Game Day Round 1 Geelong v Adelaide Sat Mar 20 4:35 pm @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
fu** these rule changes have killed us. The ground couldn't be bigger, can't do sh*t to stop anything on the lead.
Nothing we can do to change the rules, our strategy must change to adapt. Or create a New strategy to contest the rule + use it to our advantage.

I’m glad you’re singling out one kid out of the whole team

like I said this board loves laying into the whipping Boys, he’s hardly ever in the side but hey he’s the sole reasons we are done by six goals
He wouldn’t even be in the top 5 reasons we are getting done. Neither is Hawkins.

Ruck and midfield. All of them bar Parfitt and Joel are putting in putrid efforts. No composure, no pressure on Adelaide. Miers has been rubbish as well.

I’m glad you’re singling out one kid out of the whole team

like I said this board loves laying into the whipping Boys, he’s hardly ever in the side but hey he’s the sole reasons we are done by six goals right?

that’s right focus your rage on a player thats hardly in the side ...it really shows you know what you’re talking about
He didn’t say he was the sole reason now did he?

A lot of this is on the coach and match committee.

Cute arrogant selections
Don't think a few selection changes would make much of a difference, but those decisions were perhaps reflective of a poor attitude.

The main problems are: the system we are trying to employ is just not working, the gameplan is falling apart; a lot of players look very slow and there should be real concern about that in relation to the age of many players. The risk of retaining and bringing in so many old players is that if their respective age-induced deterioration converges, you're in for a rough time.

He wouldn’t even be in the top 5 reasons we are getting done. Neither is Hawkins.

Ruck and midfield. All of them bar Parfitt and Joel are putting in putrid efforts. No composure, no pressure on Adelaide. Miers has been rubbish as well.
I think the biggest thing is fitness and the amount of space we are giving them and lack of pressure we are applying due to not being able to keep up with them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The new man-on-the-mark rule isn't going to help us this year.

Because we simply refused to adapt to it.
If we did change to suit the rules we'd find outselves in a fortuitous situation, but we haven't so we won't.

There's 3 players out there giving a genuine effort and contributing, Stanley in the ruck, Guthrie and Parfitt (even accounting a few mistakes).
That's it. The rest of them are either picking and choosing or simply refusing to work as hard as their opponent, Kolo and Hawkins prime ****ing examples.

I called this during the Essendon match and the pro-Scott idiots jumped on me with "ItS jUsT a PrAcTiSe MaTcH" but Scotts gameplan didn't stack up in finals last year, doesn't stack up against Richmond, and is showing up as absolute dog shit right now.

Essendon had they kicked straight would have smashed us by 10 goals the other week. We got lucky they couldn't hit the side of a barn.

Adelaide aren't even kicking ridiculous goals. They are playing on through the middle, working hard than us, and it gives them easier shots from in front.

Scotts game plan is now absolutely dead and buried. Not that the Pro-Scott brigade will admit that. But teams are just going to go up the corridor and suddenly our amazing defense that relied on numbers back is negated easily, and trash to mediocre defenders like Bews and Kolo are getting a football lesson. From Adelaide.

Get used to it folks, teams are going to score on us VERY easy for the first 5 games until the coaches do something dramatic with the game plan.

The arrogance of the Geelong Football Club reigns supreme. They never turned up expecting to have to play anywhere near their best to win, therefore are having their pants pulled down by a bunch of hard working kids.

Everyone picking on certain positions, whether it be key positions forward or back, don't waste your time. The mentality of both sides right now is so far apart, it's a complete throw-away at this point in time. The effort going both ways is on two different levels.

to say i am disappointed us an understatement.
They are pretenders
  • pathetic
  • undisciplined
  • stagnate
  • no run
  • lazy
7 goals in that quarter kicked by a team of kids.
The whole team is playing shite.

Geelong usually come home, just loose and say we were great.
I do not think they can even do that.

PS Two hints:
* Can Hawkins try to play in front
^ Next game play Constable. We have to refresh our team.

Yep, agree, we're the team most negatively impacted by the rule changes. I suspect the effect the rules have had on us will be running narrative through the rest of the season.

Not sure what the way forward is for us. We have to invent a new way to clog up the ball movement which doesn't include running.

Well we know Scott has his favourites, time to see if he can take that bias out of his coaching. O'connor and Zuthrie are empty shells, not much more to be said, they shouldnt be getting games for us if we are serious about a flag. Not sure how you can leave Henry out when you're playing one of those two. Evans comes in for Miers next week. Probably time to play Narkle as well. Gotta question Kolo at this point, with Taylor going it means more responsibility for him and he might not be up to it, at least not if he is being played as a lockdown defender.

We are also easy to play against, pressure the ball carrier and take away the space and we can be beaten by anyone. It's the way Richmond play us and every other team has learnt to copy them.

....Oh this isnt the post match thread? Shit sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back