Preview Round 1, 2024: Geelong v St.Kilda - GMHBA Stadium, Saturday 16th March, 7:30PM AEDT *COLLARD, WILSON DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Cats

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 62 71.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 games lost since 2007

Shesh
Place is a fortress pretty much

We've won 13 games there since 1941 LOL
Last win was 1999
There's probably some posters on here who weren't born in 1999!
I was 9 months old.. is that close enough?

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

16 games lost since 2007

Shesh

Last win was 1999

I remember seeing something that said Freo had been responsible for half of those losses or something crazy.

Our back line looks weak!

Can Mason Wood be drafted into the backline? Val Perovic-like?

16 games lost since 2007

Shesh

Last win was 1999
All teams have there day , I remember them in the 70s and 80s when they when they were known as the handbag team.
That's one thing St Kilda will never be linked too.

Let's just see what happens to them in the next few years , no Dangerfield 34 , Hawkins 36 , Stewart 31, Bilcavs 33, Cameron 31, Duncan 33, Tuohy 34, Guthrie 32 etc , great they are all still playing but being all over 30 they have had there day )- they will need plenty of depth which they don't have.

We have been waiting for them to for off the cliff for years and the time has arrived , they will be lucky to be around 10th at the end of the year if they are lucky.

People seem to be in awe how good they have been and the team has been fantastic but the cupboard bare and they are going to have to find a lot of players to fill positions.

It’s probably worth noting that Geelong are paying $1.50 to our $2.60 with bookies and based on tips on espn footy tips nationwide, 86% of people have picked Geelong to win.

So I’m certainly not expecting it to be an easy 3-4 goal win like many people on here. Particularly if Sincs doesn’t get up to play.

Will be more than happy with any sort of win. I was there in 98 and 99 as a Geelong based saints nuffy 9-10 year old when we won in consecutive years and have only been able to dream of doing it again for the last 25 years

I was there that day in 99. Dennis and KB weren't wrong about how dark it was. We were up behind the goals the way we were kicking. Could hardly see the other end of the ground in the last 10 mins. Bloody enjoyed giving it to the pompous Geelong supporters at the siren.

They are only worse now since they've won their premierships. Sat night would be a great time to finally end our drought down there with a bunch of kids running them ragged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only time I went to Kardinia Park was in 1987. I stood in the outer amongst the barest smattering of Saints fans, and watched us get flogged on a mud heap by 71 points.

Deep in the last quarter we had only kicked 2 goals, and Plugger hardly had a touch. He finally got the ball and slotted our third goal. What a day. Stayed to the bitter end. Thought it disloyal to leave.

One bloke caught my eye that day. Russell Jeffrey. Thought he looked a good player. Not long after I think he went to Brisbane. Pity.

Never fancied going back. So I am naturally fearful of this game. But hopeful….

The only time I went to Kardinia Park was in 1987. I stood in the outer amongst the barest smattering of Saints fans, and watched us get flogged on a mud heap by 71 points.

Deep in the last quarter we had only kicked 2 goals, and Plugger hardly had a touch. He finally got the ball and slotted our third goal. What a day. Stayed to the bitter end. Thought it disloyal to leave.

One bloke caught my eye that day. Russell Jeffrey. Thought he looked a good player. Not long after I think he went to Brisbane. Pity.

Never fancied going back. So I am naturally fearful of this game. But hopeful….
Went there with a mate when we actually won- I think Winmar was playing, not sure what year. We went down a local pub after the game and were kept amused by Geelong supporters who couldn't believe they lost, but were all agreeing they played better on the day and it was only the umpire that got the Saints a win. Haven't been back since.

All teams have there day , I remember them in the 70s and 80s when they when they were known as the handbag team.
That's one thing St Kilda will never be linked too.

Let's just see what happens to them in the next few years , no Dangerfield 34 , Hawkins 36 , Stewart 31, Bilcavs 33, Cameron 31, Duncan 33, Tuohy 34, Guthrie 32 etc , great they are all still playing but being all over 30 they have had there day )- they will need plenty of depth which they don't have.

We have been waiting for them to for off the cliff for years and the time has arrived , they will be lucky to be around 10th at the end of the year if they are lucky.

People seem to be in awe how good they have been and the team has been fantastic but the cupboard bare and they are going to have to find a lot of players to fill positions.

Same issue with Collingwood that the Collingwood friendly media haven't been highlighting all summer but rather talking about back to back.

In actual fact I think their age profile is older, they have 10 premiership players most of which are well over 30.

It's why I predicted the Pies to miss the 8.

It's why Geelong will probably miss again this year as they will need to start a rebuild also along with Collingwood.

Looks like a nice place to watch footy. Would be great if RSEA had the all clear to eventually build on the stand we have and play for premiership points there too. Marvel is a concrete block of nothingness.
I like Marvel. Great place to get to for the footy. I don't have a problem with it. but to each his own.

I was there that day in 99. Dennis and KB weren't wrong about how dark it was. We were up behind the goals the way we were kicking. Could hardly see the other end of the ground in the last 10 mins. Bloody enjoyed giving it to the pompous Geelong supporters at the siren.

They are only worse now since they've won their premierships. Sat night would be a great time to finally end our drought down there with a bunch of kids running them ragged.
I was there too and I think we were kicking into a huge breeze in the last quarter aswell yet ran right over the top of them!

St Kilda is the only one of Geelong's opponents to have scored a century and lost by a century - round 7 1989 Geelong 35.18-228 vs St Kilda 16.13-109 at Kardinia Park.

I was there that day , kinda weird feeling kicking 16 goals and still getting flogged

St Kilda is the only one of Geelong's opponents to have scored a century and lost by a century - round 7 1989 Geelong 35.18-228 vs St Kilda 16.13-109 at Kardinia Park.

I was there that day , kinda weird feeling kicking 16 goals and still getting flogged

Geelong kicked a goal for every 19.75 disposals that year.

The team that kicked the most goals last year (Adelaide) averaged 26.23 disposals per goal.

Geelong kicked a goal for every 19.75 disposals that year.

The team that kicked the most goals last year (Adelaide) averaged 26.23 disposals per goal.
I raise you

In three matches in 1899, Geelong scored 51.53.359 vs St Kilda 3.16-34.

How depressing is that , thank f-ck I wasn't around then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back