Round 12 Trades (Argas Tuft Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. T.Smith > T.Mac
Got the cash, and I'm a long way behind, so stuff it. Allows Sis to go FWD bench, with T.Mac becoming an extra on the field this week.

2. Dusty > Westhoff
Dusty has been underperforming for a long time, and may very well have 3 weeks off. It's a week early on Westhoff but I'll take him for the byes.

3. English > Jacobs
Only costs about $48k. Allows me to have 2 rucks over each bye round with Gawn and Nic Nat. Hopefully Sauce has found some form with his 94 last week.

19 playing this week.
18 next week without trading (not counting Laird).
18 the final week without trading, though I'm likely to go Murphy to Mihocek, and Coffield/E.Phillips to Ahern, giving me 20.

So Lurphy has survived in my team due to pure carnage and needing to field 18. If Clarko decides to be a campaigner and play Mirra through the byes I will scream, but that seems unlikely and I don't want a donut this week. Should be right for next two rounds (carnage aside).

Ended up doing:
Mirra -> Austin
Barry -> Ahern
Spargo -> Menegola

Leaves me with 20 next week and 15 for the real nightmare. Hoping to have upgraded/downgraded Coffield, Ronke, Duman, Murphy and Fogarty by then, so should be fielding a full premo side with 2 trades left by Rd 15. :drunk:

Untitled.png

Lost AF this week. Only 15 playing. 290k and 13 trades.

A) Billings > Gray + T.Smith/Ridley/Keeffe > Austin (17 players, 80-85k leftover)
B) Billings > Gray + Dusty > Westhoff + T.Smith/Ridley/Keeffe > Austin (18 players, 60-65k leftover)
C) Billings > Gray + Dusty > TMac + T.Smith/Ridley/Keeffe > Austin (18 players, 30-40k leftover)

Thoughts?

This may actually work out......

Ok had a proper look

Thoughts on

Cole - Heron
Rioli - Ahern
Barry - Westhoff

Leaves 14 trades, 135k and Holman, Doedee, Ronke & Fritsch to upgrade...

Losing Cole (Was decent backup) and Rioli (was always the plan) and brining in Ahern a week early....

I think I might do this (with Grays high BE and English to cull to Olango jabroni, may be able to bring in Gray rnd 12 for Ronke)

View attachment 508646

Reason for Heron over Austin?
Rd 14 issue? Cash shortfall?
Edit: Already answered, fair enough.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea what to do with all this carnage and haven't had the time to research (not that the extra time helps me any other week..).. Currently have 17(?) on field if Crowden plays..

On the brink of pulling the trigger on Dusty -> Gray but not sure..

16 trades.. 188K:

sc.jpeg

At least most of us are in a similar boat..

Had planned to 'finish' my midfield with Dusty this week.

Already got Fyfe, Mitchell, Treloar, Cripps, Selwood, Coniglio, Merrett

Who should I go after this week or next? (Rnd 14 bye players ok, Rnd 13 no, obviously the early byes are best).
giphy.gif

Of the Rd 12 players could also go Gaff, E. Curnow or Bont? Don't really rate anyone else, and Macrae needs to come way down to be affordable.

whats cracking my brobertos, its been a while. Ive been a bit slack on here lately due to work and drinking commitments and moving house.

Back on topic im thinking im going to fook that Coniglio prick off for the next fortnight and then potentially bring him back before round 14, atm im my short list is neale, gibbs, menegola, parker, steven, edwards and walters who are all playing the next 2 rounds if ive done ive done my drunk maths correct. Im thinking Walters atm and then before rd 14 swing him forward for spargo and bring in Ahern.

I could also do the same with Fyfe/Martin but not sure if i will yet, especially considering i want to bring Austin this week too.

Have gone Dusty to Oliver and Murphy to Austin.

I can put 18 players on the park with no bench cover.

9 trades left and team structure still relatively intact.

I've got Fyfe, Cogs and Laird all to come back.

Edit - just saw Ridley out so he's gone for mihocek.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Billings -> Mihocek or Ahern - unsure yet
Dusty -> r13 premium - Oliver, Treloar or Jelly - unsure yet

Will mean this week is:
DEF: 2 premos, 2 rookies
MID: 2 premos, Parfitt, 3 rookies
RUC: 2 premos
FWD: 3 premos, Fritsch, 2 rookies
+ Mihocek or Ahern at either end
= 19 players, 9 premos + Parfitt + Fritsch + rag-tag bunch of rookies.
Holding Fyfe, Laird and Coniglio on bench this week + r12 players
11 trades and around 150k in the bank...

Next 2 weeks:
Spargo downgrade
Parfitt upgrade

EDIT:
Going to get Brayshaw for balance across the field and likely similar score this week, and can be D6 post-byes (and has DPP during the byes). Gives me another week to look at whether Jelly will be best final upgrade in mids, or go with safer Oliver/Treloar.

Last edited:
He might not necessarily stay over there for that long but I don't think they would rest him, bring him back for a game then have another week off. He'll probably spend at least 3-4 days over there and then come back to the club I would've thought.

3 weeks off mid season? I doubt it...

So I'm actually doing pretty well for rd 12 considering the carnage. I am absolutely ****** at this point for rd 14! Any tips on how to help Rd 14 without ruining this round as well? I am not keen on many (any) Port or GCS players. Was trying to wait to get Gaff, McClean and a couple other that have the bye this week !

EDIT - have already traded Mirra > Austin (although still considering reversing)

Supercoach.jpg

Cole > Austin
Cogs > Treloar
Dusty > Menegola

or

Cole > Howe
Cogs > Ahern
Dusty > Menegola

The latter gives me more money and a chance to complete my DEFs next week. The former... does nothing much but I like it more because Treloar is going up, whereas Howe will probably go down, and Ahern can wait and Austin can't.

Cole > Austin
Cogs > Treloar
Dusty > Menegola

or

Cole > Howe
Cogs > Ahern
Dusty > Menegola

The latter gives me more money and a chance to complete my DEFs next week. The former... does nothing much but I like it more because Treloar is going up, whereas Howe will probably go down, and Ahern can wait and Austin can't.
First option

Finlayson > Austin is happening to give me 18.
Wanna lop Dusty as I think he will be an easy trade in in 3-4 weeks time for Holman. Options:

Mrouch

TMac

Thoughts guys?

Screenshot_20180608-073315_SC Classic.jpg
Screenshot_20180608-073321_SC Classic.jpg

TMac is a shoe-in for top 10 def or fwd
Crouch more of a risk but super consistent and doesn't my byes up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back