Preview Round 12: Changes V West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we play Minchington, and move Wingard into the middle more often?

Forgot that Smith was injured. Hopefully Maginess gets a look.

IN: Burgoyne, Jiath

OUT: O’Brien (omitted), Smith (injured)

B: Hardwick, Frawley, Stratton

HB: Sicily, Frost, Scrimshaw

C: Scully, Mitchell, Shiels

HF: Burgoyne, Gunston, Wingard

F: Breust, Ceglar, Impey

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Jiath, Morrison, Day, Nash

Smith looks like he’ll miss, which saves Scully from being dropped. Maybe replaced by another midfielder? Howe? Cousins? Finn?

I don’t see what the fuss is about with Nash, I’d be giving someone else like Walker a crack.

If Patton is fit, I’d bring him in for Cegs. He needs as many games as possible before next season.

Edit: Forgot Burgoyne and feel ashamed.

I’d probably go with Burgoyne, Patton and Howe/Finn for Smith, Nash, Cegs. Would like to fit Walker in.

Last edited:
I remember in our threepeat year we would sometimes have upwards of 10 different names on the goal scorers list and it was such a major strength of ours that we had so many avenues at goals but I just look across the team sheet these days and only really see Bruest and Gunston as people who will consistently bob up and kick a goal or 2. Where will they come from? No one in the reserves is kicking heaps of goals (although scratch matches I know). I just don't see it unfortunately. Hopefully some changes this week but I'm not sure if it needs to be personnel or strategy but WC are a far greater side than we faced tonight, especially at Optus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect we might start to manage a few blokes round about now, particularly given that finals seem almost impossible, no point running older blokes into the ground for a meaningless year (in both senses of the word).

McEvoy looked pretty bloody tired, I wouldn't mind giving Titch a rest unless the continuity is good for him, Shiels has been pretty banged up this year too.

Scrimshaw too if he thinks he needs it? Would rather he gets managed every couple of months than gets injured every couple of games as he is wont to do. CJ an obvious replacement too.

OUT
McEvoy, Scrimshaw, Titch/Shiels (managed), Issie (inj.)
IN
Burgoyne, Patton, CJ, Jones/Finn

is my guess. It's entirely possible we don't think we need to manage anyone given our draw has been pretty forgiving but I think we'll see something like the above happen in the next few weeks.

Out : Ceglar Scully Omitted, Smith injured
In : Hartley Jones Burgoyne

Also Paton for O’Brien if declared fit

Like to see Shiels and Stratton go out
for Jiath and Finn

like to see more changes but won’t happen

Can’t see Maguinnes getting a game when he hasn’t been a emergency all year

Changes:
1. interesting brand of footy.
2. Exciting passage of play.
3. Strong tackling.

How: I have no idea 😬.

Will watch this game with a low expectation. Of course hoping the boys to get the win. I won't be surprised if we get one but won't be surprised as well if we get belted.

Tipping hawks game must be the hardest thing to do. You won't know until the first 10 minutes of the game to find out which Hawks side that will show up.

Midfield is going to be an absolute blood bath in this one.

I cringe at the thought of Ceglar or McEvoy going up against NicNat.

Not to mention Worpel, Mitchell and O’Meara are sub standard anyway. Going to be ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back