all about self preservation for him

I like freo as a club, but for St Kilda's fans sake, I hope Freo go $hit and Ross is out of a job in 3 years. Don't see it happening but It'd be karma for Ross & Freo

and why exactly should he have done that? what does he owe the saints? nothing realy. if Ross was under performing history shows the club would show no "integrity" and stick with him regardless. pure hypocracy. Ross is all about self preservation, and st kilda along with most clubs are no different.

and why exactly should he have done that? what does he owe the saints? nothing realy. if Ross was under performing history shows the club would show no "integrity" and stick with him regardless. pure hypocracy. Ross is all about self preservation, and st kilda along with most clubs are no different.

There's no doubt he made the right decision. When he was linked to the Melbourne gig alot of people (myself included) were saying it'd be in his best interests to move to Melbourne on a 5 year deal.

But don't turn around and take a swipe at the club saying they took too long to sign him back up. That was not the reason he jumped ship, it was just a convenient excuse. Fact is, he knew he was on his last life at St Kilda, he ultimately failed to take a very good list all the way. There's going to be some short-term pain for St Kilda, and he knew he probably wouldn't survive till the end of the contract St Kilda offered. So he jumped ship, and went over to a new club that's on the rise, a club that has underachieved due to an unbelievable injury list, a team that's on the way up (thanks to Harvey). So once again he'll look like an amazing coach, when really, all he did was inherit a good list.

I hope he fails again

History might show that but the factual information shows that the club were well accepting of harsh calls or tough times and attempting to sure up 4+ years, it was just not the timing of Ross' desire, considering it was unconditional and both sides were happy barring the immediate switcheroo.

No doubt this decision was one of self preservation in an industry which has usually and often been ruthless and insecure, but you are living in la la land if you're validating the shift on the basis that the club would have axed him (and paid out the contract like Freo are doing to Harvey) on the back of;

The president stating he'd like him there 10 years plus.
The board offering 4 years unconditional contract 1 week after season ended.
The board are on record as stating they wanted, they would have liked and had no intention of doing anything but having Ross as coach of the club.
The current financial situation being heavily weighed towards gate takings & stadium deals meaning the frivolous waste payouts would be undesirable.

All signs point to the club wishing to retain for the long haul and the coach going "ooh, better deal" and buggering off, no slight to him in that, he's doing what he feels was the best decision to make and showing the ruthelessness needed to get ahead on such an industry, but why would e feel insecure at the club when he swapped managers 3x, told his latest manager to "slow down" (Craig Kelly) and then state that time was an issue because he went behind everyones back in dealing?

Smacks of hypocrisy and pastry goodness. And damnit I want a friggen cupcake and doughnuts.

I reckon there will be an unprecedented amount of interest in Fremantle games for a few weeks next year, just to see how they have changed as a team.

How does "Piss off back to your own forum!!!" sound?...Troll!!...... How about you learn to spell 'hypocrisy' before you try to use it in a sentence, you purple-brained Tool!!.....

I've got no problem with Lyon going to freo for the reported $$$ figures... good on him for securing his financial future...... but when the spin for his departure puts the blame on my club, rather than his mercenary spirit, I'll question his integrity.

He has gone to freo for money... no other reason... He is a Mercenary...and there's no way you can argue otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does "Piss off back to your own forum!!!" sound?...Troll!!...... How about you learn to spell 'hypocrisy' before you try to use it in a sentence, you purple-brained Tool!!.....

I've got no problem with Lyon going to freo for the reported $$$ figures... good on him for securing his financial future...... but when the spin for his departure puts the blame on my club, rather than his mercenary spirit, I'll question his integrity.

He has gone to freo for money... no other reason... He is a Mercenary...and there's no way you can argue otherwise.

Well said BF. :thumbsu:

Yeah Gossage is a knob, like a lot of the footy media he thinks he knows more about football than he actually does and that his opinion carries more weight than the rest of us plebs when he mostly talks complete garbage.

He also claims to be a Saints supporter but is quick to jump on the Freo and West Coast bandwagons when they have a bit of success. I wish he would just jump on their bandwagons permanently because I'm embarrassed to be associated with the clown as a fellow Saints supporter.

I lived out west for a short time.
I would suspect it would be career suicide for anyone in his position not to jump on the Freo , Westcoast bandwagond. Do they still have "Mrs Macs pies, not like the crap they feed the eastern states guys"?

I lived out west for a short time.
I would suspect it would be career suicide for anyone in his position not to jump on the Freo , Westcoast bandwagond. Do they still have "Mrs Macs pies, not like the crap they feed the eastern states guys"?

Yeah that's true, the media people here pretty much have to suck up to West Coast and Freo to keep their jobs.

They still have Mrs Macs pies here, not that they are anything to rave about, the best pies here are the home made ones from the country bakeries.

Yeah that's true, the media people here pretty much have to suck up to West Coast and Freo to keep their jobs.

They still have Mrs Macs pies here, not that they are anything to rave about, the best pies here are the home made ones from the country bakeries.

I know it was just the "eastist " adds got to me.

i am feeling very sorry for you plugger, being in WA, especially since september 15. it is going to quite unbearable swith all the sucking up the media will do over the next number of years. good luck!

thanks for that!

Feel for you guys.

I hope it all falls apart for Ross Lyon overthere that he takes freo to the bottom and leaves with his tail between his legs.

He can never complain if/when he losses players to wanting to move home or head to the GWS. As he is just a money hungry Whore.

Any way you guys will bounce back you always do.

Feel for you guys.

I hope it all falls apart for Ross Lyon overthere that he takes freo to the bottom and leaves with his tail between his legs.

He can never complain if/when he losses players to wanting to move home or head to the GWS. As he is just a money hungry Whore.

Any way you guys will bounce back you always do.

When you look at what has happened to clubs like Fitzory and South Melbourne, it really surprises me that we always do.

And bad Collingwood supporter, stop being not a giant ****, it's confusing :p

When you look at what has happened to clubs like Fitzory and South Melbourne, it really surprises me that we always do.

And bad Collingwood supporter, stop being not a giant ****, it's confusing :p

Difference between those teams and you guys, is your supporters. Everytime something goes wrong it just seems to make your club stronger and that has to be appreciated and admired.

Opps sorry dont want to confuse.

History might show that but the factual information shows that the club were well accepting of harsh calls or tough times and attempting to sure up 4+ years, it was just not the timing of Ross' desire, considering it was unconditional and both sides were happy barring the immediate switcheroo.

No doubt this decision was one of self preservation in an industry which has usually and often been ruthless and insecure, but you are living in la la land if you're validating the shift on the basis that the club would have axed him (and paid out the contract like Freo are doing to Harvey) on the back of;

The president stating he'd like him there 10 years plus.
The board offering 4 years unconditional contract 1 week after season ended.
The board are on record as stating they wanted, they would have liked and had no intention of doing anything but having Ross as coach of the club.
The current financial situation being heavily weighed towards gate takings & stadium deals meaning the frivolous waste payouts would be undesirable.

All signs point to the club wishing to retain for the long haul and the coach going "ooh, better deal" and buggering off, no slight to him in that, he's doing what he feels was the best decision to make and showing the ruthelessness needed to get ahead on such an industry, but why would e feel insecure at the club when he swapped managers 3x, told his latest manager to "slow down" (Craig Kelly) and then state that time was an issue because he went behind everyones back in dealing?

Smacks of hypocrisy and pastry goodness. And damnit I want a friggen cupcake and doughnuts.

no that wasn't my point. i wasn't arguing whether Saints were actually going to sack him, but they would "if" he was under performing. he had taken them to three grand finals, and lost two out of luck. that's not under performing. it's no surprise that they wanted to resign him, but i wouldn't be surprised either if he got the sack like Rodney, and felt they needed some one new. Loyalty doesn't mean much to clubs, so why should it to coaches? although i agree him blaming the saints for him leaving is bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back