Preview Round 11- Changes vs the now defeated Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s simple, he is too slow and soft. Truth isn’t popular in here most often he time.

He isn’t good enough to play in this midfield decent minutes and then is too slow to play anywhere else. On a wing he would get torched for speed time and time again. His work rate and second efforts are another issue.

Kid knows how to get the footy and has very good disposal but he is a passenger in this team, hence his inability to hold a spot and let’s not forget he is ONLY playing due to injuries
Normally I agree with most of your posts but feel you are too harsh on him. I have paid close attention at the games this year and his run and work rate especially running into the backline to cover his opponent has been good and his tacking pressure has improved. I feel this however he is so focused on this aspect that he is now not playing his natural game and it impacting his numbers and output. He is not quick and lacks explosiveness but would be similar to dunks in that regard. When everyone is back i cannot see him holding his spot but should be given and extended run while both dunks and adz is out. His ceiling is high so is worth persevering with.

Normally I agree with most of your posts but feel you are too harsh on him. I have paid close attention at the games this year and his run and work rate especially running into the backline to cover his opponent has been good and his tacking pressure has improved. I feel this however he is so focused on this aspect that he is now not playing his natural game and it impacting his numbers and output. He is not quick and lacks explosiveness but would be similar to dunks in that regard. When everyone is back i cannot see him holding his spot but should be given and extended run while both dunks and adz is out. His ceiling is high so is worth persevering with.

My biggest concern with him is his inability to play anywhere but midfield. Let’s not forget he has been dropped or sub half the times this year and his last game was average so I’m a little surprised he is back in tonight.

I don’t dislike the kid but he isn’t getting game time in this midfield and he is a very very poor wing player imo.

His lack of hardness really concerns me, especially as an inside mid and his lack of effort to chase has at times been bordering on pathetic.

I understand he has some tools but if not in the midfield I see him as a liability anywhere else. Let’s hope he proves me wrong hey

Last edited:
My biggest concern with him is his inability to play anywhere but midfield. Let’s not forget he has been dropped or sub half the times this year and his last game was average so I’m a little surprised he is back in tonight.

I don’t dislike the kid but he isn’t getting game time in this midfield and he is a very very poor player wing player imo.

His lack of hardness really concerns me, especially in an inside mid and his lack of effort to chase has at times been bordering on pathetic.

I understand he has some tools but if not in the midfield I see him as a liability anywhere else. Let’s hope he proves me wrong hey
Bailey Dale has so let's hope you're wrong again.

I think Lipinski in is a great choice tonight, because of the quality of tall defender we're coming up against. Lipinski's entry into the forward 50 is top tier. We want to be getting it right onto the chests of our forwards, rather than letting Lever and May intercept, and Lipinski can do that.

High half forward is his best position. I think his main issue is that he fluctuates a bit with his form. Needs more consistency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

High half forward is his best position. I think his main issue is that he fluctuates a bit with his form. Needs more consistency.
I agree with MD in terms of positioning. It's either inside mid or bust. Unfortunately I think sticking him on the wing has highlighted his flaws (lack of speed/defense) rather then his strengths (disposal). Half forward for him is a position he could possibly play but like wallis his lack of speed makes that impossible when we have three talls up there

Nore was I. I was always a dale fan only frustrated by his yoyo of form. Seems the move to defense has seen him forced to stay switched on. I'd love to see him pushed to the wing now he has put it all together

The move to defence and probably a little more maturity in his game.

His recent outings hitting the scoreboard suggest he could be primed for a move up the ground. I’m just sceptical with these things though as there’s a lot less freedom the closer to the scoring end you get. We see it with Daniel at times struggle with more attention higher up.

Libba getting the clearance, getting it to Lipinski, who kicks it to one of our forwards in front of goal, is just about an ideal passage of play.

Nah. Sweet taking it out of the ruck at centre bounce, giving Gawn a "don't argue" and putting him on his arse, then sidestepping Petracca, then selling some candy to get around Oliver before launching from 70m for a goal.

I don't think he was. Certainly not to the level MD was.
I'll put my hand up and say I too didn't think Dale would make it. Depth at best. It gives me great pleasure to admit I was wrong. MD and I definitely weren't alone in thinking that about Dale, BTW.

Mind you, it took an inspired move from Bevo to get the best out of Dale. I still doubt he'd have made it if left at HFF.

MD only cops it more because he's so combative and likes to make the bold early call, especially if it's an unpopular view.
It's worth noting that he gets it right quite a few times too when the majority hold a different view.

He'll hate me for saying it but he's probably about par for BF when it comes to getting it right/wrong. :)

Nah. Sweet taking it out of the ruck at centre bounce, giving Gawn a "don't argue" and putting him on his arse, then sidestepping Petracca, then selling some candy to get around Oliver before launching from 70m for a goal.
Sweet CandyButt!

grassman75

I'll put my hand up and say I too didn't think Dale would make it. Depth at best. It gives me great pleasure to admit I was wrong. MD and I definitely weren't alone in thinking that about Dale, BTW.

Mind you, it took an inspired move from Bevo to get the best out of Dale. I still doubt he'd have made it if left at HFF.

MD only cops it more because he's so combative and likes to make the bold early call, especially if it's an unpopular view.
It's worth noting that he gets it right quite a few times too when the majority hold a different view.

He'll hate me for saying it but he's probably about par for BF when it comes to getting it right/wrong. :)

Lol thanks mate

Nah there are only about 6-7 heroes on here that continually go over the same things, try to bait me and ruin thread after thread. The same ones that have gone to the extent of doxing me, trying to hurt my business, threatening me with kicks to the head and hoping I die during surgery all because I upset then on here?? 😂😂😂😂

The thing that baffles me is who remembers what anyone in here said months ago? What kind of person does that?

Dale has been a massive surprise to me, not many players can move out of the timid category but he has so kudos to the kid. I also didn’t realise how good a kick he was.

I wonder why no one brings up me continually supporting Bruce, JJ and Cordy? Can you work that out for me!???

And I think I’m probably running at closer to 75% right it’s just my errors are highlighted 193948484884 times 😂😂😂

He was in company, plenty of company.
And rightly so. Dale was looking strongly like delist material. Credit to him and Bev for turning it around.

If you're going to have a go at MD for not rating a player Dale isn't the one I'd be choosing. It'd be Williams.

But honestly we all get them wrong. I thought Nathan Hrovat was going to be the second coming of Mitchell and didn't rate Macrae in his draft class.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back