Game Day Round 11 Discussion thread (dedicated to vaccines)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half the orifice left early yesterday to enjoy the supermoon rise at sunset down the beach yesterday. Beaches were packed about 5pm. Nice clean 2-3ft sets rolling in on a mirror calm sea and a massive moon rising up out of the ocean. Pink haze and the moon's shimmer on the sea was amazing. Water still a nice 21degC. Thousands surfing and swimming still. Unbelieveably gorgeous. We even had a light plane do an emergency landing on the beach just beforehand. Cool.

So Melbumians should stop being so concerned about spreading the miasma to other parts of the country. Thanks for the concern but we're ok up here.

Just saying.

Perhaps the S.A super spreader who came to Melbourne for a good time should consider Sydney next time. Those beaches do sound lovely ....and crowded.

Thats the thing about CV-19 in Australia...it ALWAYS comes from somewhere else.
We process 3000+ a week with lots covid positive, yet whenever a case sneaks out we dont suddenly try to shift the blame by saying "those phukking pakistani's" or "those bastard americans" or "those arseh*le Victorians" caused it.

We dont try to shift the blame up here.
We've always just dealt with it trying to come in from every corner of the globe.

Unfortunately Vic still cant deal with just one coming from next door....they cant even figure out which shopping centre or even the suburb.
It really is mind boggling.
I wouldnt try blaming another state for it.

This has thrown all my SC plans into turmoil and i;m not happy about it.
I was defintiely going to win it this year until this happened.

lol you blamed Victorians in your previous post.

Imagine if the Bulldogs vs Demons game was cancelled there are plenty of teams that have many players from both those teams that would be stuffed and would have planned for them having a different bye round.
I only have 2 Demons (plus a rookie) and one Bullies player .....I deliberately ensured I didn't have a concentration of players from any one team

Gold Coast expect its game against Hawthorn to take place this weekend, with Metricon Stadium the fallback venue if the NT government does not provide the Hawks with a travel exemption.
The Hawks players and staff have packed their bags and are awaiting AFL clarification about where they will fly to as they prepare to play.

Despite reports, the Suns were never told the game would be postponed and have always expected to take on the Hawks.

The Herald Sun understands all Covid-19 tests from Gold Coast and Hawthorn players came back negative so the Hawks could travel in a bubble and be given permission to play in Darwin under an exemption.

But if not the league could fly the Hawks to Queensland and the teams would play at Metricon.

All the coaches that took the prudent course of guns n rookies, and subsequently still fielding 4-6 rookies are laughing all the way to the bank. Its delicious.

That’s assuming every premo hits a big score and there are no injuries to guns. There is not a chance 18 Premos will all score to expectations. Those with only two rookies on the field have the depth to cover this. Those with 4-6 will be smashed in these circumstances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope the Hawks v Suns game goes ahead. I should regain Brayshaw and I take another rookie off field. Best 18 would suck.

well you can look it both ways really, most of the teams have flown off so they can probably go ahead plan whats going to happen in 2 weeks time?
If the AFL can get this round completed 100% .....then you know the bye fixtures will proceed as planned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back