Autopsy Round 13, 2021: Hawks sink the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously shocked at that. Pretty much a four quarter effort too. Held them off in the third when they wanted to come back.
Jai attended a shitload of centre bounces which is interesting.
I'm not even sure what it was, just seemed as if everyone was on the same page and the effort increased. Then a bit of confidence comes when they all realise that they can actually do it and all of sudden you've won the game.
Whole midfield was great whether it was Mitchell, Jaegs, Newc and Worp too. Loved it. Tough hard footy which is so bloody good to see.
Just wanted to see effort and desire and we got that in spades.
How good boys, this will probably be the highlight of our year! Enjoy it.

canyou physically cause a slam tackle holding just an arm?

when Worpel finishes footy he can go to Thailand and star in martial arts movies

According to Ralph, It can be done...
3o6nURWDnYYGemuu9G.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow - loved every minute of that ❤️❤️
Mitch, worpel and JOM were epic! Jai could not have had a better start. Kossie will be a star. How good is having CJ, Day and Hardwick down back?? And it was ‘almost’ O’Brien and ‘almost’ the chad.....

Edit - missed Ceglar, Scrim and BB

Last edited:
Razor’s best even performance. So refreshing to be finally on the right side of the ledger.
In the last q of the 2015 GF we moved to the front row in the outer and I ended up chatting to Razor for ages who was next to us in the dugout. Surprisingly an absolute ripper bloke. Shame he’s an awful ump but tonight was great to be on his right side.

Day was unheralded in his impact this week. He frees up Cj and Scrim to do more further up the field whilst he directs from the back- I think we saw a glimpse of how indomitable our defense will be in three or four years. Hardwick, Cj, Scrim, Day, Sic, DGB, Frost, Impey is going to be such a brutal mix of skill and defensive intent- the fact that they can all rotate through other parts of the ground will make us lethal.
Great instance of this in the third where Scrim and Cj worked together to get a ball to ground, had a touch on it each before whacking it back in.

Kozzie was summed up best by Frost; animal, wouldn't want to fight.

Duke won his plaudits for his defensive endeavour, but my word were his hands solid- so many one grabs and a lot of his disposals looked effortless (apart from a couple kicks into 50 under pressure/having his first shot). Lived up to all the hype, very comfortably I felt.

Umpiring wasn't great, but I don't think it was as bad as people were making out.

Great win for the youngsters in our side, absolutely loved it!

Last edited:
Hodgey saying during the telecast that Clarko got them boxing during the week to toughen them up because we’ve been so soft and we come out and win contested footy by 26. He really is the one of the greatest coaches of all time. I don’t remember one player shirking the contest tonight.
Yeah, but after those dumb campaigner hosts butchered the interview with CJ and the rambling about how to pronounce his name, he basically said the gloves come out every week. What a game and he handled himself so well on camera too! ⭐

Day was unheralded in his impact this week. He frees up Cj and Scrim to do more further up the field whilst he directs from the back- I think we saw a glimpse of how indomitable our defense will be in three or four years. Cj, Scrim, Day, Sic, DGB, Frost, Impey is going to be such a brutal mix of skill and defensive intent- the fact that they can all rotate through other parts of the ground will make us lethal.
Great instance of this in the third where Scrim and Cj worked together to get a ball to ground, had a touch on it each before whacking it back in.

Kozzie was summed up best by Frost; animal, wouldn't want to fight.

Duke won his plaudits for his defensive endeavour, but my word were his hands solid- so many one grabs and a lot of his disposals looked effortless (apart from a couple kicks into 50 under pressure/having his first shot). Lived up to all the hype, very comfortably I felt.

Umpiring wasn't great, but I don't think it was as bad as people were making out.

Great win for the youngsters in our side, absolutely loved it!

day brings something we used to get with hodge mitchell and to an extent, Burgoyne. As you say, playmaker organiser

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13, 2021: Hawks sink the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back