Autopsy Round 13, 2024 : Hawks slay the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Well what can u say about the game that hasn't already been said. Some great insights in this thread already. I would like to back up my statements in the preview thread. Finals is definitely on. The lid is off. We control our own destiny if we keep winning we play finals. Why wait. Take ure opportunities when they come because there are no guarantees. Let's see how far we can go. Almost wish we could play the swans again to see exactly where we r at.

There is been a lot change and flux in the side and when players and coaches talk about building synergy and predictability with each other it's not a throwaway line. You can see it has been built over the last couple of years. This group was always a tight knit group so they love playing football together. They love it when each other do well. It's sort of comraderie u can't buy.

Will Days introduction to the side has changed us dramatically because not only is he a great offensive threat but he sets the standard defensively. It's something we really missed. Will demands that sort of effort from his mates and they rightfully oblige. Our attack at the man and ball and our athletic profile make us one of the most exciting teams in the comp. Bring on Richmond. There is no obstacle we can not climb so long as we do together as a team. Can't wait for next week and the coming weeks I believe these Hawks will deliver on my words

This might be a bit petty.

But this is why I will always hold these blokes in a higher esteem at the club than Issie.

I love everything that Issie did for our club, but felt he won flags and was an opportunity to give back to the club but went to the arch enemy. Broke my heart. That’s why Breust will always be Hwathorn royalty in my eyes. Could’ve left multiple times but didn’t. He won’t be there for the next one, but his knowledge has been passed on to the next generation.
The club has said no about Breust playing on next year atm. I fear this would be a terrible mistake if they held their stance as l'm sure other clubs would love to have him and l just can't think of him in different colours.

The club has said no about Breust playing on next year atm. I fear this would be a terrible mistake if they held their stance as l'm sure other clubs would love to have him and l just can't think of him in different colours.
I wouldn't worry about punk playing for another team. If hawthorn have said no it's because he has told them he has had enough. A true hawthorn champion. Enjoy these last few games with him hawthorn supporters he is on his last road. We want to be yelling out Breeeuuust at every opportunity.

Well what can u say about the game that hasn't already been said. Some great insights in this thread already. I would like to back up my statements in the preview thread. Finals is definitely on. The lid is off. We control our own destiny if we keep winning we play finals. Why wait. Take ure opportunities when they come because there are no guarantees. Let's see how far we can go. Almost wish we could play the swans again to see exactly where we r at.

There is been a lot change and flux in the side and when players and coaches talk about building synergy and predictability with each other it's not a throwaway line. You can see it has been built over the last couple of years. This group was always a tight knit group so they love playing football together. They love it when each other do well. It's sort of comraderie u can't buy.

Will Days introduction to the side has changed us dramatically because not only is he a great offensive threat but he sets the standard defensively. It's something we really missed. Will demands that sort of effort from his mates and they rightfully oblige. Our attack at the man and ball and our athletic profile make us one of the most exciting teams in the comp. Bring on Richmond. There is no obstacle we can not climb so long as we do together as a team. Can't wait for next week and the coming weeks I believe these Hawks will deliver on my words
Won't lie , I've got one eye on the Cats game down there in a month .
If we can keep this form , we can put the staggers on them

I wouldn't worry about punk playing for another team. If hawthorn have said no it's because he has told them he has had enough. A true hawthorn champion. Enjoy these last few games with him hawthorn supporters he is on his last road. We want to be yelling out Breeeuuust at every opportunity.
He wants another year but you're right to savour the nearing end of a great career.

Interesting thanks for that. Is this a recent thing? Or happened earlier in the season. I just want to build context with my conversation with him.
I think he might smell another flag. He’d be pretty handy to have in reserve next year even if he only plays half a season.

I don't see this as a problem at all. Did you, at any stage of the game, confuse players because of the jumper colour?

Complain about the orange eyesore if you will, but carrying on about a jumper clash is silly because there really wasn't any clash.
Tbf, I agree with burger09 re. the jumper clash. On Ch 7, especially the long shots of the ground, it was really difficult to tell who was who. Bad jumper clash

So Newk and Ginni copped fines out of the game for rough conduct and striking. 10k for Newk (down to 6.25 if he accepts it)!
Stuffed if I can recall either incident as being that bad tbh.

Done for kicking the plastic club's arse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe it was during last season. You can ask him exactly when but he most likely wouldn't know.

So, after stating that Breust wants another year you now post that (cough) "you believe" it was last season and to add to that you suggest that he be asked when but (cough, cough) "he most likely won't know".

Gotya :thumbsu:

So, after stating that Breust wants another year you now post that (cough) "you believe" it was last season and to add to that you suggest that he be asked when but (cough, cough) "he most likely won't know".

Gotya :thumbsu:
Gotya my foot. Nothing wrong with what l said. It is not unreasonable for a player to be unsure whether something happened 9 months ago or 10 months ago and yes l still believe it was last year and even if it wasn't and it was early this year who cares as it happened but my memory tells me last year.

Gotya my foot. Nothing wrong with what l said. It is not unreasonable for a player to be unsure whether something happened 9 months ago or 10 months ago and yes l still believe it was last year and even if it wasn't and it was early this year who cares as it happened but my memory tells me last year.

LOL. Posting that it was "last season" after you get asked about your so called info.

You're a player?
At Hawthorn?

LOL. Posting that it was "last season" after you get asked about your so called info.
Yes last season is correct, not for me to ask questions about it. To appease you it would have been later in the season as Breust had built up a very good season by then upon which the contract extension was put forward.

Yes last season is correct, not for me to ask questions about it. To appease you it would have been later in the season as Breust had built up a very good season by then upon which the contract extension was put forward.
Can you please let us know if his management approaches the club this year for another year as I would be interested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13, 2024 : Hawks slay the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back