Round 11 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to go Touk -> ? and I have Fyfe, Beams, Pendles, Parker, Selwood, Wallis and Cripps. I'd like a MID with a RND13 bye, price no option. Who do the experts here recommend? Thanks in advance..
I'd get either Wines or Ward.

Another person not mentioned that by Contract is required to get a run in the team is Johann Wagner. When he won the recruit, part of the clause of him winning was that he would play for the club and in the senior team. Not sure if he is listed as a rookie, but he is also a possibility to get upgraded. Even then, Port Adelaide are not required to play him for the full remainder of the season, so he might get 2 or 3 games, but at his price of 102K he would be an interesting downgrade when this eventually happens and could be a reason that Krak might not get put back on the senior list this year.

Wagner has been average at SANFL level this year. He is not going to make it to AFL level. As Vince McMahon would say "no chance in hell".

There is no clause in his contract that states he must play in the senior team. Port would never have agreed to that.

Another person not mentioned that by Contract is required to get a run in the team is Johann Wagner. When he won the recruit, part of the clause of him winning was that he would play for the club and in the senior team. Not sure if he is listed as a rookie, but he is also a possibility to get upgraded. Even then, Port Adelaide are not required to play him for the full remainder of the season, so he might get 2 or 3 games, but at his price of 102K he would be an interesting downgrade when this eventually happens and could be a reason that Krak might not get put back on the senior list this year.
You're joking right?

Miller > Boston (was contemplating Kavanagh but hate trading in after 1 game, got burnt with Glenn)
Clark > Franklin

Not sure if I should do any others this week.

Team (keepers in bold):

Shaw, Simpson, Malceski, Saad, McIntosh, Hamling, Lever, Brown
Fyfe, Hannebery, Beams, Pendlebury, Parker, Selwood, Cotchin, Rockliff, Boston, McKenzie, Glenn
Goldstein, Jacobs, Read
Martin, Gray, Swan, Mitchell, Franklin, Goddard, Tarrant, Lonie,

Rucks, Mids and Forwards set (pending injuries)..........Backs needs 3 upgrades.

14 trades left and 57k in the bank. 6,501 overall rank.

Keeping Rockliff, my goal is league wins and currently sitting on top of 3 leagues with win/loss of 9-0, 8-1 & 9-0.

Next week Kavanagh in and backline upgrade somewhere.

Miller > Boston (was contemplating Kavanagh but hate trading in after 1 game, got burnt with Glenn)
Clark > Franklin

Not sure if I should do any others this week.

Team (keepers in bold):

Shaw, Simpson, Malceski, Saad, McIntosh, Hamling, Lever, Brown
Fyfe, Hannebery, Beams, Pendlebury, Parker, Selwood, Cotchin, Rockliff, Boston, McKenzie, Glenn
Goldstein, Jacobs, Read
Martin, Gray, Swan, Mitchell, Franklin, Goddard, Tarrant, Lonie,

Rucks, Mids and Forwards set (pending injuries)..........Backs needs 3 upgrades.

14 trades left and 57k in the bank. 6,501 overall rank.

Keeping Rockliff, my goal is league wins and currently sitting on top of 3 leagues with win/loss of 9-0, 8-1 & 9-0.

Next week Kavanagh in and backline upgrade somewhere.

With GC having up to 9 players back after the bye why do you think Boston will still be in the team? And why are you planning on trading in someone next week that is not playing next week?

You're joking right?

Umm no I am not joking, but I wasnt suggesting trading him in, I was merely pointing out there are other players who may be elevated before Krak. but if he does get elevated and does get gametime, he presents a good downgrade purely for cash

Umm no I am not joking, but I wasnt suggesting trading him in, I was merely pointing out there are other players who may be elevated before Krak. but if he does get elevated and does get gametime, he presents a good downgrade purely for cash
So let me get this right you think Port would sign a contract to play a player based purely on a contract, form of mentioned player regardless?
You are off your chops man.

With GC having up to 9 players back after the bye why do you think Boston will still be in the team? And why are you planning on trading in someone next week that is not playing next week?

Sorry I'll be getting Kavanagh in after his bye round if he's still selected.

With regards to Boston, I've got plenty of trades left so why not, get a week of price rise (predicted 56k) and then if I need to trade him out for someone else if needs be. perhaps I should take a risk and bring in Kavanagh now instead of Boston, as that's what I originally had planned?

Sorry I'll be getting Kavanagh in after his bye round if he's still selected.

With regards to Boston, I've got plenty of trades left so why not, get a week of price rise (predicted 56k) and then if I need to trade him out for someone else if needs be. perhaps I should take a risk and bring in Kavanagh now instead of Boston, as that's what I originally had planned?
If you have plenty of trades left then Boston is not such a bad move. I would definitely hold off on Kavanagh though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would it be entirely crazy to trade out Saad, Cripps + Bont for Pearce, Ward + Wines? Gives me great coverage for rounds 11 and 12, with some work to do in round 13.... and a midfield of Fyfe, Danger, Beams, Pendles, Joelwood, Wallis, WINES, WARD.......

He is on the rookie list to earn his spot just like everyone else. He got his free ride to AFL,
now he needs to earn it just like the other 800 odd players in the system. Pretty sure Kosh would of
lost his job if he signed up to the contract that your suggesting.

If you have plenty of trades left then Boston is not such a bad move. I would definitely hold off on Kavanagh though.

You've got me in two minds now lol............Kavanagh is coming off a good first up game and is named in the midfield this week, safe to say if he has a good game this weekend he will play after their bye and earn some $$$$

Boston on the other hand you are right, he will only get guaranteed 1 x week of price rise and earn me around 56k. So say Boston misses and I bring in Kavanagh for him, I'm only going to make around 35k on Boston.

You've got me in two minds now lol............Kavanagh is coming off a good first up game and is named in the midfield this week, safe to say if he has a good game this weekend he will play after their bye and earn some $$$$

Boston on the other hand you are right, he will only get guaranteed 1 x week of price rise and earn me around 56k. So say Boston misses and I bring in Kavanagh for him, I'm only going to make around 35k on Boston.
Don't worry. I have the same dilemma. Given the players to come back for both teams though I'm worried about bringing in either of them.

Thoughts on Tom Mitchell? His wverage looks good at the moment....but will he be a top 6 forward overall for the rest of the season?

And what about his job security? After breaking into the AFL side in 2013, Mitchell struggled to get games in 2014 with the Swans. In fact, not even some senseational games in the NEAFL could get him (and O'Keefe) into the Swans' senior lineup. It took a medium term injury to Heeney for Mitchell to finally cement a spot in the team. Heeney is getting quite close to returning (maybe another few weeks away), so will that have an effect on Mitchell's job security?

It seems like the Swans coach/selection panel don't really see Mitchell as a key part of their lineup. It seems as if he just doesn't really fit into their gameplan. Any opinions on this? Mitchell is obviously a good player, but players who are not as good as him (Cunningham, Lloyd, Brandon Jack, etc) are getting games ahead of him. To me, this says that Cunningham, B Jack, Lloyd, etc may not be as "good" as Mitchell, but they play a very different role - a role that is required in the Swans gameplan.

So basically, the question is: WILL TOM MITCHELL PLAY EVERY SINGLE GAME FROM NOW UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON (BARING INJURY AND SUSPENSION), AND WILL HE BE RATED IN THE BEST 6 FORWARDS BY THE END OF THE SEASON? WILL HE KEEP UP WITH THIS GOOD SUPERCOACH SCORING?
Dunno

Sorry if this has already been asked.

Once the round starts, are we able to trade people with Round 11 byes?

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but just wanted to check.
Yes, they don't lockout until the start of the final game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back