AFL Autopsy Round 10: 15 Point Loss To Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond basically choked us into submission for the 6th time in a row. Very disappointed as that was a winnable game.

I'm shocked to see Zaka getting votes in the MVP thread. He made far too many errors.

He was definitely one of our better players, 35 touches, 6 tackles, 6 inside 50's and 22 pressure acts. There were far more worse than him.

Conceding 71-42 inside 50s while winning the clearances is a joke really. Our ball movement from defence is atrocious
Couldn't agree more. It's a real concern that we keep getting torched on inside 50's. we need to give our forwards more supply. The poor back men are just getting repeat entries.

People wanting Zaharakis dropped? He wasn't bad. So many players that were worse.
As I said in the game day thread, he was shithouse. But he's been good the last few weeks prior to this match so shouldn't get the chop off the back of this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond were well structured tonight. They set up really well defensively and didn't turn it over as much as us. They found space in their back half much better and found something extra at the end.

Several blokes would be embarrassed by their output tonight. I don't need to name them as it's fairly obvious who but they each have credits in the bank. You give these blokes a chance to use their pride to bounce back. You might consider Leuey, Langford and Howlett for a spot next week but I wouldn't omit too many.

If Tippa had've nailed that snap in the goal square we might even have snatched it. Ahh well. The positives are that we are seriously competitive and there were no injuries.

But Hooker
Ok now that I've calmed down, surely we can end this Hooker playing forward experiment? Just send him back where he can actually have an impact.
Tonight showed or backline can do its job quite well without Hooker at this point. I know something was really off tonight, something seems to have happened to the glue that used to be on his hands but his role in the forward line is more than just scoring goals. Again I think we try and move past this game asap without making huge knee jerk changes

He was definitely one of our better players, 35 touches, 6 tackles, 6 inside 50's and 22 pressure acts. There were far more worse than him.
Nice stats but made too many errors.

Disagree. They've been one of the better teams so far this season. Bad at closing out games but you have only to see how they set up tonight to see their ability to follow through with a game plan. Jack's goal in last Q was huge for their confidence. Ability is there. (Of course I hope there's a huge slide in the second half of the season.)

Good teams win those games they lost. Especially with the leads they had. They are no where near contending not sure you can called them good if they arent. Also if Richmond are good than so are we by your definition, but that is simply not true.

C'mon man out Zaka???? He had 35 touches and a goal. He was our only effective player on the outside after the first quarter. He is so far from getting dropped its not even funny.
35 touches and about 30 turnovers.

Oddly not even mad.

We have a lot of quality on this list now, but there's glaring passengers we need to deal with.

A few uncharacteristic games from some.

Colyer is a front running squib who cannot kick.

Gotta keep developing and moving forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy Round 10: 15 Point Loss To Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back