Prediction Round 1 2022 Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think Big boy will not be our first ruck or captain in 2022. I feel he will rotate between AFL and VFL after the first few AFL games. Mentoring and supporting a new captain and our developing ruckmen.

B Hardwick Frost Sicily
H Scrimshaw Barrass Jaith
C Day Mitchell Bramble
R Reeves O'Meara Worpel
H Wingard Koschitzke Impey
F Moore Lewis Bruest
I Newcombe, Brockman, Shiels McEvoy

In the mix Jeka, Maginness, Hartigan Downie, Lynch, S.Mitchell, Howe, Morris, Callow, Gunston, Nash, Ward, MacDonald, Butler,

👍 like the group in the mix which will be changing with injuries, form etc throughout the year but we are starting to add depth. Competition for spots in the seniors is going up a level!

Sammy will have plenty of "good" headaches regarding selection.

One big headache is how to fit Jeka in. He's the real deal imho and needs to get a block of AFL games. I'm comforted knowing Sammy rates Jeka.
There will be injuries no doubt.

There will be injuries no doubt.
Unfortunately very true. Particularly as a tall forward.

Lewis has been very unlucky with injury. Kosi plays like a madman who will inevitably get injured at some point. And it would surprise me if Gunston is able to avoid missing any games after all he's been through with that back recovery.

At some stage we could potentially end up seeing a forward line with Jeka, Callow and Sicily. Which on paper looks pretty damn good.

dimma DGB frost
scrim frost sicily
day worpel ward
bruest lewis gunner
brocky kosi wingard
mcveoy omeara mitchell
reeves
shiels
impey
bramble
phillips

dimma DGB frost
scrim frost sicily
day worpel ward
bruest lewis gunner
brocky kosi wingard
mcveoy omeara mitchell
reeves
shiels
impey
bramble
phillips
Hope Shiels get's under 10 games this year, we've got enough experience in that department. Need some more youth in the midfield.

Anyone who has Denver as a KEY defender might want to take another look at the Adelaide and Brisbane games late last year.

Out of his depth against the big boys at this stage. It may happen in time but for now he is more likely an intercept flanker/pocket. (hopefully a dam good one)

I see him being a mix between Jeremy McGovern and Jake Lever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who has Denver as a KEY defender might want to take another look at the Adelaide and Brisbane games late last year.

Out of his depth against the big boys at this stage. It may happen in time but for now he is more likely an intercept flanker/pocket. (hopefully a dam good one)

Agree. I don't understand those who have already replaced Hartigan with DGB. Hartigan is a legitimate key gorilla defender. DGB is way too light at this stage to take that spot.

That’s why I see DGB replacing Frost.

That’s why I see DGB replacing Frost.
Not sure Denver has the speed and strength to play as a shut down defender like Frost. Could he shut down the likes of Charlie Cameron, Jack Reiwolt, Lance Franklin, Jack Darling etc.

I see Denver as more a free wheeling interceptor at this stage. Problem being we have Sis, CJ, and Day who are also suited to this role. Sams puzzle to solve.

Not sure Denver has the speed and strength to play as a shut down defender like Frost. Could he shut down the likes of Charlie Cameron, Jack Reiwolt, Lance Franklin, Jack Darling etc.

I see Denver as more a free wheeling interceptor at this stage. Problem being we have Sis, CJ, and Day who are also suited to this role. Sams puzzle to solve.

Denver tested well for speed and agility IIRC, ran a sub 3 second 20m sprint which means his acceleration off the mark is good for a taller player and his agility test was 5th across all draftees.

Denver's future is almost certainly as a KPD. He needs to bulk up. In the meantime he can play back pocket or hbf and build some experience at AFL level.

FB: Hardwick - Hartigan - DGB
HB: CJ - Frost - Impey - Sicily - Shiels
C: Day - Phillips - Worpel - Newcombe - Mitchell - Nash - Bramble - Howe
HF: Moore - Callow- Koschitzke - Wingard
FF: Bruest - Lewis - Jeka - Gunston
R: McEvoy, Reeves, O’Meara, Mitchell
IC: Brockman, Ward, Maginess, Butler, Scrimshaw,

Done. Easy.

FB: Hardwick - Hartigan - DGB
HB: CJ - Frost - Impey - Sicily - Shiels
C: Day - Phillips - Worpel - Newcombe - Mitchell - Nash - Bramble - Howe
HF: Moore - Callow- Koschitzke - Wingard
FF: Bruest - Lewis - Jeka - Gunston
R: McEvoy, Reeves, O’Meara, Mitchell
IC: Brockman, Ward, Maginess, Butler, Scrimshaw,

Done. Easy.
McDonald stiff to miss out.
Lynch + Morrison as Emergencies, in case one of those 33-odd is injured or gets Concussion.

McDonald stiff to miss out.
Lynch + Morrison as Emergencies, in case one of those 33-odd is injured or gets Concussion.
I considered McDonald, but who goes out for him?

I considered McDonald, but who goes out for him?
True...

It's tough when you're only allowed to name 33 players - there's always going to be some unlucky player that misses out.

You thinking we should trade him now, whilst we have the chance?

True...

It's tough when you're only allowed to name 33 players - there's always going to be some unlucky player that misses out.

You thinking we should trade him now, whilst we have the chance?
Most on here would say trade him for Breust, as we'd get more for him. But we already have a Breust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back