Game Day Round 1 - Geelong v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
would be nice if we played structurally correct instead of playing 4 tall defenders + Mackie and the useless Kersten

Agreed.

Also if you are going to handball through the middle,make sure if you turn it over the last player goalside of the zone is not a tall,it should always be guthrie due to his closing speed,not taylor or henderson.
That happened far too often that quarter. Surge forward fumble or bad handpass. Dead in the water on the turnover.

I don't think he did. I reckon they saved him
That was what I was wondering

But seems Stanley is starting there again so hopefully nothing more too it

Gregson having a shocker, Murdoch not far behind him, Jimmy running on fumes.

I still think we should get up, but it will need a few to stand up and show some dare and coolness

lol ok then me negative I know who's having a better life out of us two

Enjoy your "reality"

The reality is that we've had a tendency to fadeout after half-time for years. In the past, we've gotten out to good starts against sides, looked the goods, and they've reeled us back in very quickly. It's impossible to beat Hawthorn playing like this because they can score so quickly and so efficiently and play games out to the final minute. This is why Geelong needed to create a very big buffer early with their dominance in the first half. I said all of this in the first quarter. I don't think I'm being negative; I think I'm making realistic predictions and keeping my expectations framed by reality based on what I've seen from these two sides in the past.

The handball happy stuff works when the fuel is in the tank.

when the gas is gone, you have to kick long down the lines.

4 times we had momentum going our way and turned it over with fumbles and mistakes by hand and it wnet back the other way with LONG kicks.

Its easier to kick it long than run it short...

Must play BOTH ways...

GO Catters
Agreed. A few times we tried to chop through and just got caught with our pants down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kdlang.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back