Autopsy Round 13, 2024: St.Kilda v Gold Coast: #GrabGate2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Paradox

If he’s heart and soul he stays for unders and let’s the club improve elsewhere with the salary cap.

If he goes for the 💰 💰 ?
That’s not heart and soul, that’s brain.
Correct he has a very good offer in front of him. The offer also commits to his longevity at the saints. No one is burning him.

Some real flat earther types in here than genuinely believe Ross is to blame for player execution. Actually you’re right Ross doesn’t want us kicking goals at all.
Ffs pull your head out of your arses, we’ve not been a good side offensively for 14 years. It’s got nothing to do with the coach, and everything to do with the talent we have on the park.

So let me get this right. The coach has absolutely so power at training to improve the way a side plays? It's solely dependant on player talent?

No

Why is it so hard to understand that the issue can be both.

Talent plays a big part sure. But the coaching group have to take some responsibility.
Have a look at this around the 10m mark.

Interesting Nick says Pou is now for the first time in his life is dealing with "negative criticism”.

Interesting observation. Is there such a thing as “positive criticism” ? Is that what he needs ?

Roo is preaching some Rocket Bro-Science Psychology here.

He explained pretty clearly that it should be play on because they both did it.

It’s really not that complicated we got a lucky free kick, we can just accept that and move on instead of trying to be the only people who think it was fair.

As others have mentioned king also got sweet FA all night so call it a square up if it makes you feel better.

That last free kick was wrong.
Show me the bit where King and his arms around Andrew??

This isn’t a retaliation free kick though, it’s a holding free kick, max was also holding.

You’re welcome to die alone on this hill, you’d be hard pressed to find a nuetral who thinks it was the right decision and the afl has now said it was wrong.
You keep saying King was holding ... show me the bit where King had his arms wrapped around Andrew??

Interesting Nick says Pou is now for the first time in his life is dealing with "negative criticism”.

Interesting observation. Is there such a thing as “positive criticism” ? Is that what he needs ?

Both ex players and seem pretty much in agreement. There is a psychological component to performance that the coaches have some effect on.

I think the decision has to be looked at in the context of the game. We were on a fast break, I think Members was about to wheel around and look for someone inside 50. The obvious target was a leading King gets held as he tries to push off. Free kick every day.

Surely the "positive criticism" piece is just constructive criticism? The negative criticism being just supporters/media bashing him

I think the decision has to be looked at in the context of the game. We were on a fast break, I think Members was about to wheel around and look for someone inside 50. The obvious target was a leading King gets held as he tries to push off. Free kick every day.
Mac Andrew was not even facing the ball blocking King from moving forward. Free kick for mine. If that was happening to Lockett Andrew would being discharged from casualty this afternoon.

There are some real rule interpretation anomalies.

5m Shepard...never enforced. Clearly Mac Andrew was more than 5 m away....ahhh that's a free kick.

Other rules playing on from full back square you can run 20m and not get pinged.....but kick it the same distance and it's play on.

Kick the ball 13m in the fwd 50 is a mark kick it 18m in backline play on. Do like the sentiment of moving the ball forward but it must be fair.

Holding the ball is sooomuch better than the previous 2 pirouettes and a handball.

Good grinding win by the Saints and if Hardwick is unhappy and pissed off so much the better. Blueprint for other teams to pick them apart.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some real flat earther types in here than genuinely believe Ross is to blame for player execution. Actually you’re right Ross doesn’t want us kicking goals at all.
Ffs pull your head out of your arses, we’ve not been a good side offensively for 14 years. It’s got nothing to do with the coach, and everything to do with the talent we have on the park.
Jesus, exactly!

I mean for as long as I can remember, I've been using the same metaphor to describe St Kilda players playing football, and yes it is STILL like watching someone getting a nail into the wall by throwing a thousand hammers at it.

What exactly was better in the Ratts Richo eras? I literally can't remember it being better than this after 2011.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Ross has been a coach for a long time and has never headed a team that has been crash hot at scoring, so on the contrary, thinking he doesn't contribute to our poor scoring ability is the stance that ignores the evidence.

No Ross has been a coach for a long time and has never headed a team that has been crash hot at scoring, so on the contrary, thinking he doesn't contribute to our poor scoring ability is the stance that ignores the evidence.

Players expected to run back to help the defence and peel back with the play was one of the reasons Richo sides didn't score too. Our whole focus is on stopping an opponent and not on winning contests and moving the ball faster than defences can set zones by spreading and losing an opponent. If you have to always be within stopping distance of your player you can't make your own space.

It is simples really, clearly what the team is missing is Z Cordy playing CHF.
First 6 games last year awesome....since then they have been inconsistent, and Mr. Cordy hasn't been picked to start there!
You know it makes cents ☺️

Seriously that start to last year, we seemed to be very deliberate and precise in setting up our forwards. Perhaps sides worked out our plan but we seem to have gone back to bad habits.

If you’ve watched the vision and not seen it then you need to open your other eye.
I have watched the video and King did not hold Andrew he was trying push past him as Andrew had his arms wrapped around him

Again tell me at what exact point did King wrap his arms around Andrew?

The umpire didn't see King wrap his arms around Andrew and he was watching the contest

Only one person was holding and he had a free paid against him

This go watch the video crap is laughable when its clear on the video King never grabbed and impeded Andrew

I have watched the video and King did not hold Andrew he was trying push past him as Andrew had his arms wrapped around him

Again tell me at what exact point did King wrap his arms around Andrew?

The umpire didn't see King wrap his arms around Andrew and he was watching the contest

Only one person was holding and he had a free paid against him

This go watch the video crap is laughable when its clear on the video King never grabbed and impeded Andrew
I’m sure that’s why the afl said it was wrong, because they’re so renowned for publically announcing they got decisions wrong.

Not prepared to handball to a man in worse position.
Takes responsibility.
Escapes the tackle.
Hits a target.

I hope we get to see a lot more of this from Clark.

I dunno, this is all the vision I can see of the incident so if you can pin point the part where King holds on to Andrew it would help.

You’re joking right. King grabs first and last. Arm and wrap first and full wrap last (which you could see on the 7 coverage but is obstructed by the goalpost).

Guys, let it go, your the only two people (there’s probably a handful of other one eyeds) who think it was the correct free kick. At the absolutely best it’s extremely soft.

We got a cheapy, who ****ing cares.

Theres a difference between ‘not being crash hot’ and what we’re producing offensively now.
Ross is a defensive minded coach, yes but he’s also been very aware of our gaps offensively and a number of track watchers have noted the work they’ve been doing to rectify our inside 50 connection.
So again the point becomes execution.

Autopsy Round 13, 2024: St.Kilda v Gold Coast: #GrabGate2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back