Review Round 13, 2024 - Western Bulldogs vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against the Western Bulldogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Berry was phenomenal tonight! So was our tackle pressure. Lachie Neale had it on a string, Hipwood probably had his best game and Wilmot was strong all match. My new second favourite player, Logan Morris lost no admirers either.

Cameron is down on form in front of the sticks, but he contributed around the ground, as did Rayner. A real TEAM performance.

Well done to every player......they were awesome!

Eric's best game and absolutely love our youngsters, JBez brilliant and the rest of the team played like real Lions....in for the kill!

Was nervous in the last qtr but didn't need to be so sat back and enjoyed that winning feeling we have missed so much.

As has been said....we are back baby! :grinv1: :heart:

His token one half decent game in 6.
We need Rayner to stand up and dominate against Port Adelaide in a fortnight. That’s a real test for him.

What a great game to watch. Bez was sensational, not only an important tag role but made a difference getting his own ball. Should play this role for the rest of the season. Neale doing Neale things, he is such a gun. Hippy, well done lad, now to keep that confidence alive and string a few together like that.

Also, how exciting are our young boys - Breville, Kai, McMorris, Motty and Fletcher, just so exciting for those coming through.

A great win

I'm calling it now the second QClash this year is for a spot in the finals. Whichever QLD team gets the choccies in round twenty finishes in the eight. There can be only one.

Loving what we are seeing from the younger lads. Hipwood was great, but now needs to produce it again, and again. Berry looking like a bull again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to be so excited, jump up and down and yell - WE ARE BACK. But it's just one game, good signs but one good win it's not a saved season. Lets see next week if we find consistency.

Neale, Berry, Big O, Hipwood (just 1 good game this season) Andrews.

Special mention to Logan Morris, the kid has potential and is a regular contributor on the scoreboard, a great debut season so far.

The oh dear, Rayner and Cameron, especially Charlie in this game - all at sea, the pair are just drifting away.

The oh dear, Rayner and Cameron, especially Charlie in this game - all at sea, the pair are just drifting away.
I thought Rayner while not dominating a game peak Dusty/Petracca style was very good last night, played a role and had a few highly skilled moments, one particular visionary handball in between opponents was Vossy like, also kicked a clutch goal when the Bulldogs looked to be gaining some momentum.

Charlie obviously down but he looks to be still putting in very good effort and has not lost his pace, confident it will turn for him.

I thought Rayner played his role quite well. Good forward pressure (21 pressure acts, same as Lohmann), hit the scoreboard, linked up play nicely and got his hands on the footy on the occasions he went into the midfield. I think if you judge him on his role, he more than did his job.

Rayner wasn’t flashy but he was definitely impactful. Physically imposing around the contest at man and ball, carried the ball with pace and he can draw the opponent and flick off the handball to advantage with the best of them.

If games like that were his baseline I’d be very satisfied.

1 great win, but only one!
Need to see consistency from here on out before I get too excited 😜
But that was a great performance right from the start of the game, an aggressive intensity with good quick hands in tight which was fantastic to see as it is usually a weakness.
Berry needs to be given a clear role week in and week out. It seems to really motivate him to have a clearly defined role.
If the midfield can continue to play like that I will get excited.

I’ve been a Rayner knocker, but I considered him for a vote last night because he played the high half forward role so well. Provided a target but few if any unrealistic attempts at flying for marks against our other forwards. On TV he looked to have a number of second and third efforts; and his defensive pressure looked at least ok. His head really seemed to be in the game.

Please keep it up Cam.l

If Fagan and co. continue to play Berry in shutdown roles we’ll be winning more than we’re losing for the rest of the year
Interesting that Fages mentioned Berry's shoulders as the reason why he has had limited mid-field time up until recently...has been mentioned numerous times here on BF but now confirmed by the Coach.

Review Round 13, 2024 - Western Bulldogs vs. Brisbane Lions

Back