Round 11 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got me in two minds now lol............Kavanagh is coming off a good first up game and is named in the midfield this week, safe to say if he has a good game this weekend he will play after their bye and earn some $$$$

Boston on the other hand you are right, he will only get guaranteed 1 x week of price rise and earn me around 56k. So say Boston misses and I bring in Kavanagh for him, I'm only going to make around 35k on Boston.

Perhaps I bring in Dumont from North instead of Boston? Costs me an extra 70k but he has JS and will earn more in the long run?
Don't worry. I have the same dilemma. Given the players to come back for both teams though I'm worried about bringing in either of them.

I think Kavanagh will be good, but I can always swap McKenzie (St Kilda) to backline and then trade out Saad for Kavanagh after his bye.

With Boston I am happy to get some kind of price rise, but I'm really hoping he has a blinder and doesn't lose his spot for after the bye, if he loses his spot I'll wait a week or so and work out what to do with him but at least he's made me 50k or more.

Hate these Friday dilemmas

I had planned for the byes meticulously with 20 in round 11, 19 in rnd 12 and 19 in rnd 13.

In the last week or two I have lost Krakouer, McKenzie, Vandenberg and Clark and now only have 16 playing this week.

Will have to go Vandenberg - Boston. Not sure what other trade is best

Was thinking Clark - Franklin or Krakouer - Wines.

I might prefer Wines but I could wait and do Krakouer - Sloane next week. OR I could bring Saad from the backline next week and make him Sloane which will allow me to bring in Wines and Sloane but will force me to play one of Hamling or Lever on field and will have no room for Rockliff when he returns.

Anyway, here is team - please help!

Shaw, Gibson, McDonald, Hibberd, Oxley, Saad (Lever, McIntosh)
Fyfe, Pendlebury, Kennedy, Selwood, S.Mitchell, Lewis, Cripps, CEY (Vandenberg, Krak, McKenzie)
Goldstein, Naitianui
Gray, Martin, Swan, T.Mitchell, Bontempelli
, Tarrant (Clark, Dale)

I was originally not going to make a trade but now with Dmac out I'm going:

Glenn > Boston

Gives me 19 playing so in case I get an injury in-game, a late out or sub-affected score it won't count.

Clark > Dumont via Lambert DPP

Second trade I am thinking of going either Krak > Kavanagh or A.Pearce

I'm leaning toawards Kavanagh as I think he will score better.

What does everyone think Kavanaghs job security is like compared to Bostons?

Bombers have Zaharakis, Hocking, Winderlich, Myers to come back and Suns have Ablett, Swallow and a few others back after the byes.

Thoughts?

So let me get this right you think Port would sign a contract to play a player based purely on a contract, form of mentioned player regardless?
You are off your chops man.

Based on what I know now compared to what I have just read makes me change my tune, my comment above was based on what at the time was accurate regarding going on the rookie list, maybe I jumped the gun with him getting gametime, below is the article I just read regarding Wagner which was written in March this year.

I might as well have been drunk or on drugs to say what i said if i knew what was written below.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-20/tough-initiation-for-ports-reality-tv-winner

Bombers have Zaharakis, Hocking, Winderlich, Myers to come back and Suns have Ablett, Swallow and a few others back after the byes.

Thoughts?

Is Dumont worth the punt @ $194K? I have 17 playing this week or 18 if I go Krakouer > Dumont. Krakouer > Pearce via Saad is my other option.

I'd go Pearce over Kavanagh FWIW. Can't see Boston holding his spot in the side with so many coming back.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Thoughts?

Ideally you should wait on Kavanagh - if he plays bad he'll most likely be out next round for Zaharakis and he has the R12 bye. Boston's job security must be dire also when GC have like 10 players back after the bye.

Thoughts?

Not worried about needing Clarke next week?

Boston seems pretty well regarded by the club:
Boston is on the comeback from a horrific ankle injury that wiped out his 2014 campaign.
Playing in his first NEAFL match for the season, Boston dislocated his right ankle, rupturing ligaments and requiring surgery.
As he was training in a bid to make a late-season comeback, he sustained a lateral strain in his left ankle to complete the miserable year. The SUNS believe highly of the creative half-forward and elevated him to the senior list after two years as a rookie. Boston played eight games in 2013 and has a deadly accurate right boot that makes him arguably the club’s best set-shot for goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boston is on the comeback from a horrific ankle injury that wiped out his 2014 campaign.
Playing in his first NEAFL match for the season, Boston dislocated his right ankle, rupturing ligaments and requiring surgery.
As he was training in a bid to make a late-season comeback, he sustained a lateral strain in his left ankle to complete the miserable year. The SUNS believe highly of the creative half-forward and elevated him to the senior list after two years as a rookie. Boston played eight games in 2013 and has a deadly accurate right boot that makes him arguably the club’s best set-shot for goal.

Earlier in the year he got canned from training with the club as he wasn't meeting club standards too! Hmm

Everything out the window now with Vandenberg, Clark, Nelson, McKenzie, Glenn not playing it leaves me with 15 on field
Clark>Tarrant
Vandenberg>Dumont
CEY>Treloar (with VDB change)

I don't think Geelong will risk Clark next week as they have the bye the week after.

Good to see Alex Neal-Bullen make Melbourne's final side. Always thought he could be a handy mid year downgrade target. Might pay those interested in the likes of Boston and Kavanagh to hold off and see how he performs.

Based on what I know now compared to what I have just read makes me change my tune, my comment above was based on what at the time was accurate regarding going on the rookie list, maybe I jumped the gun with him getting gametime, below is the article I just read regarding Wagner which was written in March this year.

I might as well have been drunk or on drugs to say what i said if i knew what was written below.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-20/tough-initiation-for-ports-reality-tv-winner
AFL is way too cut throat to hand out charity spots, all good mate;):thumbsu:

Good to see Alex Neal-Bullen make Melbourne's final side. Always thought he could be a handy mid year downgrade target. Might pay those interested in the likes of Boston and Kavanagh to hold off and see how he performs.

The only reason that people are even looking at Boston/Kavanagh is because they need players/cash now and can't hold off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back