Autopsy Round 13... cats 16.4 def Dogs 5.13

Remove this Banner Ad

Campbell Jong Dickson Boyd
Roberts Honey Biggs Dunkley
Daniel

I have concerns on all these blokes and some of them are purely they are too similar to blokes in front of them and others are just Sh!t

Fair enough. I thought Daniel would be ok, but tonight showed he can be exploited. Be interested to see if that happens again and how he and the coaches respond. FWIW, I think Dunkley will be ok. MBoyd will be interesting at year's end.

It's not so much our set shots that bother me, it's that we never generate easy shots on goal. Where are our guys in the square by themselves? Where are our uncontested marks within 20m? Our ball movement and/or workrate are not up to scratch. We really need to mix up our forward structure/gameplan

Our delivery/decision making going inside 50 was pathetic. Let's kick to a 5 on 1 repeatedly!

There are excuses, and then there are factors. Missing all those guys, absolutely key guys....that's a factor right there. Do we want to pin this loss on injury? No. Geelong played really well, and strategically we were in the palm of their hand. Regardless of who we were missing, we had to execute a LOT better than we did. You're right there. But we really were missing some key guys, and I think it's hard to move past that as at least being a factor, not an excuse.
We were missing them all last week, plus Adams, but we ground out a great win.

I agree with the no need to have a big draft of kids again

But I'll have to agree to disagree on certain players as some perform better than your willing to give them credit for. Tonight Dickson and honey were easily on our worse 5-6 players but imo Jong wasn't and I don't want to get in an argument over Jong but I just think at times you refuse to look past your judgement you've already made so when it comes to a single performance you won't look at it independently

No I look at what we need to win a flag and if anyone acts illy truly truly think Jong is a premiership midfielder then I'm simply stunned by it. And he isn't alone in that on our list Hrovat Picken and Stevens all concern me for the same reasons but they have far less negatives than Jong, who everyone will admit is playing purely due to injuries he isn't in our best 26 when everyone is fit.

Half the people who keep cracking at me about him actually agree with me but continue to bait me coz they can't admit they are wrong about him being easy 22.

When I say Jong plays we lose I firmly believe that coz he only plays IMO when we have 5-7 players out and we arnt strong enough to win that short yet. Sits not directly his fault just the reality we are putting a far inferior team on the park.

No I look at what we need to win a flag and if anyone acts illy truly truly think Jong is a premiership midfielder then I'm simply stunned by it. And he isn't alone in that on our list Hrovat Picken and Stevens all concern me for the same reasons but they have far less negatives than Jong, who everyone will admit is playing purely due to injuries he isn't in our best 26 when everyone is fit.

Half the people who keep cracking at me about him actually agree with me but continue to bait me coz they can't admit they are wrong about him being easy 22.

When I say Jong plays we lose I firmly believe that coz he only plays IMO when we have 5-7 players out and we arnt strong enough to win that short yet. Sits not directly his fault just the reality we are putting a far inferior team on the park.

Never said he could be a premiership midfielder and am not completely sold on him as a player could he possible be a depth player imo yes but he has areas that need to improve.

But if you looked solely on tonight's game was he in our worst 6 players performance wise?

We were terrible today. Our ball use was atrocious all day, the goal kicking was particularly depressing. Geelong did set up well and made it very hard for us to move the ball along, might be time to trial Boyd and Redpath together because I don't think we have enough size or marking power around the ground.

Bye might have come at a good time, get a couple of weeks now to reflect on what went wrong today and get back to what we were doing earlier in the season. Getting a few soldiers back will certainly help and hopefully we see Wood, JJ and Stevens back for the Swans clash or even against Richmond.

Didn't think there was too many winners out there for us today. Disappointing day but I reckon we can bounce back hard after the break.

Fair enough. I thought Daniel would be ok, but tonight showed he can be exploited. Be interested to see if that happens again and how he and the coaches respond. FWIW, I think Dunkley will be ok. MBoyd will be interesting at year's end.

No I like Daniel I just worry if he can play on a premiership team with Libba Wallis and Dahl

Never said he could be a premiership midfielder and am not completely sold on him as a player could he possible be a depth player imo yes but he has areas that need to improve.

But if you looked solely on tonight's game was he in our worst 6 players performance wise?

Hard game to really say because everyone was poor other than a few and he wasn't in that few IMO

Also Bailey Williams went past Adcock on the team and now I reckon he's gone past Biggs.

Biggs' form has been poor for a few weeks now. With JJ and Wood returning after the bye I reckon Biggs might be the one who makes way, not Williams.

Lol can you please rewatch the Port game and the Eagles game.

Biggs was dominant in both.

Short memories around here.

Agree that Williams is going very well though.

I sincerely hope Bev whips them into a frenzy for the Swans because we have to hit back hard after that effort. We just have to.

Must bring back Boyd and Wood and surely JJ will be just about ready.

Terrible game. Anyone blaming individuals for that performance or trying to use it as an example against certain players or coaches is a moron who doesn't deserve the bandwidth that their opinion is posted on.

We fell apart as a team and need to wear it as a team. Regroup, recharge, get a few back and smash into the Swans.

No I like Daniel I just worry if he can play on a premiership team with Libba Wallis and Dahl
Not really sure why these four shouldn't fit in the same team. Seems a strange comment if based on height, given Libba is only just below average height for a midfielder and Wallis is probably around average. Seems an even stranger comment if based on playing style, because Caleb plays a completely different role to the other three.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is going to be unpopular, but Dickson has had a very poor year and had another very poor game.

Also going to be unpopular but on form, and if McLean, Dahlhaus and Hrovat are all fit, I wouldn't be playing Dickson ahead of them until he finds form in the VFL.
This was going to be my unpopular post tonight. I agree, he was very soft tonight and has been out of form for a few weeks.

This was going to be my unpopular post tonight. I agree, he was very soft tonight and has been out of form for a few weeks.

Dickson is in the side for his straight kick and defensive pressure - He has shown very little of that this year and has become a liability.

Now for the even more unpopular post - Lately i've been thinking he'd be alright trade bait...

Didn't see the game tonight. Terrible result. Not overly concerned. It's only round 13. If they do that to us round 19 with some blokes back I'll be concerned. Nobody should be sacked on the beck of one performance. Looking forward to seeing big Tommy B tomorrow.

This is going to be unpopular, but Dickson has had a very poor year and had another very poor game.

Also going to be unpopular but on form, and if McLean, Dahlhaus and Hrovat are all fit, I wouldn't be playing Dickson ahead of them until he finds form in the VFL.
Thought he had a pretty good 2 weeks prior to this game. His defensive stuff and pressure is fantastic.

Despite all the good intentions, Cats fans will never know what it's like to be a Dogs supporter.

Imagine a race to climb a mountain. Just when you can start to see the summit, you lose your footing and the other climbers pass you by and plant their flag on top. That's been life for Dogs supporters for 62 years.

While your club tries to find room to squeeze in another cup in the cabinet, our cabinets are bare and gathering dust.

We have one flag and that was in
1954 when my Dad was still in nappies. We haven't played in a Grand Final for 55 years and have nearly gone out of existence twice.

God only knows when we'll break the premiership drought.

I envy your club's three flags and just hope my club will be able to win one, just one, some time soon. If it happens, I know it'll mean more than most opposition supporters will ever realise.

So, if Geelong does win the flag this year, I hope you and your fellow supporters don't take it for granted because there's some of us that would kill to be in your position.

I hear what you're saying, but slightly older Cats fans can relate only too well - we climbed that same mountain 4 times between '89-'95 only to get shot down in flames. Heartbreaking. I personally never thought I'd see a Cats premiership in my lifetime.
The Bulldogs are in it up to their necks this year; you'll get a few back from injury and be right amongst in come September - grab your chances and the drought could be all over.

Given the injuries your teams had, 9-4 is a very good result at the half-way point of the season. There is a lot of talent on the Dog's list, and they are playing a good brand of football under Beveridge (it's certainly good to watch). It didn't happen tonight and Geelong kicked straight (which is a minor miracle). I assume you will have some solid 'ins' for the return bout. Look forward to it.

Thought he had a pretty good 2 weeks prior to this game. His defensive stuff and pressure is fantastic.
But at the end of the day he had 9 touches and 0 goals rotating as a small forward, half forward and at a wing on occasions.

Very disappointing effort tonight.

I expected much more than that. Our first quarter was the pits as well as the second. 3rd quarter was our best of the game clearly and I thought just maybe we were a chance but we ruined it and stuffed in the last quarter and dropped our bundle again. Too many turnovers, over handballing, forward line non-existent.

In saying this in the overall context we have had a great season thus far and are still in with a chance for top 4 and to win the flag. Things can change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13... cats 16.4 def Dogs 5.13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back