Preview Round 1, 2024: Geelong v St.Kilda - GMHBA Stadium, Saturday 16th March, 7:30PM AEDT *COLLARD, WILSON DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Cats

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 62 71.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong are stuffed personally.
Agree with everything except this part. They’re rebuilding in much the same way we are (without bottoming out) and have a good coach and a top end development system as well.

Yes, they are still heavily dependent on a number of older players like Hawkins, Duncan, Tuohy, & Stanley but do have some very nice young talent coming through.

We just need to execute better on the day.

Looks like Gary Rohan will be out as well with a hamstring.

Did they meet on Tinder?

Kinky I know, but who are we to judge

XHzkEfD.jpeg

Rohan was never going to play Round 1.

He and Guthrie are about the only significant outs though. The Cats will have a pretty near full strength team.

A key question is how good their "oldies" will be this game, and this year? Saturday night we will find out.

Hopefully our better pace, and I hope running ability, will give us the edge.

Last edited:
Think there's more than enough to say we'll improve. King played less than half the season, and another pre-season into the kids like Owens Pou Windhager Nas etc will benefit them. Wilson looks ready to slot straight into the side.

Personally think Nas elevates himself into AA selection. We may have the most dangerous half back duo in the league if Sinclair remains off the HBF too.

We probably only need to become a 2-3 goal better side this year to move into the top four. Defensive metrics are elite, it was our lack of scoring power that did us in last year but if King plays all season he's good for 60-65 goals - the 2-3 goals we need each week to see us push up the ladder.

Geelong are stuffed personally. Port showed who they are last season and seasons before that, they aren't a threat. It's GWS, Brisbane, Collingwood and then it's a toss up for the final spot. Sydney, Melbourne, Carlton and us the four teams that'll probably battle it out for 4th.
No game is easy however we now have the cattle to beat any team and having a lot of players who didn't play much last year like Membery , King , Jones , Clark and the inclusion of Henry , Dow and Bonner with Windhager , Milera and Owens with a couple years under there belt we have a far superior team to what we had last year.

To me we have no excuses if we don't make the 4.
I must add Steele was no where near his best last year after he had that car wreck of a injury with his collar and if he gets back to his best it will be the icing on the cake.

Fully expect to beat the Cats.

No game is easy however we now have the cattle to beat any team and having a lot of players who didn't play much last year like Membery , King , Jones , Clark and the inclusion of Henry , Dow and Bonner with Windhager , Milera and Owens with a couple years under there belt we have a far superior team to what we had last year.

To me we have no excuses if we don't make the 4.
I must add Steele was no where near his best last year after he had that car wreck of a injury with his collar and if he gets back to his best it will be the icing on the cake.

Fully expect to beat the Cats.
Same here, 3-4 goal win at least.

Based on preseason alone it looks like the trajectory of Naz and Owens is going to pick up where it left off.

Darcy Wilson will impress for sure, simply because his game is based on uber elite athleticism and work ethic, a combination that’s really tough to quell.

I think this game will be more dependent on how our seniors perform. Wood has looked a little rusty by foot. Marshall may have some ruck cobwebs to clear out. But everyone else looks good and like they’re ready to compete.

I’m confident we will be competitive on the scoresheet. I think our fitness will give us every chance to run out the game. We just need key players to stay on the park the whole game (Wilkie, Steele, King et al) and a pinch of luck to go our way.

I’m confident about everything except it’s at GMHBA stadium and Geelong can grow another leg there sometimes.

I think Geelong have lost 12 GMHBA In 25 years or something ridiculous so not just another leg. Several.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Geelong have lost 12 GMHBA In 25 years or something ridiculous so not just another leg. Several.
16 games lost since 2007

Shesh
Place is a fortress pretty much

We've won 13 games there since 1941 LOL
Last win was 1999
There's probably some posters on here who weren't born in 1999!

16 games lost since 2007

Shesh
Place is a fortress pretty much

We've won 13 games there since 1941 LOL
Last win was 1999
There's probably some posters on here who weren't born in 1999!
and people here think its going to be easy win. if we win. it should be a great celebration!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back