Round 10 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
umLst6F.jpg

How essential is getting Selwood guys? To get him I'd have to trade Polec which seems daft after holding him next week. I might be more prudent to hold him for a few more weeks and get SJ. Just slightly worried that Selwood monsters it from here on in and then being behind the eight ball since so many teams are bringing him in now.

On the plus side not getting him makes my team less boring. If Big Faz doesn't come get picked I'll probably trade him to Harvey.

View attachment 57624

1 trade left this round. 255k in the bank. Hoping to bring in someone who can score at least 100 points.

My trade out options are Llyod(36 - Bye), Billings(37 BE-Bye) or Crouch (BE 79 - Playing)

What do you guys think? Also what are everyone's thoughts on Griffen @ 498k?

Depends what line you think needs strengthening, and if you want to do it cheaply. For DEF, maybe consider Matthew Jaensch? MIDs I would keep monitoring Griff, I'm not sold on him - prehaps also consider JStevens and Goddard in same price range? Or wait for SJ to bottom out?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-20/in-the-mix-round-10

The Suns are likely to welcome back classy half-back Kade Kolodjashnij to the team for Sunday's home match against the Western Bulldogs. Kolodjashnij missed last weekend's 38-point win over St Kilda with a knee problem, but is expected to be right to take on the Dogs.

umLst6F.jpg

How essential is getting Selwood guys? To get him I'd have to trade Polec which seems daft after holding him next week. I might be more prudent to hold him for a few more weeks and get SJ. Just slightly worried that Selwood monsters it from here on in and then being behind the eight ball since so many teams are bringing him in now.

On the plus side not getting him makes my team less boring. If Big Faz doesn't come get picked I'll probably trade him to Harvey.
I grabbed Selwood this week for Tyson. Was in the same position to yourself as i didn't want to trade Dom but Selwood from here will be better then Tyson, plus his bye, it just makes sense. Your right, offing Polec after keeping him through his bye is daft but it's an upgrade to a proven gun who will net you more points from here(Same position to myself with Tyson). I think Selwood will score more than SJ from here as SJ should be copping the tag once he returns. Fas>Harvey is a great trade! As for "not getting Selwood makes your team less boring", I wouldn't worry too much about that. With players like Elliott,Cox,Ward,Goddard,Walker your team has a few POD's already running around and actually looks quite solid. Selwood will only add to those strengths

I grabbed Selwood this week for Tyson. Was in the same position to yourself as i didn't want to trade Dom but Selwood from here will be better then Tyson, plus his bye, it just makes sense. Your right, offing Polec after keeping him through his bye is daft but it's an upgrade to a proven gun who will net you more points from here(Same position to myself with Tyson). I think Selwood will score more than SJ from here as SJ should be copping the tag once he returns. Fas>Harvey is a great trade! As for "not getting Selwood makes your team less boring", I wouldn't worry too much about that. With players like Elliott,Cox,Ward,Goddard,Walker your team has a few POD's already running around and actually looks quite solid. Selwood will only add to those strengths

Good points :thumbsu:

There's a lot of merit in both sides of the coin and it comes down to whether upgrading Polec to Selwood now would yield more points than bolstering up the forward line (which is clearly my weakest line). If Polec maintains his average it would work out better since I still have a few gimps like Lloyd and Cameron on the field in my forwards. My next target is Harvey and I'm struggling to him this week due to his ridiculous score and JKH's big 25. He's also likely to get a less than average score against Geelong so perhaps waiting a week there wouldn't hurt either.

In general I try to get as many PODs as possible, makes things more interesting :p

I've got 438k leftover with 1 trade available this week. I've basically only got 4 rookies worth upgrading in KK, Langdon, Polec and Crouch. So should I upgrade Crouch this week to a premo or downgrade Crouch this week to Shenton and have 600k in the bank to upgrade when new rookies peak in price. Otherwise I would have to downgrade Salem to Shenton next week and only pocket 50k, as downgrading Polec to Shenton I don't think would be worth it.

Firstly, killer choice to hang onto Tyson - I think it's quite evident to all on here that it was the correct call (hindsight, it blows...). If I still had him, I would ride him out pretty much all season man - showing some extremely impressive form. No need to move him on right now. The alternative argument is to strike now and bring in a top-tier premo - probably give you a rankings kick (though with him playing this way, by how much?) at the expense of addition capital/ trade flexibility, it's a matter of preference really.

JKH could be, yes. The big concern that everyones got here I think is the fact Roo's has shown a regular interest in vesting him, which will ultimately limit any further earning potential. With the price some of the FWD premos have bottomed out with (some still going...), I don't see to point in running him as an F6 (and vest risk). And it's a lot of cash to be sitting on your bench when a number of FWD rookies have presented (Cameron, Shelton, Lennon...).

Ultimately, your choosing between holding those big-cash rookies and bring in a Pendles/ SJ (SJ wait for the drop naturally...). Remember, everyone's team is getting stronger - you've got to match it to stay competitive, which means liquidating assest - so where's the money going to come from?...

Thanks for your thoughts Gribnoor and Brave...

After upgrading Polec and McRae last week to Selwood and Sloane I was always going to keep tyson due to his bye, lower BE and cashing the extra points during Polec/McRae Byes - however keeping Tyson until then end hadn't occured to me... Was always going to get rid of him when he hit around 500K to an Ebert or Ward type of top 10-15 midfielder. Does anyone think Tyson has the tank for a full season of 95-100 average?

As for Pendles the only way I could see him joining the team would be upgrading Swan or an injury to Beams/Swan. I know the three guns from one teams midfield theory has been discussed however I dont want all three. Upgrade targets are Ward (who I could get with a three trades), Watson (after his bye), Ebert (emerging gun who tanked at West Coast) and SJ (once he bottoms out) so it does make sense to move on Robertson now with his enormous BE however I remain on the fence with JKH and definitely can't move on crouch yet... I think JKH could play 3-4 in a row without the vest - and you could argue he's played better than Salem who is similarly placed in the food chain...

I guess the big question is whether to trade out guys who aren't playing in Robertson/JKH for guys who aren't on the bubble yet in Cameron/Shenton/Lennon/C Beams... Seems overly risky for the sake of upgrading a week or two early?

I've got 438k leftover with 1 trade available this week. I've basically only got 4 rookies worth upgrading in KK, Langdon, Polec and Crouch. So should I upgrade Crouch this week to a premo or downgrade Crouch this week to Shenton and have 600k in the bank to upgrade when new rookies peak in price. Otherwise I would have to downgrade Salem to Shenton next week and only pocket 50k, as downgrading Polec to Shenton I don't think would be worth it.

I hate myself for trading Langdon-Swan... He's a keeper and his DPP is gold...

Taylor > Dal santo
JKH > Cameron
Dunstan > Hartung

leaves me with 190k left to get Jobe in next week

thoughts?

Haha where did you find that? Can't seem to find it/Don't seem to have it:confused:

At the bottom of the reply there are emoticons and cards, its in the cards section :thumbsu::thumbsdown::hearts::diamonds::spades::clubs::footy::rainbow::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

umLst6F.jpg

I'm also having the Selwood Vs Harvey debate with myself this week. I guess it really comes down to current team balance. In your case your M8 Polec is averaging 97 while your F4 ,F5 & F6 are currently averaging 84, 84 & 71. So for your 'current' team moving Lloyd to F7 and replacing him on field with Harvey for instance would potentially be more beneficial for overall team score than replacing Polec with Selwood.

So, need a bit of advice as i am 1,000 different minds on what to do.
currently ranked 136 so trying to move up as well
Team currently is:

Mcveigh, Swallow, Hooker, Jaensch, Suckling, Langdon (Langford/Cutler)
GAJ, Pendles, Watson, Beams, Swan, Libba, Polec, Tyson (Cunningham/Acres)
Sandi, Jacobs (Derrickx, Thurlow)
Danger, Martin, Zorko, Roughead, Higgins, Lloyd (JKH/Impey)

19 Trades - $266,300 in bank

So thinking i need to get a forward with a few under performers and outs this week
looking at
JKH to Gray
Cunningham to ROOKIE (Hartung, ??)

not sure on that second trade really ... any ideas?

would like Selwood but tyson and polec are ok for my final 2 mid spots for a while yet and i want a forward and then a defender in a week

So, need a bit of advice as i am 1,000 different minds on what to do.
currently ranked 136 so trying to move up as well
Team currently is:

Mcveigh, Swallow, Hooker, Jaensch, Suckling, Langdon (Langford/Cutler)
GAJ, Pendles, Watson, Beams, Swan, Libba, Polec, Tyson (Cunningham/Acres)
Sandi, Jacobs (Derrickx, Thurlow)
Danger, Martin, Zorko, Roughead, Higgins, Lloyd (JKH/Impey)

19 Trades - $266,300 in bank

So thinking i need to get a forward with a few under performers and outs this week
looking at
JKH to Gray
Cunningham to ROOKIE (Hartung, ??)

not sure on that second trade really ... any ideas?

would like Selwood but tyson and polec are ok for my final 2 mid spots for a while yet and i want a forward and then a defender in a week

Suckling > Bartel this week would also improve your team.

I hate myself for trading Langdon-Swan... He's a keeper and his DPP is gold...
Yeah I don't want to trade either of Langdon or Polec anytime soon, just wondering what I do with Crouch do I downgrade him this week to Shenton or do I upgrade him to a premo? If I downgrade him it leaves me with 600k but if I upgrade him I only make 17k off Salem > Shenton and whatever is leftover after upgrading Crouch.

Suckling > Bartel this week would also improve your team.
Suckling BE is 67 ... i just don't like trading players during the bye weeks if they are playing.

Suckling/Langdon is my next upgrade .. Bartel the most likely in.
but i think that can wait.

Any ideas on who to go to from Cunningham? He's maxed out but just cant figure out who to get.. can get Cameron by Putting Gray/Martin in Mids for this week
then swapping him back to forwards next week and upgrading higgins?
decisions..

Suckling BE is 67 ... i just don't like trading players during the bye weeks if they are playing.

Suckling/Langdon is my next upgrade .. Bartel the most likely in.
but i think that can wait.

Any ideas on who to go to from Cunningham? He's maxed out but just cant figure out who to get.. can get Cameron by Putting Gray/Martin in Mids for this week
then swapping him back to forwards next week and upgrading higgins?
decisions..

I'd wait until just before the Hawthorn game and if he isn't sub, I'd go Cunners>Hartung. On the bubble B/E -28 Hawks a lot of injuries. He'll make money right away. Disregard this post if he's the Sub though.

I'm also having the Selwood Vs Harvey debate with myself this week. I guess it really comes down to current team balance. In your case your M8 Polec is averaging 97 while your F4 ,F5 & F6 are currently averaging 84, 84 & 71. So for your 'current' team moving Lloyd to F7 and replacing him on field with Harvey for instance would potentially be more beneficial for overall team score than replacing Polec with Selwood.

Indeed. I don't think it's a given that Polec maintains his average, the cows can drop off rather quickly. Then again he could come back back from the bye rejuvenated and dominate again. I think I'll trade big Faz to Harvey if he doesn't play and keep Polec. If Fasolo is named then it's mighty tempting to go Polec to Selwood.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ. That's one hell of a team.

Laidler to Cameron (swap swallow back and Taylor to mids), Hallahan to Jelwood if enough cash.

Otherwise, Higgo to Cameron, Laidler to Jelwood (Swallow back) - in fact that's probably better.
I don't really want to trade Higgins yet.

My latest trade thought is Laidler > Hartung and Acres > Cameron.

Leaves me with 200k, next week Langford > Bews and 400k to go Taylor > Barlow and Higgins > Parker in the coming weeks.

Hi, Long time reader, first time poster.

Just after a bit of general advice gents. First time taking SC seriously and need to start winning some games!

Have $572k in the bank and am looking at making the following trades:
Dawson (I know, I wasn't thinking) > Swallow
Robertson > J. Selwood
J Merrett (Yep, picked the wrong brother) > Cameron.

So would go from this:
SC Team Rd 9.jpg

to this:
SC Team Rd 10.jpg

I know there's still a lot of upgrades needed but do you think this is the right path?
If so, anywhere in particular I should look to cull in Rd 11? (Thinking Morris needs to go and could pick up Bartel with a Jamar downgrade)

Or should I be looking at different trades this week?

Thanks in advance,
H64.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back