Round 12 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fcuk Mceovy

Jiska what are you going to do?

I think I will just hold him this week, surely he is back next week?

Here is my side - 11 trades and 13K
View attachment 60556

I was originally thinking Langdon to Jaensch (completing my backline now with Jaensch BE low and Langdon almost peaked)

Polec to Shenton. Wont lose too much with scoring, and pocket 200K. Will upgrade Shenton to Pendles in 3-4 weeks.

Acres or Viv to Obrien next week is an option.

Ambrose and Taylor to become a premo fwd soon. Anything I have missed?

Do I trade Mcevoy this week or hold and continue with my trades?
As much as I hate it, I think I'll have to hold him. If I was going to trade him it had to be done last week. Too late now. Plus I only have 198k in the bank and need to upgrade Polec to Goddard or Barlow so Crouch -> ZOB seems logical.

If Hartung starts sub for the Hawks, is it worth a trade to Shenton? Only 9 trades left at the moment. 60k in the bank?

Pros-Better mooing rookie on the bench with good scoring capacity, good job security,M/F link

Cons-Down to 8 trades. Lose 40k which i needed/wanted to afford a Pav-Gray trade next week(Will set this trade back an extra week or so, having to use another trade somewhere to afford it)

I realise hartung has a BE of -9 but if he starts sub again his money making days are limited. Also with a few key Hawks to return his JS looks iffy.

Would really appreciate some opinions on this one.

Last edited:

What does Langford have to do to stay in the team? 20 possies last week and a team high 8 tackles!!

Hi guys, Didn't get any response to this, but do you think it is worth me making some cash this week by going;

Polec to O'Brien and Impey/Cameron to Tex Walker?

Will only need to upgrade Walker, Langdon/Langford and Salem/OB/Acres then.

Any other suggestions welcome.

One concern would be that if you downgrade Polec then who will you upgrade to your final mid, it could be a few weeks until Salem or O'Brien are primed to upgrade, not to mention that you'd also need one of them contributing to your starting 22 until then.

Shenton instead of Obrien?

Yeah, guess I could do Salem to OB next week
One concern would be that if you downgrade Polec then who will you upgrade to your final mid, it could be a few weeks until Salem or O'Brien are primed to upgrade, not to mention that you'd also need one of them contributing to your starting 22 until then.

So, is it best to sit until next week and do Salem to OB and upgrade Langdon perhaps, and then look to upgrade Polec/Ambrose the next couple of weeks?

226k to spend. What are peoples thoughts on Langdon > Malceski and Fasolo >N.Roo?
My other option is Langdon > Jaensch and D.Tyson > Treloar?

Langdon or Kolodjashnij out for Jaensch?
Also sideways trading/upgrading Cotchin, I've been considering Rockliff or J.P.K? Not sure who else to consider

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howlett anyone?

I'm a bit ignorant here & didn't see last week, was it:

- a one off?
- a good player returning to form?
- gotten over an injury?
Probably a one off
Good player, but if you look at his SC history, he has scored 7 tons in his last 50 games
Pass

Considered tex or buddy over roo ?
Been thinking about buddy quite a bit and may jump on him, didn't consider Tex. Do you think Tex and/ or Buddy will keep their form? My only worry is surely N.Roo will get back to his? And he's fairly cheap.

Been thinking about buddy quite a bit and may jump on him, didn't consider Tex. Do you think Tex and/ or Buddy will keep their form? My only worry is surely N.Roo will get back to his? And he's fairly cheap.
I think either of the three are solid options, high risk high reward, but given roos past soft tissue injuries/age/team, he is perhaps a bit more of a risk
I reckon buddys form has been solid, his poor scores came in wet conditions when the team played poorly, now that they are rolling and Tippett is playing well, I believe buddy can average 90+ all year
Tex is a good POD and I reckon he will be one of those players who will dominate at Adelaide oval and average 120 odd there, just depends how he goes on the road
For me it's buddy

I think either of the three are solid options, high risk high reward, but given roos past soft tissue injuries/age/team, he is perhaps a bit more of a risk
I reckon buddys form has been solid, his poor scores came in wet conditions when the team played poorly, now that they are rolling and Tippett is playing well, I believe buddy can average 90+ all year
Tex is a good POD and I reckon he will be one of those players who will dominate at Adelaide oval and average 120 odd there, just depends how he goes on the road
For me it's buddy
You've persuaded me. The more I looked at it, the more I liked Buddy. And your call with Roo is spot on thinking about it. I also thought about Zorko as an option, but he either scores in the hundreds or under 50. So I scratched him. Tyson to Treloar can happen next week if I really want it to as well.
Thanks heaps for the advice mate :thumbsu:

Yeah, guess I could do Salem to OB next week

So, is it best to sit until next week and do Salem to OB and upgrade Langdon perhaps, and then look to upgrade Polec/Ambrose the next couple of weeks?

I think you could wait 'til next week for OB, would be good to see him repeat a good score before you commit.
Personally I'd be trying to upgrade Polec this week or if cash doesn't allow it then next week.
You could still find another way to get Walker in this week if you want him, though it might require doing something with Langford which you probably don't want to do as he's been a good safety net a D7 this year... when he gets a game. :D
Anyway you must be making the right decisions to be 138th, I'm 433rd and trying to chase you down ;)
Not sure what to do with Langdon myself, I think he's my least concern so upgrading him last, my team is:

Simpson, McVeigh, Swallow, Jeansch, Hanely, Langdon (McDonald, Langford)
Ablett, Pendlebury, Beams, Selwood, Watson, Ward, Murphy, Tyson (Billings, K Mitchell)
Sandilands, Derickx (Thurlow, Holmes)
Dangerfield, Harvey, Dahlhaus, Pavlich, Wright, Shenton (Taylor, Ambrose)

220.2k in the bank

Would anyone look at trading Hodge/Roughy? They're currently both stinking it up for me and maybe it's time to cut losses with one of them? Or is it a waste?

Yeah he may, but what does that mean for Dercikx's output? He's been scoring 60's as the sole ruckmen. Unfortunately I need that cash more than I need him as an R3.
Whether Pyke is in or out of the team, Derick X is good for 60 points a game.
He is good cover as R3 if you have injury prone R1 & R2.
Personally I would get 18 premiums on field before offing him.
Keep an eye on Luke Lowden (Hawthorn) who is making his debut this week.

As much as I hate it, I think I'll have to hold him. If I was going to trade him it had to be done last week. Too late now. Plus I only have 198k in the bank and need to upgrade Polec to Goddard or Barlow so Crouch -> ZOB seems logical.
I have 13K in the bank. Thinking Langdon to Jaensch and Polec to Shenton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back