Round 10 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Hoping for wise advice from the masters..

My team is:
Swallow, Hooker, Fletcher, Burgoyne, Jaensch, Langdon, (Tippett, Clurey)
Ablett, Pendles, Beams, Wines, Murphy, Liberatore, Polec, Kelly (Acres, Cunningham)
Sandilands, McEvoy (Thurlow, Currie)
Dangerfield, Pavlich, Zorko, Fasolo, Higgins, Taylor (S.Lloyd, Ambrose)

15 trades left. $245K in bank.

I know that my forward line is weak but am concerned about number of trades left. Not doing great this season so only going for league win.

Wanting to trade Cunningham this week and bring in FWD premo, I am thinking I have 2 options.

1. Cunningham OUT > Harvey or Breust IN (via taylor or Zorko dpp)
2. Cunningham OUT + Clurey OUT > Gray IN + downgrade currie/thurlow to $102K ruck

Which option is best or am I missing something else?

Woops - got sidetracked on option 2: should be:

2. Cunningham OUT > Gray IN + downgrade currie/thurlow to $102K ruck

just a thought; will selwood and harvey score more than the 2 players you're trading out combined with whoever will be your 18th player?
Selwood's coming in either way (for Rioli).

Polec + Player 18 on the field will get me about 75 points more than Harvey in Rd 10.

But Harvey will outscore player 18 by about 15 ppg. So after 5 weeks I will have made up the 75 points (plus any little bonus Harvey wants to throw in there by exploding against Richmond, Adelaide, Melbourne or Brisbane).

Meanwhile I've saved at least $55K by getting Harvey in immediately.

Decision made :thumbsu:

I'd be trying to upgrade Georgiou ASAP so you aren't forced to play Bews/Aylett @ D6. You can hold Lloyd and Langford a few more weeks as they have more money to make. Much money in the bank?
120k. Only reason I want to trade Lloyd and Langford is so I can get Swallow ASAP and get Cameron when he is on the bubble and looks like a solid bench option

People will think I'm crazy but I've changed my mind.

Instead of:
Dunstan -> Jelwood, Kelly -> Boomer and Ambrose -> Cameron (and getting Gray later), I'm going to swallow my pride on mistakenly bringing in SJ last week and go:

SJ -> Jelwood
Kelly -> Boomer
Dunstan -> Gray

Allows me to let Ambrose moo a little bit more and pick up SJ again later, cheaper, whilst avoiding his price drop and donut this week. Unfortunately it finally means I have a trade I regret :(

Winning :thumbsu:

Instead of:
Dunstan -> Jelwood, Kelly -> Boomer and Ambrose -> Cameron (and getting Gray later), I'm going to swallow my pride on mistakenly bringing in SJ last week and go:

SJ -> Jelwood
Kelly -> Boomer
Dunstan -> Gray

Allows me to let Ambrose moo a little bit more and pick up SJ again later, cheaper, whilst avoiding his price drop and donut this week. Unfortunately it finally means I have a trade I regret :(

Taking your cues from JM I see.

Instead of:

SJ -> Jelwood
Kelly -> Boomer
Dunstan -> Gray

Lol i know of a few ppl will enjoy these sj trades :p

Instead of:

SJ -> Jelwood
Kelly -> Boomer
Dunstan -> Gray

great ballsy moves, will check back in 12hrs to see if anything has changed;)

Current team is

Swallow, Hibberd, Simpson, Burgoyne, Hurn, Langford (Gardiner, Cameron)
GAJ, Pendles, Beams, Libba, Watson, Swan, M.Murphy, Polec (Langdon, Acres)
Sandi, Jacobs (Currie, King)
Danger, Parker, Zorko, Pav, Martin, Lloyd (Ambrose, Taylor)

+100k.

Thinking of Polec -> Selwood, Taylor -> Ambrose and possibly Cameron -> Hartung too.

Woops - got sidetracked on option 2: should be:

2. Cunningham OUT > Gray IN + downgrade currie/thurlow to $102K ruck

Boomer from here looks good from here.. After the Cats they have some games where he could score huge again.
get the old geezer in!

Current team is

+100k.

Thinking of Polec -> Selwood, Taylor -> Ambrose and possibly Cameron -> Hartung too.

Your midfield is stacked already - if you're going for Overall ... get Selwood in i suppose
Otherwise if trades are less than 15 and only going for League ... i think Selwood isn't needed atm - yes he is cheap but Polec as M8 for a little bit isn't bad.

I would look at getting Gray/Boomer for Taylor and top up your forward line
and get Langdon into your defence on the field instead of Langford if you can.

Instead of:

SJ -> Jelwood
Kelly -> Boomer
Dunstan -> Gray

not crazy just a bit unfortunate but you gotta play the cards you're dealt

unless im reading it wrong you've actually strengthened your team and Cameron can and probably should wait another week anyway

Current team is

+100k.

What about Clay Cameron to Crow Cameron, Langdon back to def where you need him, Taylor to mids for dpp purposes and bring in Crow Cameron

Then go Polec to Jelwood

Allows next week for Langford or Gardiner to Bews
And potentially lloyd to a gun fwd you like or bring in Shenton / Lennon somewhere if required

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your midfield is stacked already - if you're going for Overall ... get Selwood in i suppose
Otherwise if trades are less than 15 and only going for League ... i think Selwood isn't needed atm - yes he is cheap but Polec as M8 for a little bit isn't bad.

I would look at getting Gray/Boomer for Taylor and top up your forward line
and get Langdon into your defence on the field instead of Langford if you can.

Langdon will be going back one way or another. It's an interesting one whether to upgrade the mids or forwards first, I can understand where you're coming from but I feel Selwood has a higher ceiling. Oh and I am going for overall (248th currently).

Langdon will be going back one way or another. It's an interesting one whether to upgrade the mids or forwards first, I can understand where you're coming from but I feel Selwood has a higher ceiling. Oh and I am going for overall (248th currently).

then try toxics idea:D

What about Clay Cameron to Crow Cameron, Langdon back to def where you need him, Taylor to mids for dpp purposes and bring in Crow Cameron

Then go Polec to Jelwood

Allows next week for Langford or Gardiner to Bews
And potentially lloyd to a gun fwd you like or bring in Shenton / Lennon somewhere if required

I like your thinking.

not crazy just a bit unfortunate but you gotta play the cards you're dealt

unless im reading it wrong you've actually strengthened your team and Cameron can and probably should wait another week anyway
You're probably right. Means I'll have to pick up Cameron and Shenton next week when I really wanted to pick up Jaensch while he's still <400k. Why o why don't we have three trades each week :(

Gingy what trades are you doing?

your gingerbread men are stumbling all over the place

PS - welcome back BUD

Thanks bud, missed you too. Hope Mrs G wasn't too much of a pain to have around in my absence. :rainbow:

ATM I'm thinking...

Suckling > Docherty (Ave 80 B/E: 8)
Acres > Cameron Crow
NRoo > Selwood

then next week
Dunstan > Shenton
Taylor > Harvey/Gray

LOL what he did to Roughead was the dumbest shit of all time.

Not as dumb as what some other people have done on here.

I've explained why I did what I did.

Was a pure rage trade on my part, I do one almost every year. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back