Preview Round 1, 2024: Geelong v St.Kilda - GMHBA Stadium, Saturday 16th March, 7:30PM AEDT *COLLARD, WILSON DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Cats

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 62 71.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I remember seeing something that said Freo had been responsible for half of those losses or something crazy.
So... Ross TB.
Well that's not a bad thing.

There's nothing like the innocent optimism of pre-season. Hate to bring the mood down but I think we're getting a reality check on Saturday.

Geelong's list is definitely wavering a bit - half their Top 10 B&F from 2023 are over 30 and included three of their five oldest players (plus Smith who polled 10th retired). So there are legit questions about the talent they have coming through.

However, that's going to be an issue as the season goes on and players like Hawk and probably Danger (and others) need to be managed; however they'll be very seasoned right now and very difficult to beat imo.

Interesting stat from Champion Data that StKilda is the best team moving from Deep in Defensive 50 into Fwd 50 last year. Top 6 on this stat have been premiers last 10 years.

Adding Henry and Wilson and Dow even Jones is only going to add more speed in transition to help forward entries and increase one on ones.

Buckle up and let's see what it brings

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting stat from Champion Data that StKilda is the best team moving from Deep in Defensive 50 into Fwd 50 last year. Top 6 on this stat have been premiers last 10 years.

Adding Henry and Wilson and Dow even Jones is only going to add more speed in transition to help forward entries and increase one on ones.

Buckle up and let's see what it brings

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Where did you hear/see that mate?

Inb4 George says ChAmPiOn DaTa

We only won 5 games that season - what on earth happened this day?
Too long ago to remember. But looking at the stats it wasn't the usual players who stood out. Greg Burns, Joffa & Daryl Cunningham, Paul Morwood & Silvio Foschini (thanks syderney) all appear to have had good games.
Team effort?
Screenshot_20240313_130507_Chrome.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got my hair cut in Little Malop Street.

Almost finished when Tom Hawkins enters the shop and sits down in the chair beside me.

So many sharp blades in the vicinity but I couldn’t bring myself to finish him off.

Saints will just have to beat him on the field

Same issue with Collingwood that the Collingwood friendly media haven't been highlighting all summer but rather talking about back to back.

In actual fact I think their age profile is older, they have 10 premiership players most of which are well over 30.

It's why I predicted the Pies to miss the 8.

It's why Geelong will probably miss again this year as they will need to start a rebuild also along with Collingwood.
Well could be the case , last year all the veterans stood up , to bet on them doing it again is a stretch.

Just got my hair cut in Little Malop Street.

Almost finished when Tom Hawkins enters the shop and sits down in the chair beside me.

So many sharp blades in the vicinity but I couldn’t bring myself to finish him off.
Doc....you could have just channeled your inner Sweeny Todd.

And just casually walked out.

We certainly wouldn't tell anything to anyone....!!!!!!

;)

Popped Corn posted some absolute horror stats yesterday on our nightmarish record at the Cattery.

Incredible to think that we have only won 13 times at that venue since the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour.

Let that sink in.

Incredible.

Popped Corn posted some absolute horror stats yesterday on our nightmarish record at the Cattery.

Incredible to think that we have only won 13 times at that venue since the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour.

Let that sink in.

Incredible.
That's nothing, do you know we've won there one time since I was being taught by Gayle in my first and second year at primary school?

Let THAT sink in.

That's nothing, do you know we've won there one time since I was being taught by Gayle in my first and second year at primary school?

Let THAT sink in.
George.........gee.......that really is a sobering thought when you put it that way.

It sort makes Pearl Harbour pale into insignificance.....lol

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back