Autopsy Round 13 2024 – Hawthorn vs GWS Giants, Saturday June 8, 1.45pm AEST, UTAS Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Off the bye, in Tasmania, carrying a lot of injuries in the squad. Hopefully the players who run onto UTAS are primed for a 100% effort - we cannot afford to drop a game to the Hawks. The midfield battle is going to be key, including getting on top of Will Day. Tom Green & Keiren Briggs need to have big games.

HAW v GWS.png
Let's go GIANTS!

We ideally need to come off our bye with a win. Last year we were awesome after the bye, winning 5 games in a row. Fingers crossed that Kingsley and his coaching staff used the bye to fine tune the team, address our weaknesses and inspire our players. Let’s Go Giants!

Big game but I have high hopes. Hawks might seem like they're red hot at the moment, but their last 3 wins were against St Kilda, Brisbane and Adelaide. It's time for them to come up against some real competition.

Our forward line is at full strength so we should be very dangerous when we can get the ball into attack.

As others have said the midfield battle is where the game is really going to be won or lost. We're missing a couple of good players in Cogs and Jelly but I actually have a lot of faith in our replacements. If players like Callaghan and Peatling bring their pace and energy we should compete really well. I'll be very interested to see who lines up on the wings.

Our defence is full of good players but very tall. This could work in our favour or it could really work against us. Going to have be wary of players like Moore and Ginnivan.

I think it's going to be a really exciting game to watch, looking forward to it.

Definitely a danger game for the giants today need to be switched on

I'm in Sydney this week reping the giants scarf, one thing I am noticing is there are bugger all scarfs and beanies caps etc even of the local nrl teams compared to teams in victoria

Hope we win but feeling like it's a bit of a coin toss for me.

Happy to see a couple of Giants fans up and about in the West today on the T1 train line.

Must all be going to Giants watch party events like yours truly. 😅

Heartening to see a couple people donning a Giants scarf or beanie at the Matilda's soccer game at Accor stadium last Monday too.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judging by Hogan's and Gunstan's kick, there's a decent breeze across the ground towards the main camera side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back